Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 54 [55] 56 57 58 ... 139   Go Down

Author Topic: Community Universal Patch C.U.P.  (Read 493643 times)

SAS~Storebror

• Editor
  • Taking a timeout
    • STFU
Re: Community Universal Patch C.U.P.
« Reply #648 on: March 12, 2015, 02:58:30 AM »

Do the new uploads contain anything different or am I good to go with what I have.
The new v2 Torrent contains exactly the same files like what you get when you completely downloaded the old v1 Torrent, then the "v1 Torrent Update" and replaced all files from v1 Torrent with the ones from "v1 Torrent Update" accordingly.

No need for you to download the whole v2 Torrent again when you already got all the old stuff plus the update.

Best regards - Mike
Don't split your mentality without thinking twice.

Alfie Noakes

• Art Director
Re: DBW 1916 update v3.4 (UPDATED! 03.08.2014)
« Reply #649 on: March 12, 2015, 04:46:43 AM »

A question for Istvan & DreamK

I have no problem assembling D.O.F from it's constituent parts....It works well for me and appears to be stable.
However I've found that when I add some DBW1916 mods ( not a/c) to D.O.F it exhibits strange characteristics......

The main culprits appear to be !SAS Engine mod and DreamK's WW I bomb pack
When I build D.O.F vanilla and add these 2 mods the game loads perfectly and runs well with these mods functioning perfectly.
I run QMB & FMB no problem....
When I close the game and computer.... no problem
When I start the computer and modded D.O.F the game freezes (no CTD) at 60% on game loading screen.
log.lst doesn't seem to indicate anything as game hasn't started....

So could you tell me of any DBW1916 mods that should not be attempted in D.O.F

Cheers

Alfie

P.S Admins....not quite sure where to put this query...SAS Essentials>CUP or Individual Mod Downloads>Aircraft>WW I
Is it worth making a  Individual Mod Downloads>Aircraft>WW I> DOF page ?
Feel free to move it  :)
Everything is for the best in the best of all possible worlds

Baffrah

« Reply #650 on: March 12, 2015, 05:56:59 AM »

About the Flyby sound problem, I donnot know if mine are the same than Sir Rod, but it only happens with winter maps in my installation. The same bug, it seems, than the old one discussed here: https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,27302.48.html

Unfortunatly, the link for fix isn't working anymore. I also checked my load.ini files, wich seemed to be ok, including the WaterNoise = water/WaterNoise.tga and WaterNoiseAnimStart = Water/Animated/WaterNoise00.tga lines.

What can I do?

I'm having a blast with CUP, guys.

erafitti

« Reply #651 on: March 12, 2015, 06:18:12 AM »

Sorry my mistake  :-[ 

Un saludo.

SAS~Storebror

• Editor
  • Taking a timeout
    • STFU
Don't split your mentality without thinking twice.

decipher

• Missioneer
« Reply #653 on: March 12, 2015, 06:30:51 AM »

broken map: MAPS / WaW module -> Pacific Maps -> Palau REDKO

this map does not work correctly out of the box. disclaimer: the INI might have been modified by the optional TB_SKIES JSGME mod that comes with CUP.

when the map is loaded in FMB, it will display and you will be able to play, but the map is NOT using the correct textures for anything. the runways are missing etc. since it loads up without errors, there is no logfile.

with TB_SKIES enabled the ini file for this map seems to have some typing errors, these might not appear when you never activated TB_SKIES. i compared the files with my text editor and already hard-edited, forgot to make notes, but some commas where swapped with dots in filenames [example texturename.1.tga - texturename,1.tga , or a comma was inserted where nothing was before -> texturname1.tga -> texturname,1]. sorry for this unclear report.

even with these errors corrected, the map does not load the correct textures (you will notice especially because of the missing white shining peleliu runway cross). i had to manually copy all textures from this map mod over (i already had this map in my #SAS installation), after this, it works perfectly in CUP too.

s!

Baffrah

« Reply #654 on: March 12, 2015, 07:00:49 AM »

Ok, fortunatly I kept a lot of stuff in my external dd: I've found there a copy of the "mapfix" mod, installed it via jsgme after tweaking it so it works in #WAW - the flybys are back in winter maps (at least Stalingrad, did'nt test others). Hourrah. :P

moepkid

« Reply #655 on: March 12, 2015, 07:01:55 AM »

with TB_SKIES enabled the ini file for this map seems to have some typing errors, these might not appear when you never activated TB_SKIES. ....

decipher, I also have errors with tb_skies enabled. Whenever i use the weapon3 command, it ctd's and give an error about missing rocketHook textures!

I wonder how i could fix this because i really like those new skies

decipher

• Missioneer
« Reply #656 on: March 12, 2015, 07:23:03 AM »

decipher, I also have errors with tb_skies enabled. Whenever i use the weapon3 command, it ctd's and give an error about missing rocketHook textures!
I wonder how i could fix this because i really like those new skies

it is a little weird that the skies mod seems to be connected to such different errors. from what i understand it is just textures, and modified map ini files, where these new textures are inserted as cloud textures. i did not see any classfiles in the jsgme folders for TB SKIES.

we might have to wait until monty looks at this, since he put the package together.

moepkid

« Reply #657 on: March 12, 2015, 07:26:43 AM »

Which ini do you mean btw?

Sir Rod

« Reply #658 on: March 12, 2015, 07:38:38 AM »

Thanks  SAS~Gerax
Could not find the "WepEffect=0" entry in my Conf.ini  - so I added it.  If I read the link correcty.
Can't say I see any reduction in the Logfile.txt  -   Still horendiously long.

Shame about the sound   I do like the immersion of that.
Can someone take a look at their [Sound] portion of the Conf.ini and see if I have anything radicaly set wrong?
Code: [Select]
[sound]
SoundUse=1
SoundEngine=1
Speakers=1
Placement=0
SoundFlags.reversestereo=0
RadioFlags.Enabled=0
RadioEngine=2
MusicVolume=0
ObjectVolume=7
MusState.takeoff=0
MusState.inflight=0
MusState.crash=0
MusFlags.play=0
MasterVolume=3
Attenuation=5
SoundMode=1
SamplingRate=1
NumChannels=3
SoundExt.occlusions=0
SoundFlags.hardware=0
SoundFlags.streams=1
SoundFlags.duplex=1
SoundExt.acoustics=0
SoundExt.volumefx=0
SoundFlags.voicemgr=0
SoundFlags.static=1
VoiceVolume=0
Channels=2
SoundExt.extrender=0
SoundFlags.bugscorrect=0
SoundSetupId=8
ActivationLevel=0.02
Preemphasis=0.85
RadioLatency=0.5
AGC=1
PTTMode=1
SoundFlags.UseRadioChatter=0
SoundFlags.AutoActivation=0
RadioFlags.PTTMode=0
RadioFlags.PlayClicks=0
ActLevel=0
MicLevel=0
SoundFlags.forceEAX1=0

I also take the point about Winter maps and tried a summer map  -  Still no joy.

How do I get to the Load.ini file to add the line   "WaterNoiseAnimStart = Water/Animated/WaterNoisex00.tga"     per the link provided by Baffrah

One think that did seem to work :-
Change your conf.ini line in [MODS] to  "flyby=0"  and you will get flyby sound.    Not sure if it is "Tigers" but it is a lot better than nothing
    :)

Thankyou for the pointers guys. Rod
i7-930 - 2.93 GHz, Asus P6X58D Premium, GeForce GTX-970, 12GB DDR3,  Samsung 32" , Win10 pro 64bit

Sir Rod

« Reply #659 on: March 12, 2015, 07:43:43 AM »

Sorry 
Disregard request for load.ini info - they are in the  #WAW/Mapmods/Maps  folder -  at least the ones I can get to.
i7-930 - 2.93 GHz, Asus P6X58D Premium, GeForce GTX-970, 12GB DDR3,  Samsung 32" , Win10 pro 64bit
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 54 [55] 56 57 58 ... 139   Go Up

Page created in 0.075 seconds with 28 queries.