Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 55 [56] 57 58 59 ... 139   Go Down

Author Topic: Community Universal Patch C.U.P.  (Read 494091 times)

decipher

• Missioneer
Re: Community Universal Patch C.U.P.
« Reply #660 on: March 12, 2015, 07:44:03 AM »

Which ini do you mean btw?

oh sorry. i was refering to the load.ini of the palau(redko) map, which is located at "#WAW\MAPMODS\MAPS\redko_palau", this was just specific for the non-working map.

the TB Skies JSGME has modified load.ini files for all maps it changes the clouds for, so this might just have been a single editing error by monty, or whoever packed that jsgme for CUP.

Sir Rod

« Reply #661 on: March 12, 2015, 08:07:23 AM »

Decipher,
Just out of curiosity?  How do you see the map palau(redko) in your #WAW/Mapmods/Maps folder?
I only have it listed in the air.ini and can't get to it I believe.
Did you add other maps?
I believe my build is just the basic download and I only have as few - mostly Winter maps.
All seem to have the line  "WaterNoiseAnimStart = Water/Animated/WaterNoise00.tga" already in them  and no Water0 = Waterice.tga -   which is good I think  :)
Just wondered?
Rod
i7-930 - 2.93 GHz, Asus P6X58D Premium, GeForce GTX-970, 12GB DDR3,  Samsung 32" , Win10 pro 64bit

Griffon_301

• SAS Team
« Reply #662 on: March 12, 2015, 08:09:34 AM »

okay guys, 2 more steps towards perfection :)

I just got both map loading errors solved rather quickly;
Darwin and Palau now work as they should, thanks go to decipher for pushing me towards the correct solution;

basically, on both maps it is a missing texture that is called up in the load.ini and fails to load (because it is missing obviously) and this is crashing the loading process;
what I did was use the console and (SHIFT+TAB AFTER the map loading failed in FMB) and see which texture file is missing;
in the case of Darwin, it was just unzipping the content of the _tex folder in the original Darwin download to the appropriate place in the MAPMODS folder, while in the case of Palau, I just substituted one texture for WATER2 with another one that I had found in an old redko_palau download in the load.ini;

total working time, 5 minutes :)

now I will try and fix these object viewer problems with the wrong technics.ini entries....

decipher

• Missioneer
« Reply #663 on: March 12, 2015, 08:32:05 AM »

Decipher,
Just out of curiosity?  How do you see the map palau(redko) in your #WAW/Mapmods/Maps folder?
I only have it listed in the air.ini and can't get to it I believe.
Did you add other maps?
I believe my build is just the basic download and I only have as few - mostly Winter maps.
All seem to have the line  "WaterNoiseAnimStart = Water/Animated/WaterNoise00.tga" already in them  and no Water0 = Waterice.tga -   which is good I think  :)
Just wondered?
Rod

in the #waw folder you will only find the folders with the load.ini files, the actual textures and other files are most probably inside the SFS files of the CUP map-packs, this is the way monty made the CUP package, so that most files are neatly packed inside the SFS files, which improves loading times, saves space, but of course might lead to small problems, when there are files missing in the SFS itself.

in the special case of redko's palau map, i already had the map mod downloaded a long time ago for my #SAS mod act installation, so i was able to compare the ini's and copy the files over.

i just copied all files needed for the redko palau map over (the files from the actual folder + there are some in the _tex folder).

if it turns out that there are more files missing for various maps i bet that monty will eventually release properly fixed SFS files, so we don't have to mess around in the mod folders too much.

Griffon_301

• SAS Team
« Reply #664 on: March 12, 2015, 08:54:57 AM »

yeah decipher, you are prolly right; but as there have been quite a few alternative tga files for different shallows and stuff, it might be good to trace the errors anyhow and see why a map does not load properly :) and it is good to stay sharp and still now how things work in modding and how stuff can be traced and fixed :D

messeranck

« Reply #665 on: March 12, 2015, 08:57:54 AM »

First a big thank you to Monty and friends ! :)

We're all fully montied since CUP !

@Sir Rod concerning the problem of flyby il lost mine too in a stupid way in changing the conf.ini.

You must read the end of the Cup Manual, with the change in the conf.ini for the sound.

Hope it's help.

If someone has a good settings in his conf.ini, it'll be interested to post entirely, even the default one.

Exuse my french english!

matori

« Reply #666 on: March 12, 2015, 09:11:11 AM »

Great Job Mate`s Thank you soo much :)

Sir Rod

« Reply #667 on: March 12, 2015, 09:14:03 AM »

Thanks De'
Now I understand. 
Thought for a minute there I was missing a load more stuff.  :)  I only have a very few maps with load.ini's in my \Map folder. The rest as you say are buried in the SFS files.
Obviously the undertaking to check and fix any is huge and I certainly have the patience to wait.  Be nice if I could help out some, but still trying to get a handle on the structure.

It is nice to have the flyby sounds back though.  I'm a happy camper :)

I take your point messeranck.  I did read the manual and make the relevant changes to the conf.ini when I built CUP - but it did not help.
I will go back and re check - you never know   :)
Changing the flyby=1 to 0 made the sound come back for me?  Maybe something else is set wrong?   I posted my [Sound] entry 676 above to see if it was incorrect   Perhaps someone can take a look and see if they spot an error.
Rod
Your English btw is great - No Worries :)
i7-930 - 2.93 GHz, Asus P6X58D Premium, GeForce GTX-970, 12GB DDR3,  Samsung 32" , Win10 pro 64bit

jerryb

« Reply #668 on: March 12, 2015, 10:02:09 AM »

Still no joy, re downloaded SAS-MME08 again, checked it, fine, installed it, fine, started game froze at 95% again. What am I missing?  Thanks.

SAS~Storebror

• Editor
  • Taking a timeout
    • STFU
Don't split your mentality without thinking twice.

jerryb

« Reply #670 on: March 12, 2015, 10:13:42 AM »

OK, I get that, as you may have worked out I'm not exactly computer savvy, but does no mods mean not even the MODACT 5.3 because I was under the impression that that had to be installed? From what I've read and seen this is an amazing  piece of work which is why I really want to get it to run, thanks.

SAS~Storebror

• Editor
  • Taking a timeout
    • STFU
« Reply #671 on: March 12, 2015, 10:52:41 AM »

Odoes no mods mean not even the MODACT 5.3
What? Why?
No Mods means no Mods.
Nobody ever stated "No Modact".
The linked post says "clean C.U.P. game installation".
This of course includes Modact since Modact is a prerequisite, as is IL-2 4.12.2m.
You won't ask whether "no Mods" means "no IL-2" either, would you?

Best regards - Mike
Don't split your mentality without thinking twice.
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 55 [56] 57 58 59 ... 139   Go Up

Page created in 0.071 seconds with 21 queries.