Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 46 [47] 48 49 50 ... 139   Go Down

Author Topic: Community Universal Patch C.U.P.  (Read 494088 times)

SAS~Storebror

• Editor
  • Taking a timeout
    • STFU
Re: Community Universal Patch C.U.P.
« Reply #552 on: March 10, 2015, 10:09:04 AM »

Guys, may I ask you for a favor, or rather beg for mercy with the developers:

It's 6 days now since C.U.P. has been released.
At the same time we've got 48 pages with user replies and counting.

I guess it's obvious that you cannot expect the developers to read 10 pages of user replies, bug reports, requests, ideas etc. per day, filter out the duplicates, user errors, already answered questions etc. while at the same time trying to fix real bugs.

It's not that much you need to do.
We're not asking you to fix real bugs on your own.
All you really should do is this:

• When you think something's wrong with C.U.P., make sure you test a clean C.U.P. game installation.
    No additional mods.
    No, also your favourite mod falls under the "no additional mods" restriction.
    No, even if it's small.
    Just a single one? Hell No!.
    Pure C.U.P. or forget your bug report.

• Read.
    READ!
    You expect the devs to crawl through 10 pages per day, but 3/4 self-proclaimed "error reports" scream from every line: "I didn't bother to read the thread!".
    READ!
    Read before you report anything.
    It might have been reported before.
    48 pages, imagine... it's quite likely you're not the first to see what you've seen.
    There might even be others who have a solution at hands for you, go figure...

• Investigate.
    An instructor once said to me:
    "When you've got a problem, bring a solution with you, otherwise you're part of the problem."
    He's been right.
    Most things reported here a so damn obvious, with 5 minutes thinking or even just 30 seconds usage of the board's search function the solution would jump out at you.

• If all of the above failed and you're really really sure that you found a bug in C.U.P. no one found before and no one reported about yet, then:
    Report it.
    "Report" means: Tell the devs how to reproduce the issue.
    Tell every single step if necessary.
    What package?
    QMB or FMB?
    Single Mission, Campaign, COOP, online dogfight?
    What map?
    What planes?
    Time, Weather, Difficulty settings, ordnance options?
    What did you do?
    What happened?
    What did you expect to happen?
    And most of all: For heaven's sake don't forget to post a log!
    Log? You don't know what a log is? So you're not sure if what you saw is a bug either. Trust me. Forget your bug report.

Thanks for your attention.

Best regards - Mike
Don't split your mentality without thinking twice.

Gwalch

« Reply #553 on: March 10, 2015, 10:34:16 AM »

I am not reporting a bug but would like to ask a question.
Because of the 70% CTD when including part seven of WAW, I deleted the stationary ini from that and replaced it with the one from part 6.
Works great [thanks Doug W60]. Question is what exactly am I missing and how will it affect "my version" as CUP develops?
Thank you again for everything and, yes, I am challenged when it comes to these things!

Barkhorn1x

« Reply #554 on: March 10, 2015, 11:01:01 AM »

I am not reporting a bug but would like to ask a question.
Because of the 70% CTD when including part seven of WAW, I deleted the stationary ini from that and replaced it with the one from part 6.
Works great [thanks Doug W60]. Question is what exactly am I missing and how will it affect "my version" as CUP develops?
Thank you again for everything and, yes, I am challenged when it comes to these things!

You are missing C&C functionality and here is the fix after you install WAW Part #7:
For those with 70% CTD solution is the Griffon_301 the post: #Repply 222 - Page 19.
Folders of path> #WAW / STD / com / maddox / il2 / objects / stationary.

Gwalch

« Reply #555 on: March 10, 2015, 11:30:21 AM »

thanks Barkhorn. Will try at least!

DougW60

« Reply #556 on: March 10, 2015, 11:35:51 AM »

Gwalch

Yes, the fix by Griffon found on post #222 works.  When I did the temporary solution so the game will fly, Griffon had not posted the real solution.  With Griffon's fix, you get all the functions available but with mine temporary fix we loose some of the functions.

Griffon's fix is the fix to go with.

PO_MAK_249RIP

• CMON U SPURS!
« Reply #557 on: March 10, 2015, 11:46:44 AM »

Hy Guys,

God I'm feeling bl**dy fed up, just got my new PC up and running and have installed CUP from original disc, mega patch to 4.12.2m, all the modules in order then WAW in order allowing overwrites when instructed.

Bam COTD at 60% and I cant get widescreen it keeps reverting to 4:3 ?? My monitors a Samsung LCD native at 1920x1080 - FSX runs a dream!

CUP's on my new 256bg SSD

Heres my logfile (which is huge btw)

Code: [Select]
from Alternative File: 'gui/game/buttons'
FM called 'FlightModels/P-47D-30.fmd:P47Pack_FM' is being loaded from File: 'p47pack_fm'
FM called 'FlightModels/P-47D-30.fmd:P47Pack_FM' is being loaded from Alternative File: 'p47pack_fm'
FM called 'FlightModels/P-47D-30.fmd:P47Pack_FM' is being loaded from File: 'p47pack_fm'
FM called 'FlightModels/P-47D-30.fmd:P47Pack_FM' is being loaded from Alternative File: 'p47pack_fm'
FM called 'FlightModels/P-47M.fmd:P47Pack_FM' is being loaded from File: 'p47pack_fm'
FM called 'FlightModels/P-47M.fmd:P47Pack_FM' is being loaded from Alternative File: 'p47pack_fm'
FM called 'FlightModels/P-47N-15.fmd:P47Pack_FM' is being loaded from File: 'p47pack_fm'
FM called 'FlightModels/P-47N-15.fmd:P47Pack_FM' is being loaded from Alternative File: 'p47pack_fm'
FM called 'FlightModels/P-51A.fmd' is being loaded from Alternative File: 'gui/game/buttons'
FM called 'FlightModels/P-51A.fmd' is being loaded from Alternative File: 'gui/game/buttons'
FM called 'FlightModels/P-51B.fmd' is being loaded from Alternative File: 'gui/game/buttons'
Main begin: PlMisAir: class 'air.P_51B_5' not found
java.lang.RuntimeException: PlMisAir: class 'air.P_51B_5' not found
at com.maddox.il2.gui.GUIQuick.fillArrayPlanes(GUIQuick.java:1064)
at com.maddox.il2.gui.GUIQuick.<init>(GUIQuick.java:1841)
at com.maddox.il2.gui.GUI.create(GUI.java:160)
at com.maddox.il2.game.Main3D.beginApp(Main3D.java:1885)
at com.maddox.il2.game.Main3D.beginApp(Main3D.java:1579)
at com.maddox.il2.game.MainWin3D.beginApp(MainWin3D.java:212)
at com.maddox.il2.game.Main.exec(Main.java:432)
at com.maddox.il2.game.GameWin3D.main(GameWin3D.java:235)
[Mar 10, 2015 5:18:10 PM] -------------- END log session -
Any help gratefuuly recieved

Mick

I'm guessing this has something to do with it?

Corsair Carbide case, Intel core i5 4690 3.5ghz with Arctic Cooler, Asus Rock H97 performance, MSI Ventus XS OC 1660GTX 6GB DDR6, 32GB Patriot Viper 1600Mhz, 256GB/500GB Crucial SSDs, Windows 10 64bit.

Sir Rod

« Reply #558 on: March 10, 2015, 11:59:09 AM »

Mick, for your wide screen issue:
Did you try to add the  "2 Ecran_Wide"  mod into your  #WAW or other  folders  or even  try it in JSGME.  So far that fixed the res on my Samsong 32" monitor  1920 x 1080.
Rod
i7-930 - 2.93 GHz, Asus P6X58D Premium, GeForce GTX-970, 12GB DDR3,  Samsung 32" , Win10 pro 64bit

PO_MAK_249RIP

• CMON U SPURS!
« Reply #559 on: March 10, 2015, 12:05:25 PM »

Hi Rod,

I thought this stuff was automatically installed now? I've added the VisualMod via jsgme which has cured the widescreen thanks - no joy with the 60% COTD tho !!

Cheers mate
Corsair Carbide case, Intel core i5 4690 3.5ghz with Arctic Cooler, Asus Rock H97 performance, MSI Ventus XS OC 1660GTX 6GB DDR6, 32GB Patriot Viper 1600Mhz, 256GB/500GB Crucial SSDs, Windows 10 64bit.

rcglider

« Reply #560 on: March 10, 2015, 12:08:46 PM »

In DOF module, are there supposed to be single missions and campaigns or only the QMB?  That is all I have with WWI maps and airplanes.

Barkhorn1x

« Reply #561 on: March 10, 2015, 12:15:02 PM »

Hy Guys,

God I'm feeling bl**dy fed up, just got my new PC up and running and have installed CUP from original disc, mega patch to 4.12.2m, all the modules in order then WAW in order allowing overwrites when instructed.

Bam COTD at 60% and I cant get widescreen it keeps reverting to 4:3 ?? My monitors a Samsung LCD native at 1920x1080 - FSX runs a dream!

Looks like you have the original WAW Part #7 that was corrected - but then introduced a new error.

OK, here is what you do:
1. Redownload WAW Part #7 from Mediafire
2. Unpack and overwrite all items when prompted - this will fix your 60% CTD
3. BUT - you will then get a 70% crash due to another issue - so you then need to see Griffon_301s the post: #Repply 222 - Page 19.
Folders of path> #WAW / STD / com / maddox / il2 / objects / stationary.ini

Do that and you will be good to go.

PO_MAK_249RIP

• CMON U SPURS!
« Reply #562 on: March 10, 2015, 12:31:23 PM »

Barkhorn you are a life saver m8 - I've spent all day installing FSX and all my add-ons then another few hours sorting CUP - i'd almost given up

Cheers dude

PC's going off now - need a breather!! LOL

Mick

dpeters95

• Modder
« Reply #563 on: March 10, 2015, 12:32:22 PM »

remove the _ru from the prop. files

Nope, I tried that already.  Besides, that doesn't stop a mission from loading.  No errors reported during loading, but just a screen with sky and clouds when finished...  I do not see how these could work as they are in a vanilla CUP install.
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 46 [47] 48 49 50 ... 139   Go Up

Page created in 0.075 seconds with 21 queries.