Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 ... 11   Go Down

Author Topic: DBW 1916 update  (Read 34851 times)

max_thehitman

• SAS~Area51
  • Modder
  • Beer...Girls...IL2+Mods!
Re: DBW 1916 update
« Reply #60 on: June 06, 2012, 08:40:18 PM »

Hey, look at that!  ;D  Now I remember those bits and pieces from various skins.
They´re from BeoWulfs cool Monster WW1 Gotha bombers. If I remember correctly, The wings are from
one aircraft and the fuselage came from a big russian bomber. Engines from another cool mod-works. I must admit, and
congratulate Beowulf on a fine looking aircraft worthy of the glorious name "Gotha".
I have all these skin pieces in my files if you need them VPmedia.
The other image is from the cool Camel. I repainted it . All together its about 70+ skin files  :P  A nice brain-teaser puzzle,
with alot of painting and hours spent on them, alot of testing to see what piece fits to what aircraft part, but it sure is ALOT of
fun to see it fly and see all the skin pieces come together on the 3d-model in the IL-2 game.
You guys at SAS are really "The Experts" at creating these superb flying machines,and making them fly right!
Much much credit has to be given to you all mod-artists at SAS.

If everyone here helps out a little bit and does their part, then the airplane is made faster, better and be ready to fly
in the IL-2 skies sooner, for everyone to enjoy.

OK, tomorrow I will be back to doing some more testing and flying on this new mod. I also want it to work perfectly.
Yes, we can do it!
Everything I like is either illegal, immoral or fattening ! Welcome to SAS1946

vpmedia

• Modder
  • www.vpmedia.hu/il2
    • VPMEDIA SKINS
« Reply #61 on: June 06, 2012, 11:54:12 PM »

Thanks guys! I paused the project and removed the rar file until i get some feedback on that cockpit issue.
Currently I'm not even sure if its a problem in my install or everyone gets it.
Please somebody with a standard, non-modded #DBW 1916 folder, test the cockpit issue detailed few posts above.
I got v3b (new plane, fixed smoke effects, gui changes) ready but want to wait maybe it can include a fix for blinking front part of cockpit.

pierre1946

« Reply #62 on: June 07, 2012, 02:04:36 AM »

Re: VPmedia's question:

Thanks Max!
If you wanna help use the Fokker Dr1 (the old one) as testing platform. The part above the instrument panel I marked with red on this picture is ok for you? -> https://www.sas1946.rocks/images/imageshit/img403/233/19594492.jpg
Mine is blinking when I fire my guns.
[/unquote]

I had a look in the QMB:
My Dr1-cockpit rim blinks also when firing the guns...

Greetings, Pierre

vpmedia

• Modder
  • www.vpmedia.hu/il2
    • VPMEDIA SKINS
« Reply #63 on: June 07, 2012, 02:20:16 AM »

Ok, that means I'm not crazy :) Thanks Pierre!!!
Plus meanwhile I installed a fresh DBW 1.71 superpack and used its clean #DBW1916 folder, and the error is still there.
So unless its caused by a conf.ini setting or something outside the #DBW1916 folder than its safe to assume that this error comes inside from an sfs file, with other words its hardcoded.
This means I dont have to search my files for errors and I did everthing right. I was so persistent about this because I want this pack to be usefull for even official upgrades and not to introduce any new errors. Now back to v1b3....

Cheers

vpmedia

• Modder
  • www.vpmedia.hu/il2
    • VPMEDIA SKINS
« Reply #64 on: June 07, 2012, 05:51:59 AM »

Thanks, youre helping a lot.

If that cockpit error would not be there I'd be totally satisfied with my curent DBW-1916 :)

Or maybe one more thing...the static aircraft on airfields...I cant seem to place them all..getting a java error.
I've checked static.ini & technics.ini and I cant see a problem.
Unfortunately I dont know any java stuff related to the game engine and I dont want to bother CrazyFlak becuase he seems to be busy with his projects.
Do you know how to fix such problem?

max_thehitman

• SAS~Area51
  • Modder
« Reply #65 on: June 07, 2012, 10:13:19 AM »

....There's going to be a v1b3 tomorrow :)
I hope you dont mind the 200Mb download, its much quicker for me to upload the entire pack and it minimizes the chance of forgetting a file from a patch.
By the way, I have not noticed the cockpit "blinking or dissappearing" when I shoot the guns in
my game.

Thanks Max!
If you wanna help use the Fokker Dr1 (the old one) as testing platform. The part above the instrument panel I marked with red on this picture is ok for you? -> https://www.sas1946.rocks/images/imageshit/img403/233/19594492.jpg
Mine is blinking when I fire my guns.

Alright, I am back from another flight in WW1. Great fun!
I flew all airplanes to checkout the new skins, and I must say that they look much better than the original versions.
They fit the dress much better on this new version, but still, they will need new details painted better and
proper skins to fit certain makes of aircraft. Alot of these skins were made to fit other airplanes that have diferent
fuselages and wings and these WW1 machines are a  little diferent, so the skin does not fit them so good.
I have decided I will be painting new skins for them very soon.
One strange skin I noticed on the old original-game version was that the German Fokker DVII was using an English
RFC (RAF) skin ???  Only now I noticed this.... AAAHAHAHAH. Must have been an airplane SPY !!  ;D
Its good that you changed that skin VP- Istvan, it looks very German now. I specially like what skins you chose for
the float airplanes. Those look mighty nice, but they also need new paint jobs on them.

As for the "blinking and dissappearing" parts on the Fokker DR.1 I have not noticed any big changes. Yes,
there is a slight blinking but not much on my game. I tried the original version of the game and VPmedias version1-B
and they act the same way for me. Not much changes on that aircraft when I fire my guns.
I have not tested for a long time the other aircraft, so I am not sure if there is the same problem with any other airplanes.
Perhaps this effect happens due to computer over-heating? or over-working perhaps? Not sure. It could also be a little file somewhere that is causing this "blinking" a little on the airplanes cockpit. It only appears a little bit on my game.

I have also seen the new WW1 tank skins and they look superb. Excellent paint job on those machines.
As for the maps and scenary they also look good so far , from what I have seen. I need to fly over them a bit
more to check out any strange stuff, but they look really good so far.

vpmedia

• Modder
  • www.vpmedia.hu/il2
    • VPMEDIA SKINS
« Reply #66 on: June 07, 2012, 10:29:29 AM »

I'm aware of the skin problems, but since half of german and allied fighters share the same skin its hard to get the wing shadows and markings right.

For example these types share the same skin :

Fokker EIII
Siemens DII
Siemens DV
FokkerDr1

for these I also included an alternative skin in a subfolder inside #DBW_1916\SKINMOD\3do\Plane\U_SYP3\summer\optional\

also

Bleriot
Bleriot/Moranne
Sopwith Triplane
Nieuport17
Airco DH.2

Thanks for checking the Dr1 cockpit, now I'm 100% sure where the ploblems are coming from.
This blinking issue happens in all planes which use the 3do/Cockpit/U_SYP2/ cockpit files so that needs to be edited by some 3d expert...or replaced.

max_thehitman

• SAS~Area51
  • Modder
« Reply #67 on: June 07, 2012, 02:15:46 PM »

I have a question,
I was wondering, if this part of DBW game is called "DBW-1916", why don´t we have
the Somme-WW1 map (or other WW1 maps) on the quick missions menu of the maps?

I only see the normal maps used in the normal DBW. It would be great if WW1 maps would
be ready to pick out on that menu for a quick mission.

Can someone reccomend me some nice quick missions they have made so I can install into
my game? I would like to fly in your quick mission  8)

BT~Tarik

• Modder
« Reply #68 on: June 07, 2012, 02:21:17 PM »

I think there are already somme quick missions...cant tell for sure but I think I saw them in the list. But maybe they're buggy.  :-X

SAS~Bombsaway

• Choose your battles wisely.
  • SAS Team
  • A day without laughter is a day wasted
« Reply #69 on: June 07, 2012, 02:47:57 PM »

I couldnt get the WWI maps to work in QMB. The mission would save but when I go to QMB I click fly but nothing happens.
Do not go gentle into that good night,
Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

max_thehitman

• SAS~Area51
  • Modder
« Reply #70 on: June 07, 2012, 02:51:21 PM »

Yes, you are correct, there are Quick missions in those maps in the drop-down menu,
but the thing is they are for maps that don´t look like WW1 style landscapes.
If you see the list of maps in the DBW-1916 version of the game, you will notice there are about
8 maps dedicated to WW1.
Some have landscapes with "no man´s land" battlefields and lots of trenches and bomb craters all over the map. Which looks like WW1 territory.

If you say they are "buggy", is perhaps they need an extra add-on or mod that people have
forgotten to add to their game so they can fly that map or mission. Without that add-on, the game crashes.
Personally, I always like simple maps with simple stuff on them. Later, when I have the time, I can always add the extra new add-ons and new objects to my map the way I like them. Besides that,
I cannot over due it because I have an old computer and too much stuff and objects on a map will
slow down my good game flights. I must keep it simple until I buy a new pc in September.
In September prices will drop and I will buy a top of the line machine able to play 5 IL-2-1946 at the same time! LOL  :D

vpmedia

• Modder
  • www.vpmedia.hu/il2
    • VPMEDIA SKINS
« Reply #71 on: June 07, 2012, 02:53:14 PM »

Copy
 jsgmemods/#DBW_MissionPro Combo by PAL /#DBW_1916/00_PAL-MissionProCombo
to
 #DBW1916
it has Somme and Gallipoli quick missions.

Unfortunately it turns my briefing texts into blue and red so I dont use it.

The missions are in
...\Missions\QuickQMBPro\WWI_Somme\
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 ... 11   Go Up

Page created in 0.086 seconds with 27 queries.