Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 11   Go Down

Author Topic: DBW 1916 update  (Read 35914 times)

vpmedia

• Modder
  • www.vpmedia.hu/il2
    • VPMEDIA SKINS
DBW 1916 update
« on: May 30, 2012, 12:14:34 PM »

I'd like to extract the DBW 1916 ww1 aircraft and make them new default skins so if
anybody could help me with the correct names (for example '3do\Plane\xyz\summer\skin1o.tgb) or with the files itself I'd really appreciate it. I need these paths for the filelist.txt of the sfs extractor, otherwise I cannot extract them from the sfs file.

Cheers

DBW 1916 update pack link:
https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,26088.msg272162.html#msg272162

max_thehitman

• SAS~Area51
  • Modder
  • Beer...Girls...IL2+Mods!
Re: DBW 1916 aircraft default skins
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2012, 07:09:24 PM »

Hello VP,
as you have noticed I have just got back recently and I am ready again to start painting some cool
skins, so as to give back some pleasure and fun to the great folks who have made this IL-2 game something special for us all.
After installing the new UP3+DBW just 3 days ago, I am still slowly checking out all the new things in it, seeing the
new mods and tweaking my game to have all the best changes I would like to see for myself in this new version of the game.
I have taken a sneak peak at the WW1-1916 mod-version and I like very much what I have seen, but I am sure it can be better.
That is the reason we are all here and together we can all continue making this game the best.

I have also been thinking of changing some of the default skins on those WW1 planes and creating new templates and skins for
them, with a more realistic look to them. They look very nice as they are now, but I would also like to make them even lovelier...
...I want to see more eye-candy for the IL-2 game!

It is very interesting also that some of those "franken-planes" in the IL-2-1916 game look very much like some of the lesser known aircraft
that actually flew in the Great War. The similarities are amazing indeed, so I applaude the original creators of them, for doing something special
and very cool. I like those old airplanes.
Anyway, I am just beggining to get acquainted with this new UP3+DBW install (It is Amazing!) ,
But I am also ready to help out if you need me.
My paint brush is at your disposal, as is any aviation books you might need (about 8,000+).

Cheers
MAX

Everything I like is either illegal, immoral or fattening ! Welcome to SAS1946

vpmedia

• Modder
  • www.vpmedia.hu/il2
    • VPMEDIA SKINS
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2012, 11:22:10 PM »

I was checking out your stuff at m4t yesterday...youre like the only guy who did large amount of mod skins and even large amount ww1 skins + pilots. So I plan to use those skins in the upgrade.
Until I see the extracted defaults I'm unable to tell what we need for such skin upgrade projects, but your offer of help is greatly appreciated.

max_thehitman

• SAS~Area51
  • Modder
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2012, 09:48:23 AM »

Thanks VP, I am happy you are checking out my old skins and previous artsy stuff. Yeah, I have also done
a few skins in the past, mostly for IL-2 aircraft that hardly anyone paints, and also some new Mod-airplanes
as you have seen.
I strongly believe that all aircraft are special, even the ones in the game that hardly anyone flies, but when they do,
I want people to enjoy them even more, if they have a cool skin on them.
Personally, I paint them for myself and for my own game, but I would also like for people outhere to have the same pleasure
as I get when I fly in the IL2, so I like to share my skins with everyone.
You have probably noticed that some skins I have made are fictional, because the airplane it was made for is Fictional too, but
every skin was painted in the same colors as the original paints from that era and also in the same style (and camouflage-style)
of that particular era. Although some skins are  over-the-top-crazy paints I did just for fun and a "what-if" scenario, but still
keeping a realistic look to them as if they actually existed.
Sorry folks for turning down your requests in the past, but I will never do a "Pokemon Skin" for an Me-109 or a "Manga Skin" for
a P51 mustang, that is just too freaky for me  ;D LOL
I like to think "Let´s get a little bit crazy... but... let us also get on the realistic side too. Don´t over do it too much."
Anyway,
over the years I have researched into almost every single aircraft ever made, if you know my previous artsy aviation
images from ScreenshotArt and Screenshotworld over the past years, you have noticed I have done "almost" every type of
aircraft that flies. I really enjoy painting them.
As for painting skins, I have collect a large amount of period/era real color chips, parts and pieces from all over many airplanes
and they are at your disposal if you need them for your artsy skin-paints.
I am a fan of your artworks too VP, you got style. It will be my pleasure to help out ~ because over the years you have also helped me and many people to have more happiness in their lives. Your a cool artist !

Alright then,
I have never done such a thing as searching into the SFS files to extract original default-skins. It kind of scares me to do something wrong and then I have my cool game all messed up and I have to re-install everything all over again  :P 
This latest install took me almost 2 days to get it working with all the stuff I want in it, and I am still not completely finished.
But I have been searching for some cool tips on how to do it, here is what I found out from what CirX and I/JG27_Waggel have
written for us...
https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,13.0.html (very good info)
Pablo Benitomuso has made available the latest sfs-extrator for us here - https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,16581.0.html

vpmedia

• Modder
  • www.vpmedia.hu/il2
    • VPMEDIA SKINS
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2012, 10:42:07 AM »

Thanks VP, I am happy you are checking out my old skins and previous artsy stuff. Yeah, I have also done
a few skins in the past, mostly for IL-2 aircraft that hardly anyone paints, and also some new Mod-airplanes
as you have seen.
I strongly believe that all aircraft are special, even the ones in the game that hardly anyone flies, but when they do,
I want people to enjoy them even more, if they have a cool skin on them.
Personally, I paint them for myself and for my own game, but I would also like for people outhere to have the same pleasure
as I get when I fly in the IL2, so I like to share my skins with everyone.
You have probably noticed that some skins I have made are fictional, because the airplane it was made for is Fictional too, but
every skin was painted in the same colors as the original paints from that era and also in the same style (and camouflage-style)
of that particular era. Although some skins are  over-the-top-crazy paints I did just for fun and a "what-if" scenario, but still
keeping a realistic look to them as if they actually existed.
Sorry folks for turning down your requests in the past, but I will never do a "Pokemon Skin" for an Me-109 or a "Manga Skin" for
a P51 mustang, that is just too freaky for me  ;D LOL
I like to think "Let´s get a little bit crazy... but... let us also get on the realistic side too. Don´t over do it too much."
Anyway,
over the years I have researched into almost every single aircraft ever made, if you know my previous artsy aviation
images from ScreenshotArt and Screenshotworld over the past years, you have noticed I have done "almost" every type of
aircraft that flies. I really enjoy painting them.
As for painting skins, I have collect a large amount of period/era real color chips, parts and pieces from all over many airplanes
and they are at your disposal if you need them for your artsy skin-paints.
I am a fan of your artworks too VP, you got style. It will be my pleasure to help out ~ because over the years you have also helped me and many people to have more happiness in their lives. Your a cool artist !

Alright then,
I have never done such a thing as searching into the SFS files to extract original default-skins. It kind of scares me to do something wrong and then I have my cool game all messed up and I have to re-install everything all over again  :P 
This latest install took me almost 2 days to get it working with all the stuff I want in it, and I am still not completely finished.
But I have been searching for some cool tips on how to do it, here is what I found out from what CirX and I/JG27_Waggel have
written for us...
https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,13.0.html (very good info)
Pablo Benitomuso has made available the latest sfs-extrator for us here - https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,16581.0.html

Thanks mate! I was inspired by your post in the Screenshot section and yesterday I started to work a little bit on a DBW 1916 upgrade. Btw I also like your recolored images from here, http://maxhitman.deviantart.com/gallery/?offset=0 (they got quite good google ranking for searchterm 'ww1 color images')

DBW 1916 changes checklist:
- Fixed blurred airfields on Somme map
- New, default hi res high clouds layer added
- Desert trees by Ufflakee for Gallipoli map
- Fixed artillery impact sound bug and added new Mercedes engine sounds from this site
- Smoke and effects mod (HG&P modded)
- Cloudmod, fps friendly
- WW1 tanks texture update
- Ford Lender AA car new hi-res texture by Rofl
- Added horse artillery and horse carts by SAS Epervier
- Balloon repaints by Boomer
- GUI butons and background screens
- AI mod by Certified, which stops the AI crashing into the ground and makes them real agressive
- Tank dust from UP3 site, reduced version
- New impact crater graphics
- New muzzleflash
- HUD mod from AAA
- New fps friendly flak effects
- Default pilot skins (by Max the Hitman)
- Added mortar, dug-in and prone infantry by CY6
- Cockpit reskin for floatpanes and Fokkers, etc
- New default skins for 25 planetypes (by Max the hitman)

All whats left is to import some of your skins as new defaults, but I dont have a DBW 1916 compatible filelist.txt for the sfs extractor
and I still cant figure out the names, for example I tried Fokker-E as suggested, it didnt work. I also tried other variations, like FokkerEIII, Fokker-E(Multi1), FokkerE, Fokker-E(de), etc., without any luck .
I never had such problems because I got a filelist txt which covers the stock stuff and UP3 100%.

Cheers
Istvan

max_thehitman

• SAS~Area51
  • Modder
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2012, 10:53:40 AM »

AAAHAHA! You found my wacky Devianart page!  ;D Yeah, that´s just some artsy stuff I do to pass the
time and to push myself in doing other types of art.  It´s interesting to see when you type in Google images
Max-theHitman, you find all sorts of crap I have posted over the years :D  It´s like the CIA and Interpol are
watching me all the time  ::)
I am glad some folks like them tho.

I will try to help you out to the best of my abilities in finding these things for you.
I will be right back!

MURD0C

« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2012, 08:26:10 AM »

RedSpade

• Thankful to all modders
« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2012, 08:53:55 AM »

I like the new screens you came up with.  Get 'er done!

vpmedia

• Modder
  • www.vpmedia.hu/il2
    • VPMEDIA SKINS
« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2012, 11:49:53 AM »

Should have just uploaded them earlier  ::)

here are the WWI Planes Skin1 folders and files  :)
https://www.mediafire.com/download.php?vjnlzqt7yon5jiy

Thanks mate, this really helped!
Its con-f******-fusing, for example now I understand that Rumpler CIII is internally U_SYP1 but uses Pioneer1(g) as a skin folder :D

vpmedia

• Modder
  • www.vpmedia.hu/il2
    • VPMEDIA SKINS
« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2012, 11:50:37 AM »

skins of tanks
[]http://forum.aviaskins.com/picture.php?albumid=32&pictureid=907[/]
http://forum.aviaskins.com/showthread.php?t=2646

Thanks this is better that what I had before.

MURD0C

« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2012, 12:39:16 PM »

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 11   Go Up

Page created in 0.045 seconds with 22 queries.