Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 17   Go Down

Author Topic: CR-32  (Read 104192 times)

Frankiek

• SAS Team
Re: CR-32
« Reply #48 on: October 26, 2009, 12:18:11 AM »

Being this a frankenplane (composed with pieces of different planes) there are problem with the making of skins. I don't have a template but only three version of the same skin that works (more or less) correctly and I used the best one I had as the default skin. 

Alban

« Reply #49 on: October 26, 2009, 10:30:58 AM »

Sad news indeed i was wanting to use it as a standin for a Ki-10 fighter in a China camapign it's fairly close in performance and looks. But the camo schemes are different all white or sand and brown disruption type as opposed to the mottled scheme. Perhaps the Japanese can adopt a simmilar scheme for the occasion.
Thanks anyway for the trouble

All the best
Alban

Frankiek

• SAS Team
« Reply #50 on: October 27, 2009, 01:09:43 AM »

I think that if you take the current default skin ( I am attaching the bmp format) work on it with Photoshop or Gimp, to make it a void skin so you have the desired base to work with. Just remember also to modify the additional skins for the wheel fairings so that they match the new skin. I am not a Skinner so other members may give some additional hint. 

[attachment deleted by admin]

Alban

« Reply #51 on: October 27, 2009, 09:59:10 PM »

I think that if you take the current default skin ( I am attaching the bmp format) work on it with Photoshop or Gimp, to make it a void skin so you have the desired base to work with. Just remember also to modify the additional skins for the wheel fairings so that they match the new skin. I am not a Skinner so other members may give some additional hint.

Thanks dude I was going to compress the skin from the mod in PSP but this saves me the bother. Nice thought.and apreciated. Maybe the revese process might come into play, taking the markings out by mottling them over and making do with IJA adopting mottling for the present.

Thanks for the trouble taken apreciated
Alban

Frankiek

• SAS Team
« Reply #52 on: October 28, 2009, 01:00:16 AM »

Well if you produce a void skin you could post it in our skin section so that others may be encouraged to work on it and increase the availability of skins for this plane.

Alban

« Reply #53 on: October 28, 2009, 03:23:00 PM »

Hi, I did produce two or three skins but they are of poor quality. Fine for AI enemy planes which is what  I was looking for (Stand-in's for Japanese KI-10's in fact). I'll give them a little work over the next few days and see if I can get a workable Void to post. It is a Franken plane so the picked up areas of the skin are a bit odd particularly in the bottom lower wing, which might make producing a good one difficult. Also I am spending far too much time installing mods and skinning and not enough playing the game. (That's down to the deluge of mods coming from you guys. Oooh! a 4 cannon Seafire I like that..., a map of the kokoda trail, I'll pop that in etc. With the end result I get a couple of fight on the QMB as a daily ration instead of playing and designing a campaign). Still I'll see what I can do, if i get it to work then a few Spanish civil war skins might be in order and some for WW2.

Cheers
Alban   

PS give my Spitfire post a visit up in the lounge, many great idas for a mod there.

Frankiek

• SAS Team
« Reply #54 on: October 29, 2009, 01:56:48 AM »

Well in fact it would be nice to have one skin for the northern African scenario and maybe one for the Eastern Africa 40-41 were the CR-32 played a role

Alban

« Reply #55 on: October 29, 2009, 12:57:18 PM »

Well in fact it would be nice to have one skin for the northern African scenario and maybe one for the Eastern Africa 40-41 were the CR-32 played a role
Hi, PM me or put a pic up with those things and I'll see what I can do. I have a basic template of sorts working for the Cr-36. The Quality is not good because of the nature of the Mod being as it is a Franken plane. The graphics are all over the place but they are OK for enemy AI planes or for a player at a pinch. I'll pop up the results in a day or so with the template or PM you with the results if you put it some images for me to work with. Risking my reputation as a skinner as it will be.

All the best
Alban

Frankiek

• SAS Team
« Reply #56 on: October 30, 2009, 12:45:58 AM »

Thanks Alban later today I will post here a few profiles that you can use as a source. I think that everybody is aware of the difficulty of skinning franken so don't bother too much. If it works fine if not then we will live with what we have. 

Alban

« Reply #57 on: October 30, 2009, 08:07:18 AM »

Thanks Alban later today I will post here a few profiles that you can use as a source. I think that everybody is aware of the difficulty of skinning franken so don't bother too much. If it works fine if not then we will live with what we have.
Hi, no worries have got a few things in the way I told you about in the PM I sent. (Hope you received it.) But with a following wind I should be able to get you something in the next few days. Actually have a few skins but most are pre-the-template I got working. Not bad for rush jobs but mostly Japanese for using the chiri as a Ki 10. I gave you my E-mail in the PM send me one and I could get you a couple of skins nowish. Or wait a few days and I will post the stuff in the skins section.

Cheers
Alban

Frankiek

• SAS Team
« Reply #58 on: November 17, 2009, 01:09:51 AM »

I have updated the download link and actually added a few goodies (telescopic sigth and new skins from Alban) as you can see from the picture. The new version consider also the presence of the CR-32 in Ultrapack so if you want you can keep both.  Please go carefully through the read-me before installing and enjoy.   

Uzin

• Modder
  • On lifetime holidays
« Reply #59 on: November 18, 2009, 05:17:27 AM »

Weird skin again:
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 17   Go Up

Page created in 0.067 seconds with 26 queries.