Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Map in 200% Size  (Read 8509 times)

agracier

• Modder
    • The Great War in a Different Light
Re: Map in 200% Size
« Reply #24 on: May 22, 2010, 12:45:24 PM »

Thanks for answer, so that map will represnt Cataluña. I've asked this question because I live in the other side of the border, in Toulouse precisely.

Well, a bit unfortunately I suppose, Toulouse won't be on this map as it's really a ways too far to the north. It won't even have Perpignan, just Andorra and places like Salses (with it's beautiful fort) and the French region that is called French Catalonia I believe. Even the villages and houses look more Spanish than French ...

Anyway, here is a preliminary FMB map to show the area. This is a map I'm really excited about because the landscape looks so much better than in usual 1/1 maps ... It will probably take some time to get it properly finished though. Everything, bar populating with objects should be finished in a week or so. But then comes the last 10% of the job that will take 90% of the time to get done ... placing objects and making cities and such.

To be realistic about finishing the map, I'd figure sometime in late autumn probably and even then I'm hoping to get someone aboard to help out with, for instance, making Barcelona or Tarragona ...

France, especially southern France, is still one of those regions that really should be done for Il-2. But it's densely populated in both senses of the word, and I've already so much on my plate that I don't dare take it on.

farang65

• never two weeks two decades
  • SAS Team
  • Fortress Formosa
« Reply #25 on: July 15, 2010, 06:05:22 AM »

Hi agracier I downloaded your 200 scale map.

WOW  ??? What a difference it makes.

It's a pity though in regards to the longer flying times.

At first had probs loading up the download from the second link.

I noticed ed_m01 was missing in the map folder.

I just scaled the ed_m02.tga up by two saved as ed_m01.tga and everything is sweet  8)

Awesome mountains!!

agracier

• Modder
    • The Great War in a Different Light
« Reply #26 on: July 15, 2010, 12:58:58 PM »

Hi agracier I downloaded your 200 scale map.
WOW  ??? What a difference it makes.
Awesome mountains!!

I think one of the first maps I ever made was one of the Pyrenees and it looked simply awful ... ha ha. The mountains were totally malformed for some reason, like a whipped cream layer on a cake or something. But in 200% they do look presentable.

I think I still need some work done on the mountains themselves, but so far I believe that every texture slot is in use ... maybe I´ll use a cultivated field texture or two less and assign them to mountain textures ...
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up

Page created in 0.069 seconds with 25 queries.