Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 123 124 125 [126] 127 128 129 ... 139   Go Down

Author Topic: Community Universal Patch C.U.P.  (Read 493611 times)

creature

Re: Community Universal Patch C.U.P.
« Reply #1500 on: June 25, 2015, 02:01:24 PM »

No I saved it to my desktop... after playing a quick mission and making sure the game worked I then deleted it 

Ok, it seems you are correct that you did not have to re-install parts 1-08.  I had the wrong understanding of where IL2 WAW was looking for the aircraft information. I thought is was only the #WAW folder, that's why I couldn't figure out how it could be done without parts 01-08 when pertaining to "just" the #WAW folder.

Learning has occurred :)))))

However, if you were going to install CUP for the first time, you would still need to install WAW parts 01-08.

A little bit clearer than mud now:)

C
"Can you put that in Captain dummy Talk"  Capt Malcom Reynolds // no sim pilots=no one to fly modded planes//no modders =no modded planes to fly

KevinHoggard

• Missioneer
« Reply #1501 on: June 25, 2015, 02:09:05 PM »

No I saved it to my desktop... after playing a quick mission and making sure the game worked I then deleted it 

Ok, it seems you are correct that you did not have to re-install parts 1-08.  I had the wrong understanding of where IL2 WAW was looking for the aircraft information. I thought is was only the #WAW folder, that's why I couldn't figure out how it could be done without parts 01-08 when pertaining to "just" the #WAW folder.

However, if you were going to install CUP for the first time, you would still need to install WAW parts 01-08.

C

Whew, thanks. I'm not really good with computer stuff glad I finally did something correct.
4th Generation Intel

creature

« Reply #1502 on: June 25, 2015, 02:13:35 PM »

Have been looking for a torrent link for the cup download

Jimi:

I believe the torrent link is here.  3/4 of the way down the page under "CUP Expansions and Addons"

https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,45222.0.html
"Can you put that in Captain dummy Talk"  Capt Malcom Reynolds // no sim pilots=no one to fly modded planes//no modders =no modded planes to fly

Griffon_301

• SAS Team
« Reply #1503 on: June 25, 2015, 02:21:00 PM »

ehm, as Kevin has posted!
just rem out your old #WAW folder and keep that one for backup purposes and use the new #WAW folder as a starting point!
easily doable, easily retrievable and easily usable as a restore point;
you could even modify the selector to have a stock WAW module and a modded WAW module running side by side, provided you rename the modded WAW folder and make it its own selectable entry in the selector;
alternatively, just rem out whichever WAW folder you want to deactivate and use the other one instead...
easy as selling fridges in the Antarctic :D

creature

« Reply #1504 on: June 25, 2015, 02:22:39 PM »

easy as selling fridges in the Antarctic :D

LOL

btasm

« Reply #1505 on: June 26, 2015, 05:31:37 AM »

C

C:

Now, I'm confused. I've had no trouble installing or updating #WAW through part 11, but your last sentence throws me off and I'd like to clarify this in the event I ever have to install CUP from scratch.

The instructions to install the additional parts of #WAW (9-11) clearly state, as noted above, that your existing #WAW folder should be disabled by placing a minus sign in front of it. You are also instructed, after installing the new part(s) to delete the old #WAW folder (which has the minus sign in front). So, aren't you thereby deleting all of the accumulated parts of #WAW (1-8) that had been installed, meaning that the updates are cumulative and do includ parts 1-8? Or am I missing something obvious here? Which, of course, is entirely possible.

Thanks.

Gatrasz

• Supporter
  • Dead but dreaming...
« Reply #1506 on: June 26, 2015, 06:40:34 AM »

So, aren't you thereby deleting all of the accumulated parts of #WAW (1-8) that had been installed, meaning that the updates are cumulative and do includ parts 1-8? Or am I missing something obvious here? Which, of course, is entirely possible.

The 'new' #WAW folder is just what this folder should look like at this stage, like an updated backup, to make sure anything wrong that could happen with classfiles before is now OK. By the way, most of previous #WAW updates was about .sfs files in SFS_WAW folder.

decipher

• Missioneer
« Reply #1507 on: June 26, 2015, 06:50:59 AM »

gatrasz has it right.

the #waw folder itself is only the "front-end" of the actual WAW pack. the big data (all the huge GB that burn up the space on your HDD or SSD :) ) are in the SFS_WAW folder. in those SFS files are all the airplanes, 3d mods etc.
all the content of waw is in there and in the actual #WAW folder you have just access to the most important things that might need editing, or changing on the fly.
its like... an easy access panel to change some options and things that are hard-coded into the SFS files and add optional things into waw.

hrc555

« Reply #1508 on: June 26, 2015, 05:00:22 PM »

I' ve reinstalled the entire CUP the way Creature advised me: I renamed old #WAW to -#WAW and then extracted WAW parts 1-11 to main directory and overwrote when asked. Then I loaded the stock Soviet P-39 campaign that I flew by doing a few missions. Planes now have nice exhaust flames and everything looks ok, except there are few Soviet fighters on the home airfield that are half way sunken in the ground. I can't tell if they were sunken before or not...

Anyway, I believe I couldn't go wrong by installing entire CUP again.

creature

« Reply #1509 on: June 26, 2015, 05:10:30 PM »

Anyway, I believe I couldn't go wrong by installing entire CUP again.

:)  I believe that's the idea Monty had in mind

C:

Now, I'm confused.

btasm:

I'm sorry if I confused you!!  I hope Gatrasz and decipher have explained it better than I could.  If you are still confuse let me know.  I was definitely of the same opinion you were.  I figured it out but I didn't explain it clearly enough.

C

Sharkzz

« Reply #1510 on: June 27, 2015, 05:28:36 PM »

~S~ This is such an amazing piece/s of work, done by so many talented folk... big big thank you. !.. I am having a good read to make sure I don't stuff things up before I install this.... as I am already head-spinningly confused where to start. I am glad I have a couple of CLEAN virginal 4.12.2m's at hand, One question, if may be so forward, As HSFX has an auto updater, is there or are there any ways/plans to implement the same thing ? for those of us that would have an unadulterated/clean - CUP install ?..as I know there can be many varied bits and stuff peeps will have added to their game in addition with their CUP. I would LOVE and auto installer of CUP, (pointable to where you have your game/s folder of course) with updater which would place itself into/onto a clean 4.12.2m . though I know we now have 4.13, I reckon that 4.12.2  will be standard for a while till some bugs are sorted .
thanks again 8)
~S~
Sharkzz
New Right Arm Amputee, One armed flyer and Longboard surfer, I now swim and paddle in circles .

ghost029

« Reply #1511 on: June 27, 2015, 07:06:02 PM »

Thank you for the outstanding work.
Pages: 1 ... 123 124 125 [126] 127 128 129 ... 139   Go Up

Page created in 0.064 seconds with 28 queries.