Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Some (Hopefully Simple) Ideas  (Read 3199 times)

stellarmagic

Some (Hopefully Simple) Ideas
« on: October 27, 2012, 03:34:27 PM »

If I had time and the tools I'd probably try to do some of these myself but with a number of things piling up on my plate I figured that posting them here would be a better use of my time.

I noticed that the Russian Bunkers seem to have more than one functional gun in the game (each of the 76mm guns work in the anti-tank bunker as do the three separate maxims in the machine gun pillbox) and wondered if these could be used as templates for a number of other ideas.

1. Entrenched infantry squads (basically a single slit trench with multiple soldiers in it, perhaps with multiple guns working that would shoot at attacking aircraft for example).

2. A variant of many normal tanks that uses secondary or tertiary weapons instead of the primary weapons. A Panzer III that fires it's coax or a Tiger I that uses an anti-aircraft machine gun mounted on the commander's cupola would be rather useful in a flight simulator, wouldn't it?

3. Coastal Defense Guns! Why we don't have any?  I don't know but come on... just taking a turret off a Type 7 Destroyer and putting some earth around it would give us something to use.

4. AAA Batteries as single units... just for ease of use would be a great improvement.  You just drop a unit that has 5 88mm flak guns in a rough arrangement dug into the ground or so forth as an artillery piece and go instead of placing 5 of them individually.

Spitpest

Re: Some (Hopefully Simple) Ideas
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2012, 06:11:05 PM »

4) available already in DBW
3)  "come on" "why dont we have any"
title = "simple"

The tools are available. If things are simple, then come on, why dont you do it.
But hold on, some of your ideas are already available.

so: Good Job for your quick work!
need neither time nor tools.

Just a grip.

kaxII

• Modder
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2012, 02:33:52 AM »

4) available already in DBW
3)  "come on" "why dont we have any"
title = "simple"

The tools are available. If things are simple, then come on, why dont you do it.
But hold on, some of your ideas are already available.

so: Good Job for your quick work!
need neither time nor tools.

Just a grip.

Well not all of them are there, and someone of them are not that 'simple' to make especiallt the infantry in the trench. But there are coastel gun batteries, all you have to do is get the armoured bunkers and place a 88mm in it. I would also like to say to put a less demanding tone in your request as others might find it offensive and refrain from the word simple as you will get the 'make it yourself' posts...

Epervier

• 4.09 Guardian Angel !
  • SAS Team
  • I'm French and Rebel_409! Nobody is perfect!
    • Some tinkering here
If your results do not live up to your expectations, tell yourself that the great oak was once an acorn too. - Lao Zi -

kaxII

• Modder
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2012, 03:16:45 AM »

There is also a mod where 1 arty stands for a whole batter, E.G it fire 6 times the rate it normally does to save FPS.

Epervier

• 4.09 Guardian Angel !
  • SAS Team
    • Some tinkering here
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2012, 03:55:14 AM »

There is also a mod where 1 arty stands for a whole batter, E.G it fire 6 times the rate it normally does to save FPS.
This ?
https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,13517.0.html
If your results do not live up to your expectations, tell yourself that the great oak was once an acorn too. - Lao Zi -

kaxII

• Modder
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2012, 04:05:18 AM »

Yep thats it!

asheshouse

• SAS Team
« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2012, 04:22:16 AM »

I noticed that the Russian Bunkers seem to have more than one functional gun in the game (each of the 76mm guns work in the anti-tank bunker as do the three separate maxims in the machine gun pillbox) and wondered if these could be used as templates for a number of other ideas.

You are mistaken. The second gun in each of these is a visual model only - but I guess you did not have the time to check this in a mission before posting?

As has been mentioned already, TD have advised that Armour with multiple guns will be introduced in v4.12. This is likely to make it possible to create multiple gun pill boxes as well. Ar present the pill boxes are modelled as static armour and use the same java code.

Epervier

• 4.09 Guardian Angel !
  • SAS Team
    • Some tinkering here
« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2012, 04:56:18 AM »

You can add these mods and they will indeed clear the problem ...
https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,9154.0.html

stellarmagic

« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2012, 05:18:44 PM »

So in 4.12 we will see the appearance of multi-turreted vehicles? Awesome... maybe they'll give us T-26 mod. 1931 with the twin machine gun turrets or something.

I could have sworn the three machine guns on the pillbox worked... I distinctly remember seeing green tracers going three directions from one of those emplacements at one point... Maybe I'm mistaken or something.

max_thehitman

• SAS~Area51
  • Modder
  • Beer...Girls...IL2+Mods!
« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2012, 12:39:06 PM »

I want something simple too!
What I really want is a German girl named Helga. A nice blond haired, top-model height, looks
like Nicole Kidman in the face with the bottom part of Lara Croft, wears the latest lingerie fashion and likes to clean the house in high-heels and a mini-skirt.
Extra request goodness, she may also be able to cook food I like.
Like Hotdogs with saeurkraut.
I would be a very happy man!
Thank you, I will be waiting 2 weeks!  ;D

Everything I like is either illegal, immoral or fattening ! Welcome to SAS1946

Spitpest

« Reply #11 on: November 01, 2012, 10:39:48 AM »

women. are. not. simple.

believe me. >:(
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Page created in 0.077 seconds with 24 queries.