Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 13   Go Down

Author Topic: DBW - The Ace of Spades - Special Edition  (Read 44761 times)

Spinnetti

Re: DBW - JG53 - The Ace of Spades
« Reply #24 on: July 20, 2012, 05:14:10 AM »

Hi, looks great - can this be used with HSFX, and if so, does it require the mod packs?

Thanks!

SAS~Monty27

• SAS Team
  • Action and Adventure!
    • SPEEDMACHINE
« Reply #25 on: July 20, 2012, 07:18:04 AM »

Hi, looks great - can this be used with HSFX, and if so, does it require the mod packs?

Thanks!
Hi Spinetti

Its made for DBW 1.71 and the JSGME packs are required for the additional content.  If you want to check out the content of packs its all in winds's thread:

https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,19921.0.html

I can't otherwise comment on HSFX - since I just do not know!

Simon(Monty27)

Sonny Tucson

« Reply #26 on: July 20, 2012, 10:52:08 AM »

Hi Monty

Many thanks for this superb campaign.I fly the single missions before going to the campaign. It seems to me it is a good training. ( One hour or a little less formation flying is very good for the nerves - I do not like the A key ! )

I have just one question.

What can happen if we install the three packs and activate them through JSGME while some of the mods inside these packs  had already been installed in #DBW before installing your Aces of Spade ?

May this cause stutters , freezing etc...

I am running DBW171.

Thanks a lot.

Sonny Tucson :)

SAS~Monty27

• SAS Team
  • Action and Adventure!
    • SPEEDMACHINE
« Reply #27 on: July 20, 2012, 08:18:57 PM »

Hi Monty

Many thanks for this superb campaign.I fly the single missions before going to the campaign. It seems to me it is a good training. ( One hour or a little less formation flying is very good for the nerves - I do not like the A key ! )

I have just one question.

What can happen if we install the three packs and activate them through JSGME while some of the mods inside these packs  had already been installed in #DBW before installing your Aces of Spade ?

May this cause stutters , freezing etc...

I am running DBW171.

Thanks a lot.

Yes mate.  The advantage of using the JSGME packs is that they are reversible, although once in there why not keep them?  Best to start with a CLEAN #DBW folder, which is around 23mb to start with.

Spinnetti

« Reply #28 on: July 21, 2012, 07:36:46 AM »

Thanks!
Hi Spinetti

Its made for DBW 1.71 and the JSGME packs are required for the additional content.  If you want to check out the content of packs its all in winds's thread:

https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,19921.0.html

I can't otherwise comment on HSFX - since I just do not know!

Simon(Monty27)

Ok, thanks... I'll give it a try and see what happens...

Sonny Tucson

« Reply #29 on: July 26, 2012, 05:19:03 AM »

Hello Simon
I am busy, happily flying the campaign , but something weird happened. In two missions with the 109E-1 ,as soon as the mission starts , I find myself in my half destroyed aircraft just above the airfield , while another 109 is crashing in flames. I just have time to bail out .I think it must be the result of a mid air collision. In the other one I am flying with a dead engine , bend props and I have to belly land , while my staffel mate crashes.
Are thes missions not supposed to start on the ground ; am I not supposed to be at the control waiting for my number 7 to take off ?
This happens in Mission 06 and 07 I think ( taking off from St.Omer )

Could you please help ?
Thanks in advance.

I am under DBW171 with JSGME Pack added.

SAS~Monty27

• SAS Team
  • Action and Adventure!
    • SPEEDMACHINE
« Reply #30 on: July 28, 2012, 05:34:20 AM »

Hello Simon
I am busy, happily flying the campaign , but something weird happened. In two missions with the 109E-1 ,as soon as the mission starts , I find myself in my half destroyed aircraft just above the airfield , while another 109 is crashing in flames. I just have time to bail out .I think it must be the result of a mid air collision. In the other one I am flying with a dead engine , bend props and I have to belly land , while my staffel mate crashes.
Are thes missions not supposed to start on the ground ; am I not supposed to be at the control waiting for my number 7 to take off ?
This happens in Mission 06 and 07 I think ( taking off from St.Omer )

Could you please help ?
Thanks in advance.

I am under DBW171 with JSGME Pack added.

Hi Sonny

Can't replicate this fault yet.  Have you also tried them from the Single Missions folder?

Simon

Sonny Tucson

« Reply #31 on: July 30, 2012, 10:44:25 AM »

Hi Simon

Sorry to be late , but didn't see your post ... Sorry for that .

Well I learned the hard way ( maybe the best) .
Did a new vanilla install of DBW171 and installed your campaign. Everything is O.K. now.
I suppose that I let some conflicting mods active in my former install.

Thanks a lot for your beautiful work and support .

I am now flying the Aces of Spade campaign and the Desert Air Force .Wonderful.

Sonny Tucson  :)

P.S. I'd like very much to add Cyberola's Kursk repaint . This I could do by adding it in the GME folder , I think I am just clever enough to manage that ! .
      I'd like also very very very much add Claymore's Fw 190 Superpack and Tiger 33 sounds.
Could you please tell me wether you are going to implement these in a future pack .
If not , can you tell me how I could do it by myself ?

Thanks a lot .
You're my Hero with all  other modders !.

Sonny. ;D

pierre1946

« Reply #32 on: July 31, 2012, 03:07:12 AM »

Outstanding!

Downloads and installs like a charm in my heavily modified DBW1.71. Everything works......

Only one  hickup: I assigned keys for the radiobeacons but, alas, no music....

Thank you for an exceptional job....

Pierre1946

SAS~Monty27

• SAS Team
  • Action and Adventure!
    • SPEEDMACHINE
« Reply #33 on: August 01, 2012, 05:06:51 PM »

Outstanding!

Downloads and installs like a charm in my heavily modified DBW1.71. Everything works......

Only one  hickup: I assigned keys for the radiobeacons but, alas, no music....

Thank you for an exceptional job....

Pierre1946

Hey Pierre

When you start the campaign you have to select 'Realistic Navigation'.  Later, in mission, page through your beacon keys and you should be able to tune into local radio stations when you are within range.  Out of range you get static and interference, then the tunes kick in as you approach a town.  Its quite a spooky effect at times.  Also easy to test through any of my single missions too, just check 'Realistic Navigation' first through QMB then go back to the Single Mission menu and try one of mine.

One other issue, despite having Beacon Keys assigned, I found that certain classfiles can knock out the Beacon Function.  One of Claymore's FW190 classfiles does this.  It doesn't hurt to just take out the offending classfile and all is well, the exact file is identified somewhere on his thread, around page 56 I think, it doesn't spoil anything else.

If you did everything right and the first or second suggestions don't work, then other Beacon Killing Classfiles may be lurking in your install.

Simon(Monty27)

Ass Eagle

« Reply #34 on: August 01, 2012, 06:59:38 PM »

Brilliant, just brilliant!!

But they RAF in BoB/N.Africa should be flying in Vic formation, NOT finger four.

pierre1946

« Reply #35 on: August 08, 2012, 05:02:07 AM »

Lagging and stuttering halfway a mission, for instance mission #5 Arras?

Switch off your standalone JSGME-mod Westfront-map (if you have that one in your ModEnabler) because this one conflicts obviously with the Westfront-map in the #DBW_MODS_map package.

Everything cool now.
60 FPS throughout the missions.
Intel i7 3960X, 2x Geforce GTX 580 SLI, 32Gb RAM. Selector at 1024.

Outstanding campaign!
Thank you, Monty!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 13   Go Up

Page created in 0.074 seconds with 28 queries.