Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 57 [58] 59 60 61 ... 222   Go Down

Author Topic: DBW 1916 update v4 (UPDATED! 29.03.2019)  (Read 441211 times)

WWHappy

• Wing Walkers [Virtual] Combat Squadron
Re: DBW 1916 update v2 (UPDATED! 10.10)
« Reply #684 on: October 27, 2012, 12:32:15 PM »

I don't know if anyone has noticed, but this topic has over 31 thousand views! :o So VP when are you going to let loose of that new DR I I see you've been flying around eh?  ;D

People will respond when they get good things. This 1916 mod is the best thing to happen to this Sim :) sense they released IL2 Sturmovik 1946

Batbomb

• Modder
« Reply #685 on: October 27, 2012, 12:49:16 PM »

I don't know if anyone has noticed, but this topic has over 31 thousand views! :o So VP when are you going to let loose of that new DR I I see you've been flying around eh?  ;D

Seems to miss a cockpit. This can last a bit.

max_thehitman

• SAS~Area51
  • Modder
  • Beer...Girls...IL2+Mods!
« Reply #686 on: October 27, 2012, 02:22:56 PM »

Friends,
please stop requesting for more airplanes, while we already have so many to enjoy at this moment.

I have already said along time ago, the Fokker Dr.1 is still being worked on. It is not finished yet and
cannot fly properly. Somethings are still missing, and I am sure you would not want to have an airplane
that does not fly good in your game? Correct?

So, until the Master-Mod-Artists finish their work without stress from everybody always asking for more
airplanes, we must enjoy what they have already created for us. These things take along time to be created. It is NOT easy.
They already created some excellent machines for us all to enjoy. Let us leave the guys in peace to work on the airplanes,
they are doing a great job. 

If your going to say to me, "Yeah, Max ol´chap, they are good but some look like `Frankenplanes´ they look very weird."
I will say to you honestly as a friend, that these so-called Frankeplanes look very much like the real aircraft that actually flew
 in World War 1 in combat. Honestly they do!

How many airplane types do most people actually notice in history books or photos about WW1?

I am sure many people just remember the most famous ones, like Fokker Dr.1, the Albatros D-series, the Sopwith Camel,
The Spad and probably a few 8 other airplanes.
But in reality there was something like 1000+ diferent airplane types flying in combat in WW1.
Some of them are soooooo incredibly crazy looking aircraft that they make our IL-2+Mods `frankenplanes´ look very cool!
I have thousands of books about airplanes and about WW1+WW2 and about 600+ of those books are just about WW1 aircraft
with many photographs and information.
If you would like, I can take a few scans of those photos and post them here for you to compare them to our lovely "Frankenplanes".
You will see that our planes are very sexy compared to the real airplanes. :) Which means, we got some very great mods flying in
the IL-2 right now, so lets stop calling them Frankenplanes. They are Sexy machines!  8)

You may be correct if you also say that some of these airplanes fly very strange, but you have to remember that these aircraft
were from 1915-1918.
These Great War aircraft were flying into combat just about 11 years after the Wright Brothers first put an airplane flying in
 the skies!  ???
 It was a great time to experiment alot of new things in airplanes. New inventions in airplane design, wing configurations,
new engines, etc. etc..
Many of the real airplanes actually never flew properly either, they actually sucked big time. Many of them had wings falling off,
 engines malfuctioning all the time, castor oil leaking all over the place. radiators that blew up and burned the pilots face, so
many crazy things that could go wrong... really went wrong! Even the most famous airplanes sucked big time. Many pilots died
 because of their problems in flight. But also remember, that these were the most advanced aircraft on Earth at the time. It was
like the P-51 Mustang or the Messerschmitt-262 was to World War 2 at that time.
So what many of you call IL-2-Frankenplanes, actually they behave in this same realistic manner as the real airplanes from that
time period.

It is as if you are a test-pilot and a fighter-pilot at the same time, and you are flying into combat an aircraft that anything bad
could happen at any second. It is a very fragile airplane, just like the real machines.
I often have my lower wing snap right off my Albatros D.III after I make a quick maneuver during combat.
In the real airplane this also happened many times. The Albatros was actually very prone to having its lower wing snap-right-off
the airplane and break in the same situation. So I honestly  believe and support always the way our Mod-Artists have created
these airplanes for our game.
Because these airplanes are behaving very much like the real machines from WW1.

Anyway,
let us stop asking for more new airplanes and complaining that these are "Frankenplanes"...   
...As the old proverb says,
"Good things will come to those who wait".
One day soon the Fokker DR.1 and many many other cool airplanes will be finished and ready for you to
enjoy.
Everything I like is either illegal, immoral or fattening ! Welcome to SAS1946

agracier

• Modder
    • The Great War in a Different Light
« Reply #687 on: October 27, 2012, 02:49:19 PM »

Friends,
please stop requesting for more airplanes, while we already have so many to enjoy at this moment.

There are more newly made planes here that you can download and install for free than there are in many commercially produced games on Great War aviation that you have to pay for. I've been consistently disappointed by all those new commercial games and have always come back to IL-2 and mod variants after a short very very while.

Believe me. You've never had it so good as here.

Ectoflyer

« Reply #688 on: October 27, 2012, 02:50:24 PM »

http://img.thesun.co.uk/multimedia/archive/00983/nkensteing_180x250_983930a.jpg
There is someone out there who doesn't like frankenplanes? really?
I can't believe... :D

Blindowl

« Reply #689 on: October 27, 2012, 08:46:27 PM »

It must have been some undertaking to create those mammoth sized bombers....it looks to me there's more wood in one those planes than in my whole house!  You couldn't pay me enough to test fly some of those ideas they had....LOL

benitomuso

• SAS Team
  • P.A.L.
« Reply #690 on: October 27, 2012, 10:04:32 PM »

The cartoons were not so weird. Designers in those years really imagined very very strange things.

vpmedia

• Modder
  • www.vpmedia.hu/il2
    • VPMEDIA SKINS
« Reply #691 on: October 28, 2012, 07:09:57 AM »

New D.V style skins from the new template:

Thanks Max!

David Prosser

« Reply #692 on: October 28, 2012, 09:39:18 AM »

Hi, alotef. I wasn't sure it was posible to get the 'blip' sound in IL2. Would it work for the other rotaries too? It would be neccesary to rename the files wouldn't it?

cheers

David Prosser

buchtik

« Reply #693 on: October 28, 2012, 01:14:56 PM »

Amazing! It looks like a brand new game! I'm really looking forward to future WWI planes.
Btw would it be possible to make the smoke/fire effects work in DBW 1.71 also, I like them a lot.

max_thehitman

• SAS~Area51
  • Modder
  • Beer...Girls...IL2+Mods!
« Reply #694 on: October 28, 2012, 01:46:04 PM »

Amazing! It looks like a brand new game! I'm really looking forward to future WWI planes.
Btw would it be possible to make the smoke/fire effects work in DBW 1.71 also, I like them a lot.

GreaT!  8) Another satisfied and very happy IL-2-FAN !!

Now I can breath again and start working for world peace and prosperity...
world domination ....  and a Galactic Empire!
(Louis Armstrong singing) "... What a Wonderful World, Ooooh Yeah !"   ;D

BTW - Smoke and effects are in seperated packages. You must go and look at that section in
this forum for special-effects and stuff related to that. Everything in here has its own special
section so its always easier to find the sounds we want, or the visual special-effects, maps,
etc. etc.
Oh... and be careful.... with that smoke and fire effects in the WW1  1916 era.
All airplanes are made of wood and canvas cloth.  :D

Everything I like is either illegal, immoral or fattening ! Welcome to SAS1946

alotef

• Modder
« Reply #695 on: October 28, 2012, 09:06:10 PM »

I think you guys will find this funny.  ;D
This abomination came from my sound testing earlier today.
(You can hear the new startup sound as well, the rest is just garbage.)

~Mike
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 57 [58] 59 60 61 ... 222   Go Up

Page created in 0.078 seconds with 26 queries.