Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 204 205 206 [207] 208 209 210 ... 222   Go Down

Author Topic: DBW 1916 update v4 (UPDATED! 29.03.2019)  (Read 441226 times)

Danziger

Re: DBW 1916 update v3.4 (UPDATED! 03.08.2014)
« Reply #2472 on: December 07, 2014, 09:34:29 AM »

Oh I know what you mean now. It isn't like that with mine. I just kept the default fonts for FMB. There is already a folder for the fonts in Il-2/DBW1916/HUD/Font. I brought my folder from my TFM412 install with the notepad files for editing each of the fonts. The arial10, arialb10 and arialb12 are the ones I edit. The arial8 and arialb8 are the ones in FMB and I leave those alone.

http://s28.postimg.cc/yb7t3zb5p/image.jpg

Go to dafont.com and download whatever font tickles your fancy (as long as it is True Type Font format .ttf) and put the file into your font folder. You can keep your fonts listed in each file and activate or deactivate them by placing // in front of the font name. Sometimes fonts have stupid names that the game doesn't want to read so in that case I just rename it simple ABC or something. Here is what the file should look like in notepad.

http://s11.postimg.cc/cihkv8oyb/image.jpg

In the [CharSize] section you can choose what size font goes with what screen resolution. Just be careful to make sure that the font you downloaded comes with the size you want to use. Some skip a few sizes. If you do not have the files for the font sizes in your font folder you can just copy/paste this to a notepad file and name them with the names you see in my folder and edit them how you like. They all have the same information inside but are named differently so that the game will recognize each size. So you could have different fonts for each size if you like or all the same. That is how I make pretty fonts for in game and leave stock fonts for FMB.

Code: [Select]
[ClassInfo]
  ClassName TTTextureFont
[TTFFile]
//  Il-2-ArialBD.ttf
//  arialbd.ttf
// SubwayNovellaDEMO.ttf
// F25_BlackletterTypewriter.ttf
// LCSmith.ttf
// AT.ttf
// riven.ttf
// CloisterBlack.ttf
// CamelotDeNada.ttf
FAIRFAXS.ttf
// KELMSCOT.ttf
// Honest_Merchant.ttf
// Leidenschaft_DEvans.ttf
[CharSize]
  160 12
  320 12
  400 12
  640 12
  800 12
  1024 24
  1152 24
  1280 24
  1600 24
  1920 24
  2048 24
[_CodePage]
  ascii

// eof

Also, if you play with the fonts and the game crashes as soon as it starts that means you did something wrong in your editing of the notepad files or that the font you are using doesn't work like when I tried to use Open Type Font .otf instead of .ttf. It took some time for me to figure out that I was putting .tff instead of .ttf behind each font name and that was crashing the game on startup.

Edit: There were threads showing how to do this in an extremely complicated way by downloading program to crack open .sfs files to get to the font files of the game. I found that this way is so much easier and more simple.
Dell Inspiron 7559. Windows 10 64. Intel I7-6700HQ@2.6GHz. 16GB RAM. NVIDIA GeForce GTX960M 4GB GDDR5.

RealDarko

• Modder
« Reply #2473 on: December 21, 2014, 07:12:03 AM »

Guys will this be updated with the new Gio Austro-Hungarian airplanes? No hurries, just curious.

Whiskey_Sierra_972

• Modder
  • In memory of my beloved hero: Saburo SAKAI!
« Reply #2474 on: July 29, 2015, 07:56:46 AM »

Hi mate!

Any project about a new patch?

Not a request due laziness but only to keep things updated in the same way....

Thanks in advance for your reply!

All the very best!

vpmedia

• Modder
  • www.vpmedia.hu/il2
    • VPMEDIA SKINS
« Reply #2475 on: July 29, 2015, 08:26:37 AM »

These are the planes released by Gio since the last patch.
The ones marked with bold are ready to go, the rest needs work (slot or bugfix).
Since we dont have a full time java programmer, I cannot release the entire batch.
Recently Mission bug made the slots for the ones that are ok, so right now I'd recommend installing those manually from the ww1 section.

AEG G.IV
Berg D.I (no slot yet)
Bristol F.2b
Curtiss-Felixstowe F2A (java error, does not load)
Hansa Brandenburg D.I (no slot yet)
LVG B.I
PHONIX D.I (no slot yet)
RE.8 (no gun)

Mission_bug

• Modder
« Reply #2476 on: July 30, 2015, 03:51:43 PM »

These are the planes released by Gio since the last patch.
The ones marked with bold are ready to go, the rest needs work (slot or bugfix).
Since we dont have a full time java programmer, I cannot release the entire batch.
Recently Mission bug made the slots for the ones that are ok, so right now I'd recommend installing those manually from the ww1 section.

AEG G.IV
Berg D.I (no slot yet)
Bristol F.2b
Curtiss-Felixstowe F2A (java error, does not load)
Hansa Brandenburg D.I (no slot yet)
LVG B.I
PHONIX D.I (no slot yet)
RE.8 (no gun)

I have been trying to add some of the aircraft above into individual slots, however, time and other things mean this will be limited.

My personal preference is towards WWII aircraft,  something in the releases above has to inspire me to such a extent that I devote what is a lot of time and effort to develop them.  Gio's work always does, but for me the British aircraft are going to be the focus of what I do, any others are a bonus.

The Felixtowe I have the same issues Istvan mentions, cockpit view being another, this is the next on my to do list.  I have the various attempts that links were provided for, sadly each gives me issues in my various installs so I will develop it from Gio's original files and see where I end up.

If time permitted I would do all of them irrespective of whether I had a particular fondness for them, unfortunately I cannot do everything as real life has to be endured, my time has limits so I will concentrate when I can on what interests me most.

Much has been done for DBW 1916 to make it such a outstanding part of IL-2, unfortunately too few have the time or inclination to continue to expand it.

A few dedicating their time and effort to this particular install could do much, but we are where we are.

Take care guys.

Wishing you all the very best, Pete.  ;D

Whiskey_Sierra_972

• Modder
  • In memory of my beloved hero: Saburo SAKAI!
« Reply #2477 on: August 01, 2015, 04:45:56 AM »

Thanks mates fr your reply!

I was only asking about if we can aspect for a future patch....absolutely not for give you any hurry....

ATM I have about all the new planes added in a separate 3.4 plus installation and I also keep the basic 3.4 installation ready for the far future update.....

As I said above is more for keep things in line with yours....

Thanks again fro your replies and a big THANKS for your great work!

vpmedia

• Modder
  • www.vpmedia.hu/il2
    • VPMEDIA SKINS
« Reply #2478 on: August 01, 2015, 09:50:55 AM »

I have been trying to add some of the aircraft above into individual slots, however, time and other things mean this will be limited.

My personal preference is towards WWII aircraft,  something in the releases above has to inspire me to such a extent that I devote what is a lot of time and effort to develop them.  Gio's work always does, but for me the British aircraft are going to be the focus of what I do, any others are a bonus.

The Felixtowe I have the same issues Istvan mentions, cockpit view being another, this is the next on my to do list.  I have the various attempts that links were provided for, sadly each gives me issues in my various installs so I will develop it from Gio's original files and see where I end up.

If time permitted I would do all of them irrespective of whether I had a particular fondness for them, unfortunately I cannot do everything as real life has to be endured, my time has limits so I will concentrate when I can on what interests me most.

Much has been done for DBW 1916 to make it such a outstanding part of IL-2, unfortunately too few have the time or inclination to continue to expand it.

A few dedicating their time and effort to this particular install could do much, but we are where we are.

Take care guys.

Wishing you all the very best, Pete.  ;D

This is just a hobby, it stops to makes sense if there's any kind of pressure.
I mean I'm not a fool, I didnt expect you to make all the slots just because you made a few. :)
I'm was already happy with what we had a year ago, everything since then is a bonus.

One thing you (or somebody else who reads this msg) could take a look at is the AI S.E.5's inability to take off. It started after it got its own FM by Kant. I dont think that its a misplaced hook in some mesh  because there was no problem when the SE.5 was in a temporary frankenplane slot.

Cheers

Mission_bug

• Modder
« Reply #2479 on: August 03, 2015, 11:58:23 AM »

Hello Istvan, I gave the SE5 a go, sadly I gave up. :-[

I extracted the FM by Kant and tried to alter some of the entries, however, not being a FM Guru this was merely tinkering and not very well at that.

Usually when you open up a FM you get the plane fmd file and also the emd file for the engine, here this was not the case just the fmd and two numbered files I cannot open.

These do not seem to be class files but I am assuming they contain the engine data, anyway I could not open them to see. ???

I tried using the entries from various fmd files using the Kant engine entry in the fmd file but even though the aircraft loaded there was no improvement.

My trial then moved to actually using complete FM files from other aircraft by adding them to the java of the SE5 which I opened, the best was the Fokker VII I think which seemed to move crab like along the ground slowly and almost began to turn.  Once the AI reved the engine it did correct itself and take off though. 8)

The next best was from a Spad sadly this started promisingly and then nosed over. :o

Others gave little or no improvement so I gave up on it.

Hopefully someone with the knowledge to exactly what goes on with FMs will come along and answer your prayers, alas, not me.

Wishing you all the very best, Pete. ;D

stalker

• overbearing
  • indecisive
« Reply #2480 on: August 03, 2015, 06:47:36 PM »

Se-5 works well. all have been corrected Kant himself. My plane takes off on autopilot, bots also fly themselves.

pity that the project was dead.

Alfie Noakes

• Art Director
« Reply #2481 on: August 04, 2015, 01:29:12 AM »

Interesting......
Which version of the SE5/SE5A are you running ?
I have   #00_AIRCRAFT_SE5_SE5a_NEW and  AIRCRAFT_SE5_SE5a_NEW, but on take off both AI and AutoPilot a/c creep forward at full throttle and steadfastly refuse to take to the air  :(
Starting at altitude I've found the SE5 & SE5A fly very well  ;D

Cheers

Alfie

P.S
   pity that the project was dead. 

+1
Everything is for the best in the best of all possible worlds

stalker

• overbearing
  • indecisive
« Reply #2482 on: August 04, 2015, 02:14:00 AM »

Mission_bug

• Modder
« Reply #2483 on: August 04, 2015, 03:03:40 AM »

Thank you very much for the link Stalker, greatly appreciated, working well. 8)

Wioshing you all the very best, Pete. ;D
Pages: 1 ... 204 205 206 [207] 208 209 210 ... 222   Go Up

Page created in 0.075 seconds with 27 queries.