Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: AI engine overheat mod for B.A.T. with my Effects v1.6 Mod  (Read 2525 times)

Old_DaD

• Fully engaged in the war on senior moments.
Re: AI engine overheat mod for B.A.T. with my Effects v1.6 Mod
« Reply #36 on: August 06, 2023, 05:58:55 AM »

Ive only replaced that classfile and so far everything is good.

elot

« Reply #37 on: August 06, 2023, 08:58:40 AM »

Have a look in the original WxTech FULL THROTTLE SMOKE MOD for BAT 4.0.. the classfile is dated 29/09/21
Finally found that version and copied it to the 2 mods and indeed seems to work, just like no file at all (probably somewhere in an SRS file).
I try tonight to really fly with it and see if all the effects are still working with the old file.

Update: i tried the old file and everything seems to work, but i have the impression (must check later again) that the Full Throttle mod does not show any smoke anymore.

WxTech

• Modder
« Reply #38 on: August 10, 2023, 01:55:49 PM »

The throttle smoke implementation requires that both Aircraft.class and Motor.class be congruent. Hence the lack of full function when changing one of these classfiles.

I very recently found an error I made for jet engine throttle smoke (it's treated separately from non jet engine throttle smoke). I'm working toward rolling this up into my v2.0 effects pack. But I should release a separate update for those who don't use my effects. My preference is to have in operation the carburetor cut-out smoke, full throttle smoke and the AI engine overheat.

Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people. - Hyman Rickover (but probably predating his use.)

PO_MAK_249RIP

• CMON U SPURS!
« Reply #39 on: August 11, 2023, 12:32:34 AM »

'I'm working toward rolling this up into my v2.0 effects pack'

Great news cant wait!!
Corsair Carbide case, Intel core i5 4690 3.5ghz with Arctic Cooler, Asus Rock H97 performance, MSI Ventus XS OC 1660GTX 6GB DDR6, 32GB Patriot Viper 1600Mhz, 256GB/500GB Crucial SSDs, Windows 10 64bit.

elot

« Reply #40 on: August 14, 2023, 02:31:00 PM »

Well, i found that the old file gave me some artefacts when looking down, especially on the runway.
So i put that file in a ModsMap directory en added just the old file to it (gave directory a name, so i know what is in it  :P)
Now i can play standard with the new file that works with most campaigns and machines.
When i want to play with the Dutch Fokker G1 for instance, i just add the 'Mod' and after changing to other campaign i remove the mod again.
Works great this way  8)

Old_DaD

• Fully engaged in the war on senior moments.
« Reply #41 on: August 14, 2023, 02:58:47 PM »

Sure.
I guess It's not like you'll use the G1 that often, so makes sense to only switch the file as and when.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up

Page created in 0.168 seconds with 27 queries.