Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 ... 107   Go Down

Author Topic: graphics extender  (Read 284989 times)

carsmaster

• Modder
Re: graphics extender
« Reply #264 on: September 30, 2018, 03:52:15 AM »

Latest build: https://gitlab.com/vrresto/il2ge/-/jobs/102970269/artifacts/download

To enable terrain autogeneration create il2ge.ini with the content:
Code: [Select]
EnableBaseMap=1

Very good.Thank you.

I really need BumpH
Good luck to you !

slibenli

• IL-2 Graphics Extender
« Reply #265 on: September 30, 2018, 03:58:01 AM »

Latest build: https://gitlab.com/vrresto/il2ge/-/jobs/102970269/artifacts/download

EnableBaseMap=1
   Sorry but I don't understand what do you mean by saying "create il2ge.ini with the content...."  where should I do this? do I have to create a new folder?

Just create the file il2ge.ini in yout IL-2 folder.

slibenli

• IL-2 Graphics Extender
« Reply #266 on: September 30, 2018, 04:04:31 AM »

EnableBaseMap=1

Very good.Thank you.

I really need BumpH
Good luck to you !

I wrote code for that some time ago, but disabled it again for performance reasons (on an intel GPU).
I'll have to try it again on an nvidia card.

carsmaster

• Modder
« Reply #267 on: September 30, 2018, 04:06:42 AM »

I wrote code for that some time ago, but disabled it again for performance reasons (on an intel GPU).
I'll have to try it again on an nvidia card.

Perfectly!!
I will wait for this moment.
Thank you.

SAS~GJE52

• Editor
  • Orchard Studios
« Reply #268 on: September 30, 2018, 05:41:19 AM »

As this mod is being developed, (and I have to say as someone who is addicted to eye candy I am very impressed with the results), would it be possible to put  updated links to the latest/current version in the first post in this thread.

Cheers

8)

G;

ps:

Regarding the ill informed criticism of this great mod and intentionally false information posted on "other sites" .... to quote one of our senior team members
Not the first time we see such activities from that particular guy, and as long as he's being given a stage for his long running feud with SAS (and that's all what his statements about il2ge or any other mod from here are about), it will almost certainly stay like that. 
... there may have been a change of management over there but sadly no change of heart...  ;)
Do not criticise a man until you have walked a mile in his shoes...  Then you can call him what you like, as you have his shoes ... and he is a mile away......

BOYAN

« Reply #269 on: September 30, 2018, 06:47:47 AM »

I use a noise generator to create the height map.
The textures are selected based on terrain elevation and slope.
Also a noise function is used to generate some variation in the selected textures.

Amazing! Is there a way to do the same thing with land and sea maps?

SpongeBob

« Reply #270 on: September 30, 2018, 11:51:33 AM »

Wow! Autogenerated terrain is simply amazing.

Slibenli, I don't need to go inside details (I won't probably understand anything about how you got this), but I'm deeply intrigued. Can you explain in simple words how the landscape is generated?

I use a noise generator to create the height map.
The textures are selected based on terrain elevation and slope.
Also a noise function is used to generate some variation in the selected textures.

Code: https://gitlab.com/vrresto/il2ge/blob/master/common/map_generator.cpp

However, I feel that Sita referred to the spiky look of roads on maps. It seems that when coding roads on maps, there are only a few angles available. Thus, if there is a road between two cities A and B at, say 18º eastwards, the road goes in alternative angles of 0º and 45º until the desired angle is reached, like this:
A ----
        \
          ----------
                         \
                           ------------------ B

Maybe someone could develop a mod that broadens the available angles for roads to get a straight way from A to B. Rounded turns could also be added to roads instead of the current spiky ones.
It is just a suggestion, just in case Slibenli's magic can work on it. I wish I had the knowledge to help on this (and I hope Storebror's wrath does not fall on me :D).

Well, roads are a rather different topic.
So far il2ge only renders the terrain surface - roads on the other hand are drawn as separate objects on top of the terrain surface.

Thank you very much Slibenli. As I told you, I'm not able to understand the details, but I've got an idea of what have you done here. Very clever!

I understand what you say about roads, too. It would be great to see smoother roads on your new landscape rendering, but it is a completely different story.

Thank you very much for your work. Trying now the latest release of your mod. :D

hadji4

« Reply #271 on: September 30, 2018, 02:32:23 PM »

Thank you for the work, put this version of the mod fly when loading companies on the desktop. There was a version of the mod il2ge-build_97619406 loaded completely but everything was very dark 

I'll look a that eventually, but ATM I need a break from bug hunting ;)

Thank you, but I do not understand English well.

SAS~Storebror

• Editor
  • Taking a timeout
    • STFU
« Reply #272 on: September 30, 2018, 10:24:41 PM »

would it be possible to put  updated links to the latest/current version in the first post in this thread
Done.

]cheers[
Mike
Don't split your mentality without thinking twice.

PO_MAK_249RIP

• CMON U SPURS!
« Reply #273 on: October 01, 2018, 04:29:51 AM »

Hi Slibenli still have the line problem after the latest build - this is the Okinawa map
Mick

Corsair Carbide case, Intel core i5 4690 3.5ghz with Arctic Cooler, Asus Rock H97 performance, MSI Ventus XS OC 1660GTX 6GB DDR6, 32GB Patriot Viper 1600Mhz, 256GB/500GB Crucial SSDs, Windows 10 64bit.

SAS~GJE52

• Editor
  • Orchard Studios
« Reply #274 on: October 01, 2018, 05:20:59 AM »

Done.

Many thanks  ;).

G;
Do not criticise a man until you have walked a mile in his shoes...  Then you can call him what you like, as you have his shoes ... and he is a mile away......

SpongeBob

« Reply #275 on: October 01, 2018, 09:44:30 AM »

Hi Slibenli.
I'm enjoying your Autogenerated Terrain mod. It is very nice, but it also can show you some unexpected surprises. Flying towards the south border of Whitecat's Kyushu map, I've found a new world:

Just kidding... It is the result of autogenerated terrain using random textures. By chance, it selected a volcanic spring texture used by Whitecat with the amazing result you can see above. However, this map revealed a small bug in Autogenerated Terrain that maybe can be corrected. In this case, if you fly south of Kyushu, towards the Pacific ocean, the autogenerated terrain generates a new island/continent (probably because most of the map is land) that is shown in the picture above.

Many maps in IL2 show land and ocean portions at their borders. As I told you, I don't understand the programming details in Autogenerated Terrain algorithm, but could it be posible to create a program that used only the closest areas to the map borders to generate a similar landscape in the extended terrain? What I mean is that autogenerated terrain should generate oceans beyond map borders containing oceans, and new land beyond map borders containing land.

I reckon that it won't be a perfect fix (if it could be made) since there is no way to automatically generate America flying westwards from Europe, by instance, but maybe it could avoid generating weird land areas in maps devoted to islands or peninsulas, that should be surrounded by oceans (in most cases).

Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 ... 107   Go Up

Page created in 0.078 seconds with 28 queries.