Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Future plans for BoX announced  (Read 10034 times)

LuseKofte

Re: Future plans for BoX announced
« Reply #12 on: November 21, 2017, 12:06:28 PM »

I understand the money thing. I bought several copies of every pack and donated keys everywhere to support this endaevour. I hate this Bodenplatte stuff thing. But at the same time curious how a jet would work in this engine.
I will buy 3 pack and donate it to those who want it. Just to take part in a Pacific funding. But I am sceptic there gonna be any

sniperton

« Reply #13 on: November 21, 2017, 01:25:43 PM »

I live in the 2nd world and I can't be that generous as you are, to buy something just to invest in future.
I bought everything so far, but I don't plan to pre-order Bodenplatte in the near future. That's not my game, it's as simple as that.

LuseKofte

« Reply #14 on: November 21, 2017, 01:31:17 PM »

Well I can donate one to you closer to christmas. To me it cost no more than a module in DCS I do not look at it as a generous act even. with the living cost in Norway I can skip a visit to a cafeĀ“ and  and gain a Bos series pack. Simple as that

sniperton

« Reply #15 on: November 21, 2017, 04:46:54 PM »

Huhh, USD 70 is 3 weeks of daytime meal for me in the canteen here where I work.
Still I think you shouldn't spend your money on my hobby. It's just a hobby, my life doesn't depend on it.
BTW why not to come over here to Budapest? For USD 70 you could have 3 steaks (or 8 pizzas) and plenty of beer and/or coffee. We don't have fjords or eternal sunshine, but we're cheap and funny. The same applies to Bratislava, Beograd, Cluj, or Bucharest, and not even Vienna is a bad place (though expensive for us if you don't know the Naschmarkt).

LuseKofte

« Reply #16 on: November 22, 2017, 10:34:35 AM »

Thanks, got a friend loving to go there, me and the missus is not fond of big cities, but Budapest and Prague is on the Bucketlist. However we are planning for a Round the world trip with a specialized Overland Vehicle. Restricting ourself with journeys for the time being. We plan a test trip southward with it. This vehicle firs in a Container so it can be shipped.

We plan a trip in it to both Prague and Budapest, maybe saying hello to Costas in Greece too.

sniperton

« Reply #17 on: November 22, 2017, 05:40:30 PM »

Sounds like a plan!  :D

ANDYTOTHED

• Modder
  • angle computing gunsights
« Reply #18 on: November 22, 2017, 06:32:51 PM »

From my own point of view, I was very pleased with the announcement of the Bodenplatte, mainly because of my area of interest, which is the air war over western europe. However, I was displeased that they were forgoing the inclusion of strategic bombers, instead choosing to focus on the tactical air war (which isn't an issue in itself, just a mere gripe).

What's truly concerning is that this does appear to be a challenge against Eagle Dynamics and the DCS: WWII project. Already a niche community, within a niche community, there is a very real possibility that this could result in that project being abandoned, which would be, despite what an absolute shambles DCS: WWII currently is, a shame.

And yet, I spent 70 dollars on BoBo anyway, mainly because they make progress where the other doesn't, or at least is not being public about progression.

For the rest of the points here, about how they appear to be throwing out titles to get money, I fully agree.

Peter Lynn

« Reply #19 on: November 22, 2017, 07:31:51 PM »

They can't even get their titles right. It was "Operation Bodenplatt", not the "Battle of Bodenplatt." referring to the air offensive....if it is to be taken seriously, that is.... Maybe someone should tell them.

Peter Lynn

« Reply #20 on: November 22, 2017, 08:00:15 PM »

Ooops! I withdraw my last comments. Must remember, when all else fails, read the attachments! Apologies to any offended. Still think it is silly to call it something it is not, though.

vpmedia

• Modder
  • www.vpmedia.hu/il2
    • VPMEDIA SKINS
« Reply #21 on: November 23, 2017, 11:19:42 PM »

Here's some nice 'Battle of Bodenplatte' artwork:

https://roen911.deviantart.com/

SAS~Storebror

• Editor
  • Taking a timeout
    • STFU
« Reply #22 on: November 24, 2017, 12:22:17 AM »

Ah, Antonis Karidis.
A nice guy.
I got in touch with him while searching for Modact Splashscreens and he immediately agreed to cooperate :)

Cheers!
Mike
Don't split your mentality without thinking twice.

SAS~Storebror

• Editor
  • Taking a timeout
    • STFU
« Reply #23 on: November 24, 2017, 11:48:50 AM »

I understand the money thing. I bought several copies of every pack and donated keys everywhere to support this endaevour.
Thanks for your thoughts Otto.
I've been thinking forth and back last night on this.
After having purchased BoS and BoM premium editions before, just an hour ago I've grabbed all other content money can buy of this series currently: BoK, BoBo, all Collector Planes and all Campaigns.
Not because I'm a big fan of Kuban, Bodenplatte, the 109G-6 or the La-5FN for instance, but because I think that BoX is IL-2's future and needs all the support we can give to it.

Best regards - Mike
Don't split your mentality without thinking twice.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up

Page created in 0.074 seconds with 30 queries.