Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Malone's CUP questions....  (Read 4466 times)

Whiskey_Sierra_972

• Modder
  • In memory of my beloved hero: Saburo SAKAI!
Re: Malone's CUP questions....
« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2016, 02:50:25 PM »

Hi Eugene!

What I suggest you is to delete the unused calls for mods pack that you haven't....

If you have a dedicated CUP installation delete all except stock and SAS....and CUP obviously....

SAS~Malone

• flying as #46 with the FAC
  • Editor
  • proud member of that 'other' site
« Reply #13 on: February 24, 2016, 11:13:40 PM »

hi walter - yes, that's what i have now done, thanks ;)

now, for today's questions - thank goodness this is more of a 'peace of mind' enquiry than any problem -
i've posted up the contents of my JSGME folder as it is after installing all CUP modules, and (hopefully) following the instructions of the JSGME restore options.
a few reasons for this - firstly, i have a few queries over exactly what some of the JSGME mods do (they don't have any descriptions).
secondly - to ensure that i have all the necessary JSGME options, and that i'm not missing any (or have any that i don't need)
third - i have some older #SAS JSGME mods meant for Modact, in this folder. please disregard those for the purposes of this thread ;)

as you can see, i have only enabled some of the #CUP mods at this point, and one #WAW mod.
the rest i have not yet tried - they are hopefully all correct. please let me know if you see any that shouldn't be there, or some that should be there, but aren't.
these are ALL mods that came with the CUP downloads, EXCEPT for the "#JTW_P.A.L. ChocksMOD", which i added myself.
my first question is actually about the Chocks Mod - as you can see, i've set it to be a #JTW mod, as that makes more sense to me, as far as usage of catapults go. should i also enable it for any other Modules..for example, WAW? or should i just rather leave it for JTW, as it is?

my next question concerns the 6 #DOF mods for the Camel - can someone tell me exactly what these do? i've not found any reference to them (most likely i just haven't spotted the right thread, lol) - they have no description in jsgme, so i'm a little clueless - are they simply different markings options, as it seems? or is there more to it?

okay, that's all for now, probably more questions incoming later again, lol :D

as always, thanks in advance for any hints/tips/advice and so on :D
.....taking fun seriously since 1968.....  8)

VonWaffen

• Modder
« Reply #14 on: February 25, 2016, 07:38:11 AM »

sound good to me   as you don t seem to have try any external sound mod yet just remember to use any soundset mod you need to activate the wepfix

I'm not sure about those Camel but i think the are in mod cause they replace a other camel plane as the b24 do
The enemy is stupid. Believing it's us the enemy,when it's him

SAS~Malone

• Editor
« Reply #15 on: February 25, 2016, 07:42:22 AM »

will do, thanks mate ;)

Gatrasz

• Supporter
  • Dead but dreaming...
« Reply #16 on: February 25, 2016, 08:00:37 AM »

my next question concerns the 6 #DOF mods for the Camel - can someone tell me exactly what these do? i've not found any reference to them (most likely i just haven't spotted the right thread, lol) - they have no description in jsgme, so i'm a little clueless - are they simply different markings options, as it seems? or is there more to it?

Hi ! I think the 'Camel' mods are skinmods, to give the Camel some special markings related to squadrons and theater. Probably for the reason that Max_thehitman explained here (and to get roundels on the Camel, as it's written in the CUP Manual V.7 at page 90  ;) )

The CAMEL cannot be skinned like normal airplanes. It uses many diferent skins that
make up the airplane parts. Takes along time to paint the Camel and its very tricky.

SAS~Malone

• Editor
« Reply #17 on: February 25, 2016, 09:48:32 PM »

...as it's written in the CUP Manual V.7 at page 90  ;)

ah, that might explain it - i must confess to only having started reading V7 of the manual, after reading v6 in full.... :D

Airbourne

• Nil Desperandum
« Reply #18 on: February 26, 2016, 11:00:30 AM »

I think I read somewhere that the Camel JSGMEs add the RAF roundels in certain cases where there would otherwise be a problem. I know that sounds vague but I can't remember more at the moment except I am pretty sure they are skin stuff and not some vital change to the game.

Alfie Noakes

• Art Director
« Reply #19 on: February 29, 2016, 07:08:16 AM »

Yes, Airbourne is correct......
Apparently the Camel was one of the first non franken WW I planes in IL2.
It's construction makes it extremely difficult to make skins for, so the CUP crew made the JSGME into a sort of Camel skin selector  ;D
Select ONE mod only as this will make ALL the Camel's in your game of the same squadron or nationality.
My favourite is 3rd SqnRFCblue  ;D

Cheers

Alfie

PS......I see that you have all the DEF-SKIES mods loaded in all selectors...is there a benefit in this ?
I have 4 CUP installations DOF, TGA, WAW, JTW and just put their own dedicated DEF-SKIES mod in their own separate JSGME's
Everything is for the best in the best of all possible worlds

SAS~Malone

• Editor
« Reply #20 on: March 02, 2016, 08:49:47 AM »

.....I see that you have all the DEF-SKIES mods loaded in all selectors...is there a benefit in this ?

a good question, Alfie, lol
if i understand the instructions correctly, this is the way i should do it if i intend to use whistler's Random Skies mod, which i do.
if i've gone about it the wrong way, i hope someone will point it out to me. ;)

whistler

• Modder
« Reply #21 on: March 02, 2016, 11:22:55 AM »

Yes, you are doing right malone. Activate def-skies modules to use the random skies mod.

Forgotten countries, MissionPro and VisualMod are a must imho and nobody should run CUP without them, I admit though I enable quite many others...  :P
NG-HUD v3.6.1 | NG-MAP v3.2 | NG-CAM v2.0 | NG-PAL v1.2: https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/board,93.0.html

SAS~Malone

• Editor
« Reply #22 on: March 02, 2016, 11:34:27 AM »

thanks for the confirmation, whistler :D

Forgotten countries, MissionPro and VisualMod are a must imho and nobody should run CUP without them...

absolutely - in all my installs, these are the mods i enable before all others - they are absolutely essential to the way i enjoy the sim.
and your random skies mod is also rapidly climbing up my mod charts, i love it - safe to say it's in my top 5 now  8)

Alfie Noakes

• Art Director
« Reply #23 on: March 03, 2016, 12:06:13 AM »

+1
Thierry (tbauchot) & whistler's mod was an absolute game changer for me...
Huge leap forward etc

Cheers

Alfie
Everything is for the best in the best of all possible worlds
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.082 seconds with 29 queries.