Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15   Go Down

Author Topic: Morane Saulnier G/H/L/LA  (Read 50470 times)

SAS~Monty27

• SAS Team
  • Action and Adventure!
    • SPEEDMACHINE
Re: Morane Saulnier G/H/L/LA
« Reply #120 on: December 25, 2015, 04:18:38 PM »

Excellent thoughts Walter, I totally agree.  8)

Mission_bug

• Modder
« Reply #121 on: December 26, 2015, 09:19:54 AM »

Thank you very much for the update Istvan, greatly appreciated, I will download and install soon. 8)

Hello Walter, I agree with your sentiments, trouble is with most of the aircraft in the pack they do not readily fall into any particular catagory.

What the French might consider a scout, the Russians might use as a fighter and bomber, The English equally their own designations.

The pack I think uses four in the mother class, TypeFighter, TypeBomber, TypeScout and TypeSturmovik, probably not correct in most cases but
as they will almost certainly be used in many guises what do you do?

Game behaviour has also to be accounted for, in some designations the aircraft will not deviate from a course if attacked, I would for sure.

My work on the pack is done other than any bugs I am able to replicate and fix if someone points them out.

Anyone who would like the classes and FM files for these and anything else I have done to make improvements my ability does not allow are welcome to them, please send send me a PM as they will not be posted here in a thread but in the school. ;)

Take care guys.

Hope you all have a very happy Christmas and New year, Pete. ;D

asheshouse

• SAS Team
« Reply #122 on: December 26, 2015, 11:37:00 AM »

Great looking aircraft. Thanks for this.

Vampire_pilot

« Reply #123 on: December 28, 2015, 06:59:08 AM »

There is still that weird issue with planes being indestructible.

Five MS LF and LF2 in this case. All of them crashing from low altitude into the woods, exploding in a big ball of fire but none of them gets actually destructed. You can still see the distance markers.
The only time I experienced them getting destroyed is when they crash from really high up. Not even bveing on fire seems to destruct thema fter they explode.

I run an unmodified DBW16.

This "feature" makes this series almost unusable for campaigns because you never get the victory account.

Mission_bug

• Modder
« Reply #124 on: December 28, 2015, 09:30:35 AM »

Great looking aircraft. Thanks for this.

Glad you like them asheshouse, Gio's work is truly outstanding as is that of the skinners who work on these aircraft. 8)

Hello vampire_pilot, as I mentioned before I do not know how to fix that issue, if someone can tell me why it happens then I will put it right if I am able.

It could be a FM issue or a java one, possibly both, but I do not know where to look or what to alter.

The new textures Istvan uploaded are truly outstanding, the new pilot skin for the Morane N is particularily nice, thank you very much Isvan, greatly appreciated.

The previous instructions I posted in this page have been removed as they are now no longer necessary as the latest link to the pack is here
and supersedes all other links posted:

https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,49180.msg542849.html#msg542849

Take care guys. 

Wishing you all the very best, Pete. ;D

SAS~Storebror

• Editor
  • Taking a timeout
    • STFU
« Reply #125 on: December 29, 2015, 01:09:59 AM »

Five MS LF and LF2 in this case.
(...)
I run an unmodified DBW16.
I'm wondering how much this can be true.
The reason is that the LF and LF2, as well as the I, the L_Pearly, the L_Plate and the L_RG use the "MGunLewisMkI" as primary weapon and this weapon is not part of standard DBW 1916 and it's not part of this pack either, hence with unmodified DBW 1916 you are not able to use either of these planes, unless I'm missing something here.

Either case I'm wondering which download is the latest one now.
The Istvan pack contains java classes that differ in numbers and content from the Pete pack, both packs contain classes that are missing in the other one and both contain changes to existing classes that are missing in the other one.

Best regards - Mike
Don't split your mentality without thinking twice.

Vampire_pilot

« Reply #126 on: December 29, 2015, 01:26:46 AM »

I only added the planes, I didn't add any object- or weapons pack or effect packs.

SAS~Storebror

• Editor
  • Taking a timeout
    • STFU
« Reply #127 on: December 29, 2015, 01:34:50 AM »

So how come you can fly the LF and LF2 when you don't even have their primary weapon in your game?

Best regards - Mike

Vampire_pilot

« Reply #128 on: December 29, 2015, 01:45:21 AM »

? beats me.
Maybe it came sneaking in with another plane? I have a few additional planes added that came out after the last official update.

I d/led the packs from the first post in the DBW1916 thread.

SAS~Storebror

• Editor
  • Taking a timeout
    • STFU
« Reply #129 on: December 29, 2015, 01:52:52 AM »

I have a few additional planes added that came out after the last official update.
Ah... so "unmodified" means "modified"?

I d/led the packs from the first post in the DBW1916 thread.
?????

The only thing I can guess at the moment is that you need to have some kind of "DBW Update" (see https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,26088.0.html) installed but if so, I'm wondering how this can be done "correctly" given that the title of the update says it's version "3.4", the installation instructions last until "patch 3" and the lastest patches in the starting post are "3b" and "4".
Confusion all over the place...

Best regards - Mike

Vampire_pilot

« Reply #130 on: December 29, 2015, 02:00:02 AM »

Exactly, I have all those updates, including 3b and 4. Pack v3, up to patch 4. means v 3.4 to me.

Also, unmodified means, the crash bug is also present when I have other planes slashed out. It seems native to the affected MS planes.

SAS~Storebror

• Editor
  • Taking a timeout
    • STFU
« Reply #131 on: December 29, 2015, 02:19:01 AM »

Well then... how about a log.lst? ;)
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15   Go Up

Page created in 0.088 seconds with 25 queries.