Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 ... 33   Go Down

Author Topic: Donating to SAS  (Read 108441 times)

SAS~CirX

• R.I.P.
  • SAS Honourable Member
  • No Zips, Only Buttons
Re: Donating to SAS
« Reply #324 on: October 11, 2020, 09:46:53 AM »

Almost another month has flown by, and despite the difficulties the world is in, some great members have donated towards the upkeep of the forum. A very big thank you to them!

They are:

dandolo513
mdripley
OLD_DAD
jg1234
IKolincak
pilotpimpf
Airbourne

Salutes Gentlemen!

UberDemon

• UberDemon/danzigzag
  • Modder
« Reply #325 on: October 11, 2020, 02:09:06 PM »

]headbang[

hopefully it went through
Best Regards, UberDemon/danzigzag, Get UQMG at SAS BAT Mission area.  www.uberdemon.net no longer exists.

Dandolo513

• Modder
« Reply #326 on: October 11, 2020, 02:19:50 PM »

Hallo.
BZ SAS .
Ciao

SAS~CirX

• R.I.P.
  • SAS Honourable Member
  • No Zips, Only Buttons
« Reply #327 on: November 08, 2020, 03:15:19 AM »

As the Xmas decorations are starting to go up, and South Africa is heading into a scorcher of a summer, another month has passed us, and we are closer to the end of this damn year. This last month has seen a wave of donations, some from friends we have not heard from in a long time, and it is very cool to see the names.

UberDemon
Matz
macgiver 
IKolincak   
mdripley   
livernyc   
1941UH   
daman204   
Airbourne

Thank you guys for this support, from myself and everyone at SAS1946. Fly High and Shoot Straight! :)
Salutes!

SAS~CirX

• R.I.P.
  • SAS Honourable Member
  • No Zips, Only Buttons
« Reply #328 on: December 14, 2020, 11:56:20 AM »

This has been a tough month. Not only for the world, but for our forum also. Our previous server host passed away unbeknown to us, and the rest of his company seemed to have been neglected, picked apart and abandoned by those around him, leaving us (and many others) with an intermittent, unreliable service, no supprt, and no easy way to get stuff backed up, moved or cancelled.

We thankfully did not sit on our hands, and with a bit of effort, teamwork, and some help, we managed to do an incredible trick and got the entire contents of our server, including our host name, moved to a new, better host. And instead of the week and a half we budgeted for doing it in, we did it in an emergency, and got it done in 24 hours. Most of the credit for this goes to SAS's co-owner, SAS~Storbror, who not only managed the integration with the new host, but, years ago, set in place some unobtrusive devices that ensured we could grab a fresh backup of our database that was only minutes old, even though the server itself was down and unreachable.

We had planned to do this move in this week during nighttime for Europe, and to give members at least a two day heads up. We started preparing for it last week, and when Saturday came and the lights went out on the old server, we took it as a sign from the gods, and just put all the schedules into overdrive. The results is that you can read this now, here :)

I was supposed to update the donations on Sunday, but that was not possible, so without further delay, here it is: We received a number of donations towards the regular maintenance of the forum over the last month. The guys who contributed were:

David Prosser   
SAS~Storebror  (this one was done before the "troubles". There was another massive donation by the SAS forum owners later, which I will discuss more below)
macgiver     
mdripley       
IKolincak       
Airbourne         
wern moldy

Thank you gents, as always, you are what makes it possible for this forum to live and survive. We owe you a beer!
Cheers!

Regarding the financial losses brought about by the server move: We did take a bit of a hit, to the tune of several hundred dollars which was pre paid to the old host. Even though we have requested a refund, we are not expecting one, and are expecting the request itself to be as ignored as previous tech support tickets were. We are not alone in this, dozens of other clients of theirs are in the same boat.

However, not only was this loss immediately made good by the two owners of this forum, but besides that, we had enough reserves saved up to cover it, and to still ensure the forums finances, until the month our donations record shows we are good to go to till (Aug 2021 before updating this month's donations).  We have been very careful with all the donation money we ever got, and so it are times like these where that pays off.

We have though, considered making a special "Xmas" donations month, as a 13th month target, to just ease back some of that reserve cushion. Since we are covered for almost a year into the future, it seems like a not-bad idea, so that is what we will do. The above donations will be reflected as per usual, but we will add a "Xmas 13th 2020 to the list above that. (or somehow, I'll figure it out in a sec lol)

S!

SAS~CirX

• R.I.P.
  • SAS Honourable Member
  • No Zips, Only Buttons
« Reply #329 on: January 10, 2021, 04:12:57 AM »

We are into the new year, and hoping for the best, while trying to be as prepared as possible :)

Over the last month we had a "13th Month" donation drive to cover some of the costs of money lost from our previous hosting service. This was not necessary, but I received a number of messages from members who wanted to help with that specifically, so we did this 13th month. IKolincac sent through 2 donations during that time, so we will put one of those towards the next target, and one into the "13th Warrior" month  ]cheers[

The guys who have contributed over that past month are :

macgiver
OLD_DAD 
IKolincak  (2x Donations)
jg1234 
Henkypenky 
mdripley 
Airbourne 
Storebror

You will recognize that most of these names or regular contributors. I want to send a special new years thank you to all the donators. Cheers gents!

Salutes!

SAS~CirX

• R.I.P.
  • SAS Honourable Member
  • No Zips, Only Buttons
« Reply #330 on: February 07, 2021, 01:07:47 AM »

We are one month into 2021 and still alive! Over the last month there has been some great donations made to the upkeep of this forum, and as I am sitting here in the 3rd week of constant rain running, on the tail end of Hurricane Eloise in South Africa. Seems we get to live through all the worst bits of European Weather and African Government :) (Daily power outages, one of the most botched pandemic responses on the planet, and every last cent of the R500 billion budgeted by government for corona related expenses stolen and missing, to name just a few highlights). Makes me thankful to be able to get on the rig and run a few missions everyday, read the forum (so much better and less depressing than any news feed or social media feeds these days).

For keeping the dream alive, the following folks have to be thanked this month:

macgiver   
majortom 
Matz
mdripley   
IKolincak 
Airbourne 
karin k...   

A special note about macgiver  : He made three donations in this time, and one was marked specifically for "the 13th", so we will add it to that total, even though he appears in that cycle already! Big Thank you to Piotr!

Also, there was a big donations form Karin K... (I redacted the last name for privacy if needed), with no mention of the screenname at SAS. I searched and searched, but could find no match even close. So if this is you, or your wife, just PM me and let me know if you want me to swop the names.

Salutes to everyone!

SAS~CirX

• R.I.P.
  • SAS Honourable Member
  • No Zips, Only Buttons
« Reply #331 on: March 07, 2021, 02:14:02 AM »

And just like that, almost a quarter of the year is gone. I am sure that as I get older, time seems to go by faster. I know it is because my reference for total time is growing larger, but it is still an eerie thing. During the last month we have received quite a number of donations, and this means we have recovered from the setback last year completely. You may notice some new names on the donations list, and this is very welcome always to see.

These are the dudes who have stepped up to make sure this forum outflies the AI once again:

macgiver 
Storebror   
kingle92   
Georges44     
IKolincak   
wern moldy 
livernyc   
mdripley   
Airbourne   

Thank you and respect!
 ]thumleft[ ]thumright[

SAS~CirX

• R.I.P.
  • SAS Honourable Member
  • No Zips, Only Buttons
« Reply #332 on: April 11, 2021, 05:12:18 AM »

Another month has passed, and we are a few donations stronger. A big thank you to all those who chipped in! We hope we run the forum in a way that does us proud!

Those who donated in the past month are these cool dudes:

jola
mdripley
macgiver
IKolincak
F.Savage
Airbourne
livernyc

Thank you gents!
 ]cheers[

SAS~CirX

• R.I.P.
  • SAS Honourable Member
  • No Zips, Only Buttons
« Reply #333 on: May 11, 2021, 11:39:27 AM »

The past weekend was a rush of things, and so it happened that I completely forgot to tally up and post about the last month's donations. My apologies! ]cheers[
Without further ado, here are the gentlemen who have contributed to the upkeep of this forum, assuring everyone of the coolest IL2 content under the digital sun.

BlackAce7727
mdripley
IKolincak
macgiver
Airbourne
cjd-2010 
Flieger

As always, a special thank you to our regular supporters (their identities are rather apparent if one looks at the donations update on page one) I suppose one could say we have patreons now! (PPS. I am still trying to talk Storebror into taking his kit off on an onlyfans channel. I know there is a lot of call for it, but I have yet to convince him). And Thank you to cjd-2010 for the thank you note with his donation, and Flieger made a rather large donation, so an especial thank you to him, and last but not least, Eric, aka BlackAce, for keeping the dream alive with his screenies, which often become my desktops.

Salute dudes!

SAS~CirX

• R.I.P.
  • SAS Honourable Member
  • No Zips, Only Buttons
« Reply #334 on: June 13, 2021, 09:21:37 AM »

Another month has passed us by, and it is with much gratefulness and sincerity that I list a particularly long list of people who have given up some of their hard earned cash in order for the rest of us to continue enjoying the SAS for free. This list of course contains a number of the regular contributors who carry much more than their own weight around here, but also quite a few newer names. A big thank you to everyone on it, you knew you rocked, and now it is official.

mot0rhead
jg1234
mdripley
brad phantom
Hans-Joachim Marseille
Shakaali   
IKolincak 
Airbourne   
RasterOp98   

Salutes gentlemen!   ]cheers[

SAS~CirX

• R.I.P.
  • SAS Honourable Member
  • No Zips, Only Buttons
« Reply #335 on: July 22, 2021, 11:41:38 AM »

O crap, we missed the July update!

Or more to the point, I missed it. I was sure I did it. June...July...sounds the same. I blame old age, depravation and an attitude problem (especially with carrier landings). But on a serious note, we also had a few fires and things here.

My sincere apologies! I am rectifying this immediately.

Since the last update, we have received donations from the following awesomely patient guys :

Airbourne 
OLD_DAD 
IKolincak 
winterhawk1
mdripley

Gentlemen, we raise a toast to you, and may we all one day complete that drink, together, in the halls of Valhalla.

S!
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 ... 33   Go Up

Page created in 0.093 seconds with 27 queries.