Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14   Go Down

Author Topic: Dewoitine D.520 by F_Red  (Read 74967 times)

Frankiek

• SAS Team
Re: Dewoitine D.520 by F_Red
« Reply #120 on: January 30, 2023, 09:29:35 PM »

IES code is very specific and in addition the D-520 cockpit  had a number of functions and animations that is not easy to port in different IL-2 versions so i will live with it

Vasya

« Reply #121 on: January 31, 2023, 03:42:42 AM »

In patch 4.09 when starting a mission with DewoitineD520
the game does not write errors in the log file - this means that the code for Dewoitin is very well written.

Frankiek

• SAS Team
« Reply #122 on: January 31, 2023, 04:02:17 AM »

Sure and thanks a lot for that. Also on my pc the log isn't giving me any error but nevertheless i get this erratic crash. I replied the same mission with different setups and taking out different mods to no effect. it is very strange and i tried all my tricks to identify the origin but i wasn't able so i will just live with it. Thanks again

Vasya

« Reply #123 on: January 31, 2023, 06:15:58 AM »

Sure and thanks a lot for that. Also on my pc the log isn't giving me any error but nevertheless i get this erratic crash. I replied the same mission with different setups and taking out different mods to no effect. it is very strange and i tried all my tricks to identify the origin but i wasn't able so i will just live with it. Thanks again
Explain to me please! What crash are you talking about?
What is it expressed in? Game won't load, mission?
In which of the patches of the D-520 mod does not work correctly? What is the name of the mods folder?
MODS, SAS?

Frankiek

• SAS Team
« Reply #124 on: January 31, 2023, 07:08:57 AM »

The patch works very well in 4.12 being HSFX, Modact, VP but in 409 be it UP2 or a personalized modact as explained above I have sudden crashes to desktop. Most of the time happens at mission start (even in QMB with the d-520 alone) and sometimes (but more rarely) after some time in the mission. i So i tried changing DLL, disabling mods etc etc. but the crashes are really unpredictable t can work well for one mission or two and then crashes.  I am attaching an example of log where you will see that the error relates to the skins that normally is a non critical error and in fact mission starts but as soon as D-520 spawned it crashed.  Crash happens with Dreamk version and yours no difference whatsoever.

https://pastebin.com/yFxRk680

and this is the last one https://pastebin.com/HbyYYyhv

and you will see that no error is indicated but If I play the same mission using one of the other two D-520 avalable I can complete the mission normally

Vasya

« Reply #125 on: January 31, 2023, 08:01:59 AM »

The patch works very well in 4.12 being HSFX, Modact, VP but in 409 be it UP2 or a personalized modact as explained above I have sudden crashes to desktop. Most of the time happens at mission start (even in QMB with the d-520 alone) and sometimes (but more rarely) after some time in the mission. i So i tried changing DLL, disabling mods etc etc. but the crashes are really unpredictable t can work well for one mission or two and then crashes.  I am attaching an example of log where you will see that the error relates to the skins that normally is a non critical error and in fact mission starts but as soon as D-520 spawned it crashed. 

https://pastebin.com/yFxRk680

and this is the last one https://pastebin.com/HbyYYyhv

and you will see that no error is indicated but If I play the same mission using one of the other two D-520 avalable I can complete the mission normally
Tell me please! - Do you have a diff installed in your mods folder in patch 4.09?
  This is a modified FlightModelMain.class.
   What year is this file?
Because the log file shows us that the game is looking for motors in the buttons.

Frankiek

• SAS Team
« Reply #126 on: January 31, 2023, 09:07:06 AM »

Of course i do otherwise I shouldn't be able to use the D-520.

The FligthModelMain  was modified in 2008 at the same time when 409 came out. If you  search this site you will find my post encouragine the use of this mod the first time it appeared https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,158.msg3898.html#msg3898

I also have version that I use for test where you can get the FM and EMD from an unencrypted FMD and EMD file very useful. . But I don't see how could this be a problem if all the other plane that I have are working well and if this was the case I would never be able to start a mission in QMD and fly for a while as normally the plane without EMD explode at spawn and the game don't crash

Vasya

« Reply #127 on: January 31, 2023, 09:38:30 AM »

In the test build for patch 4.09, I use a diffim with code for reading fmd and emd from the latest patches, so the game does not ask questions in the log file regarding fmd and emd.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/17PUoRQ0fynoBXNwspX49avdEBKxdDWax/view?usp=share_link

Frankiek

• SAS Team
« Reply #128 on: January 31, 2023, 11:06:18 AM »

so can you please provide a link otherwise I need to through the painful process of recompiling that is always trial and error

Vasya

« Reply #129 on: January 31, 2023, 11:55:15 AM »

so can you please provide a link otherwise I need to through the painful process of recompiling that is always trial and error
Perhaps Google translator did not quite correctly translate your words, so I did not understand what you need a link to.

Frankiek

• SAS Team
« Reply #130 on: January 31, 2023, 02:04:27 PM »

difFM your version thank you

Vasya

« Reply #131 on: January 31, 2023, 02:36:58 PM »

difFM your version thank you
FlightModelMain.class is in the archive with the mod
D-520_IES_beta1 for 4.09
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1DVdSeKkJrxy3BiPwD50OLY54LH9fZMSE/view?usp=share_link
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14   Go Up

Page created in 0.076 seconds with 26 queries.