Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8   Go Down

Author Topic: BoS Single Player Campaign Unveiled!  (Read 19541 times)

LuseKofte

Re: BoS Single Player Campaign Unveiled!
« Reply #36 on: September 23, 2014, 03:44:31 AM »

Just those proven to handle it are going to have access to FMB.
And frankly I do understand it, the way the community have reacted on a beta version they are not ready for another beta. Everybody judge this as a finished game from the start. They open their post with, I know this is a beta , but bla bla bladdedy bla my opinion is bla bla bla. and you are doing it wrong

shoresroad

« Reply #37 on: September 23, 2014, 04:22:14 AM »

Just those proven to handle it are going to have access to FMB.

I thought they decided to release the FMB to everyone?

'MadDog'

« Reply #38 on: September 23, 2014, 04:48:25 AM »

The people who have it now are a few individuals/groups known to the devs probably through the RoF editor. The FMB is very much restricted to this small group for the moment but some time after intital release of the product the FMB is due to come out on a general release.

Dakpilot

« Reply #39 on: September 23, 2014, 05:11:23 AM »

It does not seem to matter how many times the Devs say the FMB will be released to Everyone another "factual rumour" will be spread (no reference to you Leone) saying It's only for the "selected few" or for "777 elite buddies"...

The fact is the game is in Beta, to release it when the game is not in its finished state, will lead to bugs, incompatibilities with updates and general misery for all those trying to learn it and create missions, same with running servers in Beta state.

Hence a small group of testers using the RoF/BoS beta editor to bug track and generally turn it into the BoS editor. When it is ready and the game is released it will be made available to everyone

Cheers Dakpilot

vpmedia

• Modder
  • www.vpmedia.hu/il2
    • VPMEDIA SKINS
« Reply #40 on: September 23, 2014, 11:40:37 AM »

Poll: What do you think of the Single Player Campaign for BoS?
http://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/4012983/1

Looks like I'm not a deviant after all...

shoresroad

« Reply #41 on: September 23, 2014, 12:32:36 PM »

According to Loft, the target audience for BoS are not the type of players who frequent a BBS.

So good or bad word of mouth through social media will have no impact on the sales of BoS.

Screwball

« Reply #42 on: September 23, 2014, 04:02:45 PM »

A quick message from the centre ground:

Sims have two goals - immersion and content. The former to provide the best possible moment-to-moment experience, the latter to keep that experience fresh and relevant for as wide a player base as possible. So far so uncontroversial, right? Of course both CloD and BoS offer increased immersion over Il2 - with the improved graphics, sound, physics etc. The same 'of course' doesn't apply to player preferences. Largely, I think, this is because the content isn't persuasive. However, one day the content of these new sims will match what we privileged Il2 pilots have become used to (which is why it's essential devs open up their games to be as mod friendly as possible). At this point any new sim will be better than an old one. Till that point each player will sit on a spectrum between immersion and content, and they'll become a convert to the new when the balance of the two suits their preferences. Which is a good thing.

To worry.about BoS now is silly. I couldn't give a hoot about its first crack at an SP campaign. It's being developed for a particular market, to which I don't belong, but in the future it will offer things I want. Can we ease off on the pissing contest and move on to providing useful information? Il2 (read 'the Il2 modding community') is totally sodding incredible. One day we'll all be saying the same about a new sim, and nothing will have been lost along the way.

Screwy

vpmedia

• Modder
  • www.vpmedia.hu/il2
    • VPMEDIA SKINS
« Reply #43 on: September 23, 2014, 11:11:21 PM »

IL-2's popularity lasted for more than a decade. This also  makes it a "template" for future flightsims.
If you release a game called IL-2 Sturmovik BoS then follow the f'in template and dont go arcade.

shoresroad

« Reply #44 on: September 24, 2014, 12:12:26 AM »

It's being developed for a particular market, to which I don't belong, but in the future it will offer things I want.
Screwy

This is what I need to remind myself of and just get over it.  Although I would change the last part to: "...but in the future it will may offer things I want" as Loft has told the IL-2 BoS bbs/EA members on a number of occasions that we are not his target audience.

LuseKofte

« Reply #45 on: September 24, 2014, 01:14:05 AM »

It does not seem to matter how many times the Devs say the FMB will be released to Everyone another "factual rumour" will be spread (no reference to you Leone) saying It's only for the "selected few" or for "777 elite buddies"...

The fact is the game is in Beta, to release it when the game is not in its finished state, will lead to bugs, incompatibilities with updates and general misery for all those trying to learn it and create missions, same with running servers in Beta state.

Hence a small group of testers using the RoF/BoS beta editor to bug track and generally turn it into the BoS editor. When it is ready and the game is released it will be made available to everyone

Cheers Dakpilot

Sorry it will be releast with no mission editor, but they aim for all to have it after a while. The flight sim community has not shown itself from its best side , again and I cannot blame them for it. It will be a ME for all eventually tho.
I am pretty fed up already by flying online, here is what a team mate experienced , and the only difference in his experience and mine is he filmed it

And there are a awful mess with vulching . So I am glad for a campaign to fly. I think the community need to settle for a while

LuseKofte

« Reply #46 on: September 24, 2014, 01:21:18 AM »

IL-2's popularity lasted for more than a decade. This also  makes it a "template" for future flightsims.
If you release a game called IL-2 Sturmovik BoS then follow the f'in template and dont go arcade.

Well in all fairness , it is far from arcade. It is actually a goos sim. It feels much like the old IL 2 but with much better and modern physics. It is really a sim that would grow within a properly managed server. I have many clod arcadish moments behind me, and it is always the community that makes that feeling

Mick

• Modder
« Reply #47 on: September 24, 2014, 01:24:13 AM »

It's being developed for a particular market, to which I don't belong, but in the future it will offer things I want.
Screwy

This is what I need to remind myself of and just get over it.  Although I would change the last part to: "...but in the future it will may offer things I want" as Loft has told the IL-2 BoS bbs/EA members on a number of occasions that we are not his target audience.

... then I was right to no invest a single dime in it ...!

The CoD fiasco was a lesson we should remember ...

Anyway, the mere fact of having to "unlock" something (even skins it seems ...!!) I bought, pisses me off to such a degree that I'll now even wait for a long time after BoS is released before buying it (if I ever buy it) ...
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8   Go Up

Page created in 0.067 seconds with 26 queries.