Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 ... 86   Go Down

Author Topic: New-TFM  (Read 265955 times)

SAS~Monty27

• SAS Team
  • Action and Adventure!
    • SPEEDMACHINE
Re: New-TFM
« Reply #324 on: July 09, 2013, 04:37:01 PM »

Simon, I do have a question: how can I get rid of that heading bar in the lower left corner of the screen? I do have it even in cockpit view and it is annoying to say the least;
I managed to edit out the other speed bar thingies, but this one stays unfortunately;
oh and btw could someone who also uses a GeForce 600 series card show his OpenGL entries?
I would like to compare a few things with my current settings...

thanks in advance
phil

@ Griffon_301 - Its in the difficulty settings I think, no speedbar.  But you can also toggle it out if you assign a key for Speedbar, I use 'Z', a couple of taps and its all gone.  I agree, flying by reading the instruments is much better.  ;D

@ Bravo - Grrr, what about New-TFM's planelist diet?  As I prefer Campaigns and Missions, and YOU made it easy to select SCW or DBW side-by-side, these early He-111's live in Poltava's Spain where they have a wonderful busy career.  Its their natural habitat.  8)

https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,31973.0.html

@ rkalhorn109 - I agree about the quality of the sound in New-TFM, always one of the most important factors that lifts the whole sim.  The Aer. Macchi C-202 & 205 overhaul is also a great piece of work that we should slate for a future New-TFM update.  Thanks for reminding of this one.  :)

https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,30095.msg314984.html#msg314984

BravoFxTrt

• "BIGFOOT"
  • Modder
  • Flying Ass Clown #13
« Reply #325 on: July 09, 2013, 05:12:24 PM »

No Simon they were Installed as easily they are uninstalled. I have a few Planes that are not in New-TFM that when I had to add a new updated Pack I simply just added a   -   to my air.ini, then coppied my entries to your newly installed air.ini.  It works perfect for me. And no CTD's!

My reasoning for this is when I fly one of your Missions, just for fun I replace them with New Modded Planes, "Just for fun" mind you, its not permanent at all. Id just like to take on the Jerry's with a Mk9 than a Vb or a Va, but thats just me!

Historically to enjoy your Missions, I fly what they did into air combat, but for fun I do what I do! So I have the real world and My World all in one Mission(s)
MSI R9 280X 6GB x2/Crossfire /ASUS M5A99FX PRO R2.0 Mobo/AMD FX 4170 Bulldozer 4core CPU/RAM Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB/ Corsair RM 1000WATT PSU/Windows 10 Enterprise 64bit

SAS~Monty27

• SAS Team
  • Action and Adventure!
    • SPEEDMACHINE
« Reply #326 on: July 09, 2013, 05:53:23 PM »

No Simon they were Installed as easily they are uninstalled. I have a few Planes that are not in New-TFM that when I had to add a new updated Pack I simply just added a   -   to my air.ini, then coppied my entries to your newly installed air.ini.  It works perfect for me. And no CTD's!

My reasoning for this is when I fly one of your Missions, just for fun I replace them with New Modded Planes, "Just for fun" mind you, its not permanent at all. Id just like to take on the Jerry's with a Mk9 than a Vb or a Va, but thats just me!

Historically to enjoy your Missions, I fly what they did into air combat, but for fun I do what I do! So I have the real world and My World all in one Mission(s)

Doing it the 'right way' Guy, actually making your own modules.  Bloody brilliant and the only way to mod really.  Can you believe we used to go directly into the old 'files' folder and mess around in there?  Backups was for sissies, it still makes me shudder.   :o

These little packs are so easy to work with too.  Boelcke's new Desert DGen campaign for example, is so good but uses  Northern_Africa_Jir_v3 over New-TFM's Northern_Africa_Jir_v2, but what about other campaigns that use V2?  Now, with a little map upgrade, we can have both versions!  In fact we shall have all 3 versions of RedEye_Jir's wonderful maps, because V1 originally shipped with DBW!  ;D

I guess New-TFM has become like a Japanese meal, small portions, but plenty of courses!  8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

BravoFxTrt

• "BIGFOOT"
  • Modder
  • Flying Ass Clown #13
« Reply #327 on: July 09, 2013, 07:12:33 PM »

Yep my good friend, New-TFM is not just a a Game, its an IL2 Smorgasbord, if you know how to mix your meal the right way! And to me is Soooo Delicious!!! Good going my good Man!
MSI R9 280X 6GB x2/Crossfire /ASUS M5A99FX PRO R2.0 Mobo/AMD FX 4170 Bulldozer 4core CPU/RAM Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB/ Corsair RM 1000WATT PSU/Windows 10 Enterprise 64bit

rkalhorn109

« Reply #328 on: July 09, 2013, 08:16:21 PM »

I'd like to add some skins for the B-26 Marauder, but I can't find a skin file for this plane in TFM (not under Paint Schemes, at least).  What should I do?

BravoFxTrt

• "BIGFOOT"
  • Modder
  • Flying Ass Clown #13
« Reply #329 on: July 09, 2013, 08:33:41 PM »

You have to Name the skin you want, Just go here and download the Skin Folder Maker. I highly recommend this tool!

https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,4278.msg294865.html#msg294865

Gaston

• Modder
« Reply #330 on: July 10, 2013, 12:40:29 AM »

Did the same as you, Bravo... added early He-111s. Works perfectly.

vegetarian

« Reply #331 on: July 10, 2013, 02:51:06 AM »

Yep, did a similar module the P40 pack. Works well. That's the beauty of JSGME and the fantastic work that Simon has done. Plug n' Play!

SAS~Monty27

• SAS Team
  • Action and Adventure!
    • SPEEDMACHINE
« Reply #332 on: July 10, 2013, 03:32:15 AM »

Yep, did a similar module the P40 pack. Works well. That's the beauty of JSGME and the fantastic work that Simon has done. Plug n' Play!

Bloody marvelous gents!  Now we have backups in place, nice n clean.  I have only a couple of 3do updates and a map update planned, which will not effect aircraft or object mods, so let's fly!  ;D

Gaston

• Modder
« Reply #333 on: July 10, 2013, 03:44:22 AM »

Cool ! so, I will rearrange the air.ini file to my taste, and add the optionnal DBW planes !

BravoFxTrt

• "BIGFOOT"
  • Modder
  • Flying Ass Clown #13
« Reply #334 on: July 10, 2013, 04:05:37 AM »

Yes Guys all you have to do for updates is Place a   -  in front of your current air.ini then copy your added Planes to the new air.ini

I even edit my air.ini to show as New_Planes, like this:

Griffon_301

• SAS Team
« Reply #335 on: July 10, 2013, 04:40:39 AM »

Hello Simon!

as you added those fantasy IJN/IJA planes recently, how about adding the A7M and the F8F and F2G as well?
all those birds actually flew, in contrast to those fancy Japanese thingies and they would form a great addition to any 1946 set; AFAIK, some Bearcats made it as far as Okinawa before VJ Day and they were also present on a carrier in the waters off Korea before the war there officially began, so I guess they fit into the timeframe you have set for the new TFM;

concerning objects, how about adding those nice new objects of max? those ruined towers and dispersal area tables and crates and stuff look really great and could do a lot to enhance immersion on airfield scenarios;
and mapwise, I think at least all of redkos and whitecat´s repaints should make it into the new TFM; some of them are not present in the all.ini and I added them manually;

concerning those modded air.inis: have I understood that correctly that you are just creating update packages with the desired birds and then using the mod enabler to copy them in or remove them?
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 ... 86   Go Up

Page created in 0.07 seconds with 29 queries.