Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Map of Peru-Columbia War of 1932  (Read 10859 times)

Meaker

Re: Map of Peru-Columbia War of 1932
« Reply #12 on: December 02, 2015, 08:04:21 AM »

Hi,I just can't get this to work for me,I'm running 4.12 with 5.3 Modact,is this not compatible.

I haven't got DBW,so I just installed the contents into my MAPMOD floder within SAS Mod folder <is this correct please?
"Ah,tally-ho yippety-dip and zing zang spillip!,looking forward to bullying off for the final chukka?"

SAS~Tom2

• SAS Honourable Member
  • no sweat
« Reply #13 on: December 02, 2015, 10:05:18 AM »

Slightly off.

First, read here how to install maps:

:P

https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,37295.0.html

And here how to install maps in ModA. 5.3:

https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,35419.0.html

Post 1, and replies # 10 and 53.

I would recommend using CUP if you want to mess with maps and have no idea how to.. ;) :)

Good Luck...I know this sounds crappy, but is the only way to go, learn it the hard way or start with CUP in the C.U.P. SAS forum section and 1st learn how to install maps before going for something as complex as installing potentially not compatible maps in ModAct, you will miss objects, to start with.  :D  :(

Meaker

« Reply #14 on: December 03, 2015, 02:28:55 AM »

Thanks Tom,I appreciate the kind help,I would like to point out I was in no way complaing about the map or it's creator,this is very much down to my inexperience,lol  ;D

I would also like to take this opportunity in thanking  agracier for a truly outstanding map,first class sir.
"Ah,tally-ho yippety-dip and zing zang spillip!,looking forward to bullying off for the final chukka?"

SAS~Poltava

• Avid FMB user
  • SAS Honourable Member
  • Help Ukraine fight
    • Check out my modded campaigns
« Reply #15 on: January 23, 2016, 06:06:03 PM »

This map begs for a campaign! And I hope to include it in my "Chaco War Mod Pack" if that is OK with you, Agracier?  :)
You want to give financial support to a front line Ukraine unit fighting the Russian invaders? Paypal kyivragnarock@gmail.com

agracier

• Modder
    • The Great War in a Different Light
« Reply #16 on: January 24, 2016, 01:59:30 AM »

This map begs for a campaign! And I hope to include it in my "Chaco War Mod Pack" if that is OK with you, Agracier?  :)

Any map I've posted or ever will post should be considered public domain ... you'll get none of that greedy corporate copyright crap from me ... so feel free to use the maps however you wish ... the only requirement is that you try to have fun ... ha ha ha

SAS~Poltava

• Avid FMB user
  • SAS Honourable Member
  • Help Ukraine fight
    • Check out my modded campaigns
« Reply #17 on: January 24, 2016, 02:32:04 AM »

Great - thanks!  ;D

Now the looking for Peruvian and Columbian skins can begin. THAT will be the tricky bit.  :o

Already included in the "Chaco War Mod Pack" are most aircraft that could be used, I think:

http://www.mission4today.com/index.php?name=Downloads3&file=details&id=2025
You want to give financial support to a front line Ukraine unit fighting the Russian invaders? Paypal kyivragnarock@gmail.com

Whiskey_Sierra_972

• Modder
  • In memory of my beloved hero: Saburo SAKAI!
« Reply #18 on: June 16, 2023, 11:16:41 AM »

Any map I've posted or ever will post should be considered public domain ... you'll get none of that greedy corporate copyright crap from me ... so feel free to use the maps however you wish ... the only requirement is that you try to have fun ... ha ha ha

Hi Agracier!

I have started to study simple map editing and I have used your map (with trees) as base....

I have almost finished the reposintioning of the static objects used to reproduce the sparse settlements in the area because I find them too much close each other....

I have also:

1) Redone the airfields and seaplane runways and staying points to allow correct use of taxiway , nets and hangars....
2) Expanded the 3 bigger airfield allowing landing and parking of the bigger aircraft used in the area (Ju-52)....now is possible to park many of them as many big hangar are placed in the airfield
3) Added a fictional seaplane base for an American Volunteer group as historically discovered ( https://shop.keypublishing.com/products/the-forgotten-american-volunteer-group )
4) Major seaplane base allow Ju-52 seaplane and landings
5) Repositioned a bit west the brasilian airfield because in the trees map it's under the jungle and unusable....

If for you is good , can I post the link as I finished the fixes?

Thanks in advance!

walter

BTW

After the work on the map I'm going to study how build DGen campaigns and I'll use this map as base for it....I hope to develop my first campaign in time for the end of the northern emisphere summer....

agracier

• Modder
    • The Great War in a Different Light
« Reply #19 on: June 16, 2023, 11:20:25 AM »

1) Redone the airfields and seaplane runways and staying points to allow correct use of taxiway , nets and hangars....
2) Expanded the 3 bigger airfield allowing landing and parking of the bigger aircraft used in the area (Ju-52)....now is possible to park many of them as many big hangar are placed in the airfield
3) Added a fictional seaplane base for an American Volunteer group as historically reported ( https://shop.keypublishing.com/products/the-forgotten-american-volunteer-group )
4) Major seaplane base allow Ju-52 seaplane and landings
5) Repositioned a bit west the brasilian airfield because in the trees map it's under the jungle and unusable....

If for you is good , can I post the link as I finished the fixes?

It's all good. You or anyone else may do as you please with any map I've made in the past. They can all use updating and improvements. I look forward to others helping out with this process. It is to all our advantage.

So go ahead. I wish i were back at map making, but at present things just don't permit it unfortunately.

Still, looking forward to your improvements.

Whiskey_Sierra_972

• Modder
  • In memory of my beloved hero: Saburo SAKAI!
« Reply #20 on: July 06, 2023, 11:30:25 AM »

Thanks for your kind words and permission!

Here the link at the updated files....

https://www.mediafire.com/file/94gvrrg5appyj7w/ag_Peru_-_my_update.7z/file

I have worked on the tree version but the actors is the same for both....so changes applies to both....IF SOMEONE complain with this please advise me so I can reduce the modification to only the intended map....

I have also expanded the river landing points because in that remote waterways were (and are) more used for communications....

Any feedbak 'll be really appreciated...
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.076 seconds with 23 queries.