Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Bailing out realism.  (Read 4781 times)

kaxII

• Modder
Bailing out realism.
« on: October 19, 2012, 01:17:07 PM »

Here is a request for bailing out realism. This is where there would be a x chance of canopy being jammed and x chance of parachute failing to open. Also if the aircraft is on fire the parachute could catch on fire and therefore burn up. This would be good for campaigns as you cannot be sure of safely bailing out so you would rather try and put your aircraft down than just bailing out everytime.
(Also i searched for a request like this but none came up, so if this has been done before please send a pm and delete and if it is not done correctly please tell me what to add)

CorsairKira

Re: Bailing out realism.
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2012, 01:36:55 PM »

+1 Sounds like a great realism addon.

Fresco23

• Part-Time Skinner
  • Modder
  • F.A.C. #23
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2012, 01:44:53 PM »

Thats a cool idea! I Agree!
cogito, ergo sum armatus

juanmalapuente

« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2012, 04:52:16 PM »

Great idea. I would add that pilots wouldn't pass through wings or fuselage like ghosts in their fall.

Ass Eagle

« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2012, 07:02:33 PM »

Well about the chutes catching fire.. well IF one opens there chute basically inside the cockpit.. well.. lol. I think that one wouldn't be so good.

NOW, the pilot in the cockpit that would be the same one bailing out.. I'd be super HAPPY with that ;)

SAS~Anto

• Aussie Bush Pilot
  • Editor
  • Retired from modding
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2012, 07:56:25 PM »

Jamming canopies already being worked on by crazyflak ;)

alotef

• Modder
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2012, 02:04:39 AM »

Can we disable AI bailing out in DBW 1916? Otherwise its a real immersion killer. :/
Any thoughts on how?
~Mike

Verhängnis

• Unofficial Heinkel Fan
  • Modder
« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2012, 02:56:05 AM »

Can we disable AI bailing out in DBW 1916? Otherwise its a real immersion killer. :/
Any thoughts on how?
~Mike

Check no parachutes when using the FMB.

kaxII

• Modder
« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2012, 03:58:34 AM »

Any thoughts on how?
~Mike

Check no parachutes when using the FMB.

It could be good if they could try and bail out when near the ground in a vain attempt to get out and they will either survive or go splat, like some pilots did when there aircraft caught fire. Also the burning parachute is when you get injured due to your plane being on fire and therefore you could be on fire and thus your parachute on your back on fire.

slipper

• Modder
« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2012, 05:13:14 AM »

Good idea,

I set up a sort of bail out routine with a program called joy-to-key if i remember correctly, a few years ago.

On pressing the bail out key, the pilot would look at the instrument panel, then down at his lap (simulating undoing belt buckle), a sound file would play for a buckle opening, the pilot would look upwards, canopy would open, then he would bail out.

This took about 10 -15 secs to run and was quite good for immersion ( think i even added a wind effect when canopy opened). The problem was each action needed a key assigned to it in game for the procedure to run with one key press, also the sounds were played outside of the game so did not sound quite the same as an in game sound.

Would be good if a similar routine could be incorporated into the game, rather than an external program running it.

regards

slipper

singüe

• No por mucho amanecer, se madruga m
« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2012, 05:37:13 AM »

Seems a good idea.

BT~wasted

• Modder
« Reply #11 on: October 20, 2012, 06:49:53 AM »

I think sometime ago there was a mod pack called Aviaskins Mod Pack and ZloyPetrushko made some improvement on this matter. From what I remember you need to jettison cockpit manually to be able to bail out. Also you was able to bail out at smaller altitude, because chute deployed faster and pilot slowed its descend speed faster.

But It was working only on 4.09  :(

EDIT:

I`ve found the copy of this mod on my HDD so I`ll take a look at changes. My interest lies in the decreasing of minimum bailout altitude, because it is too high I think ( I am not expert on this matter, but there are ejection seats like MB in F-4 that allowed ou to safely bailout while plane was standing on the ground).
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up

Page created in 0.084 seconds with 26 queries.