Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 ... 101   Go Down

Author Topic: The Full Monty  (Read 310281 times)

nuke11

Re: The Full Monty
« Reply #240 on: October 14, 2012, 11:08:26 AM »

A follow-up with my sound problems. The sounds are now fully functional. Now the only thing I really did was play with the OpenGL settings for my NVIDIA display card from this forum post http://www.axis-and-allies-paintworks.com/e107_plugins/forum/forum_viewtopic.php?2678

Once I made these changes to my config.ini and my NVIDIA control panel the game graphics are amazing and all of the sounds came back!

The sounds are just amazing for fly-by's now, they all sound just like when I'm at an air-show watching these fly.

Monty, I'll download the DLL's and see what they might acomplish for me.

Thank you.
As a mate of mine says: "Now we are all singing from the same sheet".  ;D

With regard to the Spitfire PR XIX  - can't get to the original thread right now. Let's consider it a place-holder for now until we work out a fix or a replacement.  There should be answer, usually is, eventually!

This works! I got the flyby sounds back!! ;D ;D ;D

Thank you all
I'm glad I stumbled across this and posted it. I was surprised when it worked for me as well.

fabianfred

« Reply #241 on: October 14, 2012, 06:48:30 PM »

Are all those strange new trucks and horse drawn vehicles a part of DBW or TFM?
some of them do not work or can only be seen as shadows...
perhaps my conf.ini settings need adjusting..

RogCBrand

« Reply #242 on: October 14, 2012, 08:11:49 PM »

Since The Full Monty came out I've struggled to get it to work.  I've uninstalled IL-2 a number of times, and very carefully followed the directions.  Time after time I'd find my computer hitting a hard freeze when I'd try to run TFM, using JSGME, so I tried Total Modder, which would also not work- but then on a new start it worked!  But there were none of the new aircraft, etc.  So after trying any solutions hinted at here, I went back to JSGME, and it really did work with everything!

I've found, time, after time, over many years of modding IL-2, that sometimes I'm doing something wrong and the light bulb will go off when I notice what it is and things finally work.  But sometimes I'll do EXACTLY the same thing, with failure the first time- sometimes the first many times- then finally it works, even though I've done the same procedure.

Modded IL-2 has grown gargantuan!  It can make it very fussy and cause astronomical frustration, but I've found that instead of letting that frustration get to me, I just keep plugging away, and I've always managed to succeed in the end.  So, if anyone is still having trouble, don't give in to the urge to throw your computer out the window.  Even after more than a week of trying, it can all come together and work- no guarantees but it definitely won't work if you just give up.

macias13_84

« Reply #243 on: October 15, 2012, 01:47:21 AM »

:P OK, the fix for Monty-11/12/13 is up and the rogue INI entries will disappear in any case by Monty-14, which I just tested, works perfectly and contains more lovely goodies.  Those who fixed this themselves and pointed it out to me were not always received with open arms.  I hope you can understand where I was coming from and appreciate that despite the disparity and mysterious CTDs we did not abandon you or go quite.

Instead we have, good naturedly I think, butted heads until the issue was solved for all, which was my goal.

GOOD WORK - For those interested, finding this issue was down to reading the LOG file after the CTD, after which, remming the Air.INI entries solved the CTD.

CREDIT FOR THIS PARTICULAR MONTY FIX - Goes to those applied this method with persistence and were good enough to post here, despite the fact that I was seeing something else entirely and getting conflicting reports.

chupag72
Gerson
macias13_84
mac1
saab_ja26
Funky Zefrs

Hope we are still friends...
 :)

Thanks Monty, When I will back in home, I will try install your fix,
Thanks you for your patience and endurance for our problems
Greetings from Poland

SAS~Anto

• Aussie Bush Pilot
  • Editor
  • Retired from modding
« Reply #244 on: October 15, 2012, 05:50:30 AM »

Thanks Monty for these packs :) They are a good interrim until the next DBW is out.

For those interested, indeed there hasn't been much news in relation to an update to DBW. It has been worked on for a while but we are waiting on a few key things before release. For now, Monty's pack should keep you busy and up to date.

chupag72

« Reply #245 on: October 15, 2012, 06:27:21 AM »

Dear MONTY is not yet a big problem. It is not your fault. I drew this a long time ago. This is due HE-60. When you fly on a plane I-16 type 29,1940 when you look through the windshield, it's dark. Such a feeling as if looking through a pair of sunglasses. Could you fix it.Sorry for my English

pilotpimpf

« Reply #246 on: October 15, 2012, 12:32:04 PM »

woooohooo

It took all day with lots of nail biting, will it or will it not work but at last its up and running and its really worth it.

Theres so much "stuff" its going to take many more enjoyable days just looking let alone flying it all.

Thanks to Monty 27 and all the many many mod makers.

Will this sim ever die?
Never with people modding it like this, from WWI to almost the present day, amazing.

flugkapitan

« Reply #247 on: October 15, 2012, 01:27:27 PM »

OK, I must be one of the exceptions.

I can not get this supermod to work. I have followed the instructions and have been trying for two days - no luck.

Here's what is happening:

1. I downloaded and extracted (using WinRar) all the files as per the instructions.
2. Started JSGME and removed all mods that I had enabled.
3. I backed up my original #DBW and then installed the clean #DBW from the link provided in this thread.
4. Downloaded v9.7 of the Buttons and made sure it was installed in the proper place.
5. Compared the Monty file sizes against the list on the first page of this thread - all are of the proper size except #10. I've downloaded it 3 times, but the file states it's size is 399MB as opposed to 402MB as per the listing.
6. Using JSGME I installed Monty01 and then launched IL2/DBW with the selector - success.
7. Using JSGME I installed Monty02 and then launched IL2/DBW with the selector - success.
8. Using JSGME I installed Monty03 and then launched IL2/DBW with the selector - Crash at 70%.

I'm open to any suggestions, but I'm about ready to give up.

Regards,
Scott

pilotpimpf

« Reply #248 on: October 15, 2012, 01:57:29 PM »

This is how I managed it;

Load a clean copy of IL2 4.07 patch to DBW 1.71( the all inclusive patch) and run.
Use clean #DBW folder downloaded previously and load, deleteing original folder first and run.

Load all Full Monty up to#10 in the JGSME folder (took hours!).
Then enable with no other mods at all in JGSME ( again took hours)
I did not run the sim until all mods loaded to #10.
Then start Sim and wait very patiantly for it all to load.... go to pub for a drink , walk the dog and then come back to it.

Thats it!

I did not load 11,12,13 as I did not understand all the procedure to get it working.

Hope that helps.

fabianfred

« Reply #249 on: October 15, 2012, 02:59:24 PM »

Mine would not run when i only had Monty 01 installed..so i added all the rest up to 13 and then it ran OK.............. but..........this was my main Win7..... when i booted into my old WinXP which I used to use fine for my il2 installs previously.....crash at 70% again....??? very odd!!

flugkapitan

« Reply #250 on: October 15, 2012, 03:07:39 PM »

Thanks for the replies. I was installing the mods one by one and then launching the game at each mod install to see where any problems might be. I didn't think that they all had to be installed for the mods to work, i.e., I thought they were independent of one another, other than they have to be installed in the proper numerical order.

I'm installing my other DBW mods now and will try flying the sim with Monty 01 & 02 and see what happens.

Scott

SAS~Monty27

• SAS Team
  • Action and Adventure!
    • SPEEDMACHINE
« Reply #251 on: October 15, 2012, 04:55:03 PM »

Thanks Monty for these packs :) They are a good interrim until the next DBW is out.

For those interested, indeed there hasn't been much news in relation to an update to DBW. It has been worked on for a while but we are waiting on a few key things before release. For now, Monty's pack should keep you busy and up to date.
8) Thanks Anto, that was EXACTLY the purpose and the reason why I thought we could easily chuck them into JSGME and then chuck them out again with DBW1.8!  While I didn't want a lot of fuss I do think this may have helped a few people, new and old to modding, and I have certainly learned a great deal. :P
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 ... 101   Go Up

Page created in 0.27 seconds with 29 queries.