Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 ... 101   Go Down

Author Topic: The Full Monty  (Read 310508 times)

SAS~Monty27

• SAS Team
  • Action and Adventure!
    • SPEEDMACHINE
Re: The Full Monty
« Reply #204 on: October 13, 2012, 04:12:15 AM »

are the SAM rockets and superJeep with weapons going to be in the next pack?
Not so far Fred, we are thinking 'Nam right?  What packages do you have in mind and what combos are you running?  Would you like to pm me?

macias13_84

« Reply #205 on: October 13, 2012, 05:30:21 AM »

I also do not want to change anything, but I re-installed this game already three times, always with crash at 70%

I always install clean game in order from first post, packages are downloaded by torrent

1. Install IL-2
2. DBW 4.07m to 1.71
3. change orginal #DBW to Monty27 #DBW pack, then I installed Monty27 pack in order 1 to 13 
4. Install some mods like wide view, forgotten countries, cirx pov and small font on all (all dedicated to dbw, lot of people have those mody and they works with your big modification)

Always in this order, and I always have error on 70% of missing file Bf-109f-1 and others models of Bf-109

Which mod has models of bf-109f-1/f3/f-4 1.3ATA and K-6, maybe my download package is corrupt

Funky Zefrs

« Reply #206 on: October 13, 2012, 05:48:32 AM »

First of all, since this is my first post... I think?...sorry geriatric dementia aka 'Big Al' sett'n in,
I would like to thank Monty27 and everyone else associated with the production of these mods.
Can't wait to 'nose over'!

I too have had the 70% CTD problem with part 11, and in an attempt to help my fellow 'PC Jocks'
in need here's how I got thru it.

Hx of the Build:

All 'Vanilla' no added mods. Installed and updated within hours, in fact, I havn't completed a single mission yet.

...4.07m from Amazon 1946 DVD -
...Good PROGGY...then 4.10.1m megapatch
...Good PROGGY...then UP3.0 Client
...Good PROGGY...then UP3.rc4 update
...Good PROGGY...then DBW 1.0 to 1.71 Superpack (as you can see I didn't go the 4.07m to 1.71
   F'nSuperpack due to too much forum traffic re. sfs files)
...Good PROGGY...then Monty's Vanilla #DBW folder even tho mine had exactly the same files in it
...Good PROGGY...then Montys parts 1-13 enabled with JSGME in successive order
   (however I didn't test after each).
...BAD PROGGY...70% CTD!

SO,
like 'slipper' (thanx slipper!) working backwards, I disabled 13, 12, 11
...BINGO!... Good PROGGY! ......1-10 enabled would start but 1-11 would not.

SO,
after discovering, then using 'mac1's 109 commenting trick' on the Air.ini that was in the 'jsgmemods\#DBW_Monty-11\#DBW\STD\com\maddox\il2\objects\ folder (thanks a bunch mac1!!!),.... I re-enabled part 11.
...BAD PROGGY...70% CTD...

SO,
I used 'mac1's trick' on the Air.ini in the main #DBW\STD\com\maddox\il2\objects\ folder.
Now with the 2 edited Air.ini's in their respective locations I tried again.
...BINGO!...Good PROGGY

SO,
No problem, I'll re-enable Monty part 12

SO,
12 needed the fix;
and just for good measure I decided to check the previously edited ini's.
Lo-n-behold the one in the main #DBW folder was back to it's uncommented state.
I slashed it up good again and
... BINGO!..."we're in the money!"...

So,
being the 'wiseguy' I am (...not gonna let those ini's kick my arse!), I decided to check all of'm out after re-enabling Monty 13
....BAD POGGY?...you guessed it... the main ini was back to it's old tricks

SO,
before starting the Full Monty up I edited it once again...NOW...
...the Air.ini in the #DBW of my il2 install folder,
...the Air.ini's in Monty's 11, 12, and 13 were all displaying mac1's slash'n'hack (thanx again mac1!)
...Slam Bam thank you mam!!!..."Happy days are here again...."....GREAT FREAK'N PROGGY!!!
...and like 'soldaten' before me, I can say "...I have the whole enchilada loaded."

So,
In Summary: Sumpn's F'ked UP!!! (FUBAR/SNAFU - in other words it's PERFECT! for a WWII dogfight'n!!!)
JSGME changes the Air.ini in a subdirectory of #DBW in the root after each Monty Mod enabling - which probably
is normal behavior for all I know. Log says sump'ns a miss with the 109s? Perhaps the install packs are different;
the over UP3 vs the over 4.07 F'nSuper. The downloads look good; the megs are right and the hashes match...SO?

...When will it all end?... and...
...."where do they come from? ...to fight and die...
.......these gallant few... these binary song and dance men....like Monty27,...
.........and the mac1's of the world,... and the SAS's... and all the rest?....
Why do they do it?....sacrifice themselves to help "floundering NOOBs"
....negotiate a cruel, ....dangerous.... and oft times confusing world".
.........If there is a god,.....and I know there is,
......for I have 7 fully functioning installs:
il2 1946 v4.07m,
il2 1946 v4.10.1m,
il2 1946 v4.11.1m,
il2 1946 UP3.0rc4,
il2 1946 HSFX 6,
il2 1946 DBW 1.71 and
il2 1946 Full Monty...If there is a God,
...then he/she must be ...somewhere...         anywhere...          everywhere...
...a 'Virtu-naut'... in a 'Dark Blue World' ...
...forever maintaining his energy...
...while pulling towards the 6!

Amen/Ohm Shanti Shanti

ps. mac1's slash job is a few posts back. Make sure you use it on the ini's in each of the Monty 11, 12, and 13 folders, and don't forget to use it to reset the Air.ini in #DBW folder of your main il2 install each time you enable one of those Monty's. Whew! it's hard being clear about this stuff! - I hope this has been helpful. If this is just 'plane' wrong - then my bad! Please ignore. Gerson, point your nose at the ground and give it some opposite rudder!

chupag72

« Reply #207 on: October 13, 2012, 06:27:59 AM »

I also wrote that I have a problem. Game crashes 70%. How many times have tried reinstalling the game all the time one and the same :the game crashes 70%. The log file says about the issue of the class file class: 'air.Mk6' not found then bf-109f-1/f3/f-4 1.3ATA and K-6. Only I have the problem starts with the package 6 aircraft Air_ZZBü-181. Change the name of the folder Air_ZZBü-181 on _06__Bucker_Bu-181 and add the missing class files game starts

SAS~Monty27

• SAS Team
  • Action and Adventure!
    • SPEEDMACHINE
« Reply #208 on: October 13, 2012, 07:26:03 AM »

First of all, since this is my first post... I think?...sorry geriatric dementia aka 'Big Al' sett'n in,
I would like to thank Monty27 and everyone else associated with the production of these mods.
Can't wait to 'nose over'!

I too have had the 70% CTD problem with part 11, and in an attempt to help my fellow 'PC Jocks'
in need here's how I got thru it.

Hx of the Build:

All 'Vanilla' no added mods. Installed and updated within hours, in fact, I havn't completed a single mission yet.

...4.07m from Amazon 1946 DVD -
...Good PROGGY...then 4.10.1m megapatch
...Good PROGGY...then UP3.0 Client
...Good PROGGY...then UP3.rc4 update
...Good PROGGY...then DBW 1.0 to 1.71 Superpack (as you can see I didn't go the 4.07m to 1.71
   F'nSuperpack due to too much forum traffic re. sfs files)
...Good PROGGY...then Monty's Vanilla #DBW folder even tho mine had exactly the same files in it
...Good PROGGY...then Montys parts 1-13 enabled with JSGME in successive order
   (however I didn't test after each).
...BAD PROGGY...70% CTD!

SO,
like 'slipper' (thanx slipper!) working backwards, I disabled 13, 12, 11
...BINGO!... Good PROGGY! ......1-10 enabled would start but 1-11 would not.

SO,
after discovering, then using 'mac1's 109 commenting trick' on the Air.ini that was in the 'jsgmemods\#DBW_Monty-11\#DBW\STD\com\maddox\il2\objects\ folder (thanks a bunch mac1!!!),.... I re-enabled part 11.

SO,
I used 'mac1's trick' on the Air.ini in the main #DBW\STD\com\maddox\il2\objects\ folder.
Now with the 2 edited Air.ini's in their respective locations I tried again.
...BINGO!...Good PROGGY

SO,
No problem, I'll re-enable Monty part 12

SO,
12 needed the fix;
and just for good measure I decided to check the previously edited ini's.
Lo-n-behold the one in the main #DBW folder was back to it's uncommented state.
I slashed it up good again and
... BINGO!..."we're in the money!"...

So,
being the 'wiseguy' I am (...not gonna let those ini's kick my arse!), I decided to check all of'm out after re-enabling Monty 13
....BAD POGGY?...you guessed it... the main ini was back to it's old tricks

SO,
before starting the Full Monty up I edited it once again...NOW...
...the Air.ini in the #DBW of my il2 install folder,
...the Air.ini's in Monty's 11, 12, and 13 were all displaying mac1's slash'n'hack (thanx again mac1!)
...Slam Bam thank you mam!!!..."Happy days are here again...."....GREAT FREAK'N PROGGY!!!
...and like 'soldaten' before me, I can say "...I have the whole enchilada loaded."

So,
In Summary: Sumpn's F'ked UP!!! (FUBAR/SNAFU - in other words it's PERFECT! for a WWII dogfight'n!!!)
JSGME changes the Air.ini in a subdirectory of #DBW in the root after each Monty Mod enabling - which probably
is normal behavior for all I know. Log says sump'ns a miss with the 109s? Perhaps the install packs are different;
the over UP3 vs the over 4.07 F'nSuper. The downloads look good; the megs are right and the hashes match...SO?

...When will it all end?... and...
...."where do they come from? ...to fight and die...
.......these gallant few... these binary song and dance men....like Monty27,...
.........and the mac1's of the world,... and the SAS's... and all the rest?....
Why do they do it?....sacrifice themselves to help "floundering NOOBs"
....negotiate a cruel, ....dangerous.... and oft times confusing world".
.........If there is a god,.....and I know there is,
......for I have 7 fully functioning installs:
il2 1946 v4.07m,
il2 1946 v4.10.1m,
il2 1946 v4.11.1m,
il2 1946 UP3.0rc4,
il2 1946 HSFX 6,
il2 1946 DBW 1.71 and
il2 1946 Full Monty...If there is a God,
...then he/she must be ...somewhere...         anywhere...          everywhere...
...a 'Virtu-naut'... in a 'Dark Blue World' ...
...forever maintaining his energy...
...while pulling towards the 6!

Amen/Ohm Shanti Shanti

ps. mac1's slash job is a few posts back. Make sure you use it on the ini's in each of the Monty 11, 12, and 13 folders, and don't forget to use it to reset the Air.ini in #DBW folder of your main il2 install each time you enable one of those Monty's. Whew! it's hard being clear about this stuff! - I hope this has been helpful. If this is just 'plane' wrong - then my bad! Please ignore. Gerson, point your nose at the ground and give it some opposite rudder!
Hey Funky Zefrs,

My POV is nothing personal, just logically trying to find the answer.  We still don't know why it works for some and not others.  All claim to be starting from the same place and clearly are not.  Some have their own 'fixes' others find it un-necessary.  This is NOT a common platform, which is the idea.  Instead everyone seems to grab it and twist in their own way, which was never the intent.

If something has snapped in the upload/downloads I would like to find it and fix it. 

I personally modded a half dozen people (over Skype) and more have taken it and enabled it fine.  If part of the download is busted or incomplete I would have expected nobody to get it, as with the missing part of Monty-01 at the start, before the inclusion of Part-4.

I am now going to download it as if I didn't have it at all and see if I can replicate the 70%CTD, and then find out what is missing from Pack-11, or what else could cause the error at that stage.  So, to put myself in your shoes, I'm back to square one.

Now where are those torrents...

SAS~Monty27

• SAS Team
  • Action and Adventure!
    • SPEEDMACHINE
« Reply #209 on: October 13, 2012, 08:14:16 AM »

I changed some of entries  in air.ini by log file and in this moment works fine. I  have crash at 70% and log file told me that I have problem with BF-109F-1, when I changed entries in air.ini I had next problem with Bf-109F-3, and next, and next
Now looks like this and works
Code: [Select]
Bf-109F-0         air.BF_109F0 2                                g01   WINTER
///Bf-109F-1         air.BF_109F1 2                                g01   WINTER
Bf-109F-2         air.BF_109F2 2                                g01   WINTER
Bf-109F-2U        air.BF_109F2U 2                               g01   WINTER
///Bf-109F-3         air.BF_109F3 2                                g01   WINTER
///BF-109F-4_1.3ATA  air.BF_109F413ATA 2                           g01   SUMMER
Bf-109F-4         air.BF_109F4 2                                g01   WINTER
Bf-109F-4MSTL     air.BF_109F4MSTL 2           NOQUICK  NOINFO  g01   SUMMER
Bf-109F-4Z        air.BF_109F4Z 2                                g01   WINTER
Bf-109G-1      air.BF_109G1 2               NOINFO  g01   SUMMER
Bf-109G-2         air.BF_109G2 2                                g01   SUMMER
Bf-109G-3      air.BF_109G3 2               NOINFO  g01   SUMMER
Bf-109G-4         air.BF_109G4 2                        NOINFO  g01   SUMMER 
Bf-109G-5   air.BF_109G5 2 NOINFO g01   SUMMER
Bf-109G-5AS      air.BF_109G5AS 2   NOINFO g01   SUMMER
Bf-109G-6_1.3ATA  air.BF_109G613ATA 2                               g01   SUMMER
Bf-109G-6         air.BF_109G6 2                                g01   SUMMER
Bf-109G-6_Erla   air.BF_109G6Erla 2 NOINFO g01   SUMMER
Bf-109G-6_Mid   air.BF_109G6Mid 2 NOINFO g01   SUMMER
Bf-109G-6_Late    air.BF_109G6Late 2                    NOINFO  g01   SUMMER
Bf-109G-6AS       air.BF_109G6AS 2                              g01   SUMMER
Bf-109G-10        air.BF_109G10 2                               g01   SUMMER
Bf-109G-10_Erla   air.BF_109G10Erla 2                           g01   SUMMER
Bf-109G-10C3      air.BF_109G10C3 2                             g01   SUMMER
Bf-109G-14        air.BF_109G14 2                               g01   SUMMER
Bf-109G-14AS      air.BF_109G14AS 2                             g01   SUMMER
Bf-109K-4         air.BF_109K4 2                                g01   SUMMER
Bf-109K-4C3       air.BF_109K4C3 2                      NOINFO  g01   SUMMER
///Bf-109K-6         air.BF_109K6 2                                g01   SUMMER
Bf-109K-14         air.BF_109K14 2                                g01   SUMMER
OK, I'm still not busted but some are, some are not. 

All those who made it first time appear to be, usually, the 'old hands', people who probably had DBW since the beginning, well over a year ago and before the consolidation of aircraft slots.

Is it possible that later installs of the DBW Superpatch to 1.71 differ from earlier ones?  All of the ini entries mentioned by macias13_84 are not present in DBW 1.71 and are not modded in later by me.  Therefore they must have been re-enabled at some stage and this has not adversely effected all users.

Could it be that the missing slots are not present at all in later versions of DBW 1.71?  This would require examination of the sfs files themselves, but it seems like this points towards a solution.  There has to be a difference here because NONE of these aircraft are modded after Monty-10 but the INI entries for them do appear after that.

Firstly then, my apologies to macias13_84, you were looking in the right place after all, although it seems we have turned up with a problem not anticipated at all.  Still, that is the nature of such problems and I am man enough to admit that I didn't see this at all.

So, solutions.  For those who do not have the missing bf-109s coded into their DBW sfs files the Air.INI alterations here ARE a suitable solution.

I will make up a single INI patch to drop in after activation that will fix the issue once and for all, or a new INI patch for each of the packs Monty-11 to Monty-12, Monty-13.

Or redo the uploads, but we do now have a solution.

chupag72- This may be your solution too.

Thanks to Funky Zefrs to.  Damned if I know how those old slots were re-activated in the later packs, but they are not DBW standard or tied to mods, or particularly necessary.  No wonder we tripped up over this one, but boy am I pleased to find the culprit.  Look for a more coherent SOLUTION (its 01:00am here in South Australia) later the next morning and thank you all for hammering away at this until we cracked it.

To Restate then: Monty-01 to Monty-10 ROCK SOLID STABLE WORKING- Then Small Air.INI patch after Monty-11, will post on front shortly.

Simon(Monty27)

chupag72

« Reply #210 on: October 13, 2012, 08:33:46 AM »

Thank you very much. And your build I liked very much. Very good work.Thank you for your work and your patience

CWMV

• Kalashnikov connoisseur
  • Modder
  • A free people ought to be armed and disciplined.
« Reply #211 on: October 13, 2012, 08:39:22 AM »

When I get home tonight ill dl a new dbw install and see if I can replicate the error.

Funky Zefrs

« Reply #212 on: October 13, 2012, 09:35:17 AM »

Thanks again Monty27 for all the work of putting this monster together - eeegads, umpteen levels of abstraction from the dvd,
thousands of files to keep track of - dependencies, hierarchies, builds, order - I mean,... it's a nightmare!...or
...well... great fun!

I'm getting a perverse sense of satisfaction these days from detangling PC problems
- Don't know why, perhaps it's because some of these code recipes have more 'hair' than I do.
Hey and it's more fun than cross word puzzles - can't fire 30mm cannon with those! Ha!

Actually I think I'm finally taking a wise mans words to heart - can't remember who it was... Aurelius, the Buddha, Rasputin...
- somebody like that said: "an inconvenience is an adventure misunderstood" - HALE-Fricken-ALUYA!

What I really wan't to know is how mac1 engineered that comment job on those 5 entries in that huge AIR.ini
....Howdydodat? This stuff's a mystery to me and unlike a lot of knowledge the more I learn the more magical it becomes!

Anyway, it's only a matter of time - you or one of these binary ACE's around here will stick their guns on it
- whether it's a classfile in some forgotten nook or bit table on 3p server - it will go down in flames!

In the mean time - Hang in there, Man!
..."No good deed goes unpunished"... sorry, I'm hearing this a lot these days in this neck of the woods.

Meanwhile I'll be looking forward to 1.8 & the F'ken Full Monty Pack!...

...I think I'm goin to mosey on back and see if I can't get that Corsair off that Jeep Carrier's deck!
...Will one of you creative geniuses please mod a catapult for that Corsair or change the FM so it's less snap happy?
Thanks,
Zef

saab ja26

« Reply #213 on: October 13, 2012, 12:06:08 PM »

same here. Kept getting the dreaded 70% ctd. As soon as I adjusted the 109 entries as mentioned above I got the whole shibang working. Awesome work by all on this.
Ryzen 5 2600/Wraith Prism, 32GB RAM, Gigabyte B450 Ds3h RGB, 8gb Radeon RX 580 4TB HDD

SAS~Monty27

• SAS Team
  • Action and Adventure!
    • SPEEDMACHINE
« Reply #214 on: October 13, 2012, 04:31:32 PM »

:P OK, the fix for Monty-11/12/13 is up and the rogue INI entries will disappear in any case by Monty-14, which I just tested, works perfectly and contains more lovely goodies.  Those who fixed this themselves and pointed it out to me were not always received with open arms.  I hope you can understand where I was coming from and appreciate that despite the disparity and mysterious CTDs we did not abandon you or go quite.

Instead we have, good naturedly I think, butted heads until the issue was solved for all, which was my goal.

GOOD WORK - For those interested, finding this issue was down to reading the LOG file after the CTD, after which, remming the Air.INI entries solved the CTD.

CREDIT FOR THIS PARTICULAR MONTY FIX - Goes to those applied this method with persistence and were good enough to post here, despite the fact that I was seeing something else entirely and getting conflicting reports.

chupag72
Gerson
macias13_84
mac1
saab_ja26
Funky Zefrs

Hope we are still friends...
 :)

nuke11

« Reply #215 on: October 13, 2012, 05:15:20 PM »

First post, just wanted to say thank you for the fix! It is now working correctly on my install.

I have noticed somethings so far on my install at least.

If you watch the intro "movie" the Zeros have there landing gear on top of the wings, which kind of looks like this "movie" is actually a render from the installed aircraft as I seem to remember reading a post in this thread about this problem being investigated.

When I do an F3 flyby I don't have any engine sound. Not sure how to fix this one.

When I fly the Spitfire PR XIX CRP only 1 set of the propellers are spinning. Not sure if this model is finshed and should have both sets working.

I'm installing the TFM by JSGME does the "monty_root" and "forgotten_countries_full". I'm enabling the packs and other DWB mods with the Total Modder 1.3RC if this information helps.

Again thank you for the fix and the hard work involved with this mod.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 ... 101   Go Up

Page created in 0.077 seconds with 26 queries.