Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: redko's PTO repaints  (Read 27712 times)

agracier

• Modder
    • The Great War in a Different Light
Re: redko's PTO repaints
« Reply #12 on: May 04, 2010, 06:02:05 PM »

Je meurs d'envie de voler dedans ...

Fantastic looking textures.

viking4570

• Modder
« Reply #13 on: May 05, 2010, 08:41:03 PM »

Hello redko, I find all your work to be very impressive, but this especially so.  It looks really nice.  check your PM's - cheers -viking

redko

« Reply #14 on: May 08, 2010, 11:21:56 AM »

New calmer textures, more sandy, less rocky. I was working to improve low flight rendering for textures, those i found for this map aren't so good in region covered by google earth. So i'm testing on puting 'tga,2' on load.ini for all textures to get better quality, and if it solve in part the problem of low flight resolution in textures, it also make appear some patterns at hight altitude.  :(

So i really have to paint meter by meter to make this looks better. Soon pics of field and urban textures.

a crater covered by sand and dust

New sandy textures

Mick

• Modder
« Reply #15 on: May 08, 2010, 11:36:38 AM »

..'tain redko, toi aussi quand tu t'y mets tu fais pas semblant !!

Je suis sur le cul là tant c'est beau ...

Moi qui adore voler au dessus des déserts je suis comblé ...  :P

redko

« Reply #16 on: May 08, 2010, 12:38:31 PM »

..'tain redko, toi aussi quand tu t'y mets tu fais pas semblant !!

Je suis sur le cul là tant c'est beau ...

Moi qui adore voler au dessus des déserts je suis comblé ...  :P

Yep  ;).
And as an addict to Bf109 you'll see, it's gonna be fun to play the map with desert camo.

By the way, we will need a big Afrika Korps campain for this map and Viking's one.... ;).

Boelcke

« Reply #17 on: May 08, 2010, 12:41:31 PM »

the first pic looks extreeemly realistic - it´s getting better and better ... well done m8 looking foreward to it :)

redko

« Reply #18 on: May 08, 2010, 01:41:23 PM »

Thanks.

What a shame that Bir Hakeim is so badly textured on google earth.....

agracier

• Modder
« Reply #19 on: May 08, 2010, 02:17:41 PM »

What a shame that Bir Hakeim is so badly textured on google earth.....

I don't think I've ever been able to find a texture on Google earth that corresponds to the area I've made a map for ... GE is full of great terrain but somehow you have to look all over the place, like in India or Mexico for jungle terrain for New Guinea, in Pakistan for mountains to use, in Hawaii for 'olive tree' orchards for Spain, in Lebanon for fields to use in China and so on and so on ... ha ha.

redko

« Reply #20 on: May 09, 2010, 06:31:25 AM »

I don't think I've ever been able to find a texture on Google earth that corresponds to the area I've made a map for ... GE is full of great terrain but somehow you have to look all over the place, like in India or Mexico for jungle terrain for New Guinea, in Pakistan for mountains to use, in Hawaii for 'olive tree' orchards for Spain, in Lebanon for fields to use in China and so on and so on ... ha ha.

Yep, agree with that. We have to make compromises  ;)

Last pics from Bir Hakeim and fields in Tobrouk region work.

I'm looking for typical fields textures on the coast of the map, specially for Tobrouk sector.
There will be be tree.tga textures later like the channel map.

And this is for Bir Hakeim. I was trying to find a texture able to characterize better the place, with maybe bomb craters and tire tracks showing the intense activity of the region (and fights)....but i'm not convinced by the result for the moment...i post it anyway to let you see this...what do you think about that  :???:  :???:

I you have ideas guys just post  :)

agracier

• Modder
« Reply #21 on: May 09, 2010, 07:52:35 AM »

I you have ideas guys just post  :)

For the Chaco map, I once made bombed terrain, by extracting bomb craters from textures from a Malta map (I think) and then superimposing the bomb craters on the same textures as used in adjacent areas ... looked quite decent ...

Mick

• Modder
« Reply #22 on: May 09, 2010, 10:42:47 AM »

... guys there should be a rule here at the maps topic : no more than one nice new map a week !!

'cause you know regular folks like me, with only one brains and two hands, really sweat like there was no tomorrow in a vain attempt to keep up with all those exquisite beauties our map modders constantly pour in ..!!  :P

From time to time I am "lucky" and can't install a new one, like Mr.O's magnificient Tunisia map but generally I somehow manage to install all those other sweeties, and that ain't a good thing folks 'cause I then spend more time DLing and installing than flying !!  ;D

THX a bunch guys !!

@ Agracier : please think of going to bed from time to time mate ... ::)

agracier

• Modder
« Reply #23 on: May 09, 2010, 10:54:45 AM »

... guys there should be a rule here at the maps topic : no more than one nice new map a week !!
@ Agracier : please think of going to bed from time to time mate ... ::)

Ha ha ... well soon I'll be gone for the summer, with no decent machine to work on, and only intermittent Internet connectivity ... so from June till beginning of September I won't be posting much in the way of maps ... that's also maybe why I want to get them finished now, before I leave ...

And also this comes from my way of making maps; very sloppy habits maybe, but I start on one map, get to a point and start on something else, do another and and start on yet another. Sooner or later they get finished, often several seemingly at once ...
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6   Go Up

Page created in 0.08 seconds with 27 queries.