Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 ... 38   Go Down

Author Topic: Share a screen Cliffs over Dover  (Read 114478 times)

kaxII

• Modder
Re: Share a screen Cliffs over Dover
« Reply #252 on: December 10, 2012, 11:49:58 AM »

I vote bottom it looks more authentic  8)

TarJak

« Reply #253 on: December 16, 2012, 11:56:18 PM »

CWMV

• Kalashnikov connoisseur
  • Modder
  • A free people ought to be armed and disciplined.
« Reply #254 on: December 17, 2012, 12:34:16 AM »

Verhängnis

• Unofficial Heinkel Fan
  • Modder
« Reply #255 on: December 17, 2012, 12:57:12 AM »

This is why they called it the "Collectors Edition", because it was a unique, limited release! :D And it loves to collect dust! :D

VF111Sundowner

• Virtual Ninja!
  • Why can't everything be Rocket Propelled!
« Reply #256 on: December 17, 2012, 05:48:38 AM »

Ok this probly is the wrong place for this but I gotta ask...

All all these screens from an unmodded game? well outside the obvious pink JU-88 and various skins and photoeffects.

What does it take to run it at those levels of detail? How broken is the game really? are the patches working on correcting the problem?

I'm getting really interwested in getting CloD but swayed away by the "broken" aspect and power requirments. and coments from CWMV (no offense but you seem to a strong oppent to CloD at this time).

Just want to be informed.

Verhängnis

• Unofficial Heinkel Fan
  • Modder
« Reply #257 on: December 17, 2012, 06:11:14 AM »

IL-2 Sturmovik (as we know it) is dead. Pro tip; don't buy the left over stock. ;) Save your money for Battle Of Stalingrad content. :)
To be honest, it's certainly not 'stable' enough to be considered the definition and since the project is dead, I think you'll get bored rather soon.

bomberkiller

• Treffen sich zwei Jäger...!
  • Modder
  • Bf-109G-6/R6 = Bomber Killer
« Reply #258 on: December 17, 2012, 06:47:56 AM »

Save your money for Battle Of Stalingrad content.

Yes Sir, that's a pro tip!

;)   :)
FAC N° 9 ...cheers mein Schatz

santobr

• Modder
  • Senta a Pua!
    • F
« Reply #259 on: December 17, 2012, 07:45:23 AM »

Well, it is very cheap now.
If you have a good machine... :P

santobr.

LuseKofte

« Reply #260 on: December 17, 2012, 08:11:35 AM »

I love to fly clod, for the scenery. it is too few campaigns. on my rig 2,8 i7 2 x nvidia 480 gtx 6 ram the sim fly without any problem. itgot sometimes a delay on controls but not as often. Low flying over london under big ben is better than FSX the dogfight is very realistic. Worth the money it is indeed. Not what I payed for it, but for what it cost now, I would buy it.
For those not fancy clod, I prefer not having repetitive negativity. We know what the general opinion is. This section is for those who like to fly it

bolox

• Modder
« Reply #261 on: December 17, 2012, 02:42:03 PM »

All all these screens from an unmodded game? well outside the obvious pink JU-88 and various skins and photoeffects.
Pretty well all look to be unmodded to me- though some are from earlier versions , which had alot of very cool stuff regarding lighting. These have been toned down/ removed in later patches to increase fps/ enable users of less powerful rigs to run it.

What does it take to run it at those levels of detail? How broken is the game really? are the patches working on correcting the problem?
Yes it needs a pretty powerful rig, a good gpu with 2gb and a decent cpu, preferably as fast as possible, is a good start if you want to turn on all the graphic options, even then you may struggle in certain situations. Turning down a few options can make things very playable at little graphical loss.
I would not recommend it to anyone with a laptop.
 Screen resolution can be a big factor also- don't expect to run 3 screens without a supercomputer.
What rig have you got?
Amy specific worries feel free to pm me

How broken is subjective- there are alot of things that could be alot better, some can be worked around.
 If you can put aside any preconceptions that it'll work EXACTLY like IL2 (or any other sim) it can be enjoyable- I think this is one of the biggest problems some users have IMHO
All work by the dev team is over, period. (though it remains to be seen if anything significant happens with modding ;) )

At the end of the day you could have a glimpse at Oleg's vision of what might have been for ~ the price of a pint
Of course, I'm totally biased  ;),

BravoFxTrt

• "BIGFOOT"
  • Modder
  • Flying Ass Clown #13
« Reply #262 on: December 17, 2012, 07:07:03 PM »

Bolox thanks for the bravomis, I only flew for a short time as I had to re command my Joy Stick, some how I lost my previous settings. When I get my Controls settings back to the way I like them Ill go for a all out flight.

she sure is a pretty Bird.
MSI R9 280X 6GB x2/Crossfire /ASUS M5A99FX PRO R2.0 Mobo/AMD FX 4170 Bulldozer 4core CPU/RAM Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB/ Corsair RM 1000WATT PSU/Windows 10 Enterprise 64bit

BravoFxTrt

• "BIGFOOT"
  • Modder
  • Flying Ass Clown #13
« Reply #263 on: December 17, 2012, 07:23:56 PM »

i just realized when I had to reformat because of Starforce and LockOn I lost ALL of my Skins that Iv collected in the past couple years, dammit.
MSI R9 280X 6GB x2/Crossfire /ASUS M5A99FX PRO R2.0 Mobo/AMD FX 4170 Bulldozer 4core CPU/RAM Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB/ Corsair RM 1000WATT PSU/Windows 10 Enterprise 64bit
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 ... 38   Go Up

Page created in 0.077 seconds with 28 queries.