Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12   Go Down

Author Topic: Clash of Eagles, Dedicated Mod DCG BoB Campaign for SAS Dark Blue World  (Read 43011 times)

Semor

• IL2 without Mods is possible,but senseless!
Re: Clash of Eagles, Dedicated Mod DCG BoB Campaign for SAS Dark Blue World
« Reply #96 on: April 05, 2012, 04:54:49 AM »

Thanks Semor, ein bischen unterstutzung hilft viel...  :) aber wo ist den der Paul!?  ???

No problem. Wo ich helfen kann helfe ich gerne. Nur den Erklärbär für Komplexe Sachverhalte auf Englisch überlasse ich besser mal dir.  ;D  Den Paul hab ich auch gefunden:

https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,24661.msg252313.html#new

mac1

• Modder
« Reply #97 on: April 05, 2012, 01:29:04 PM »

Funny cos im having the exact same issue... doesnt freeze but once i click generate it hangs for 5 seconds and then stays on the same screen with nothing generated. I reinstaleed everything completely fresh today all the way up to dbw1.71 so my install isnt the problem :( is there a log specific for dcg?

Slink

• Cosmetic to some; to others a nightmare! - Merlin
« Reply #98 on: April 05, 2012, 03:29:28 PM »

Yes, dcgerror.txt in the main IL2dcg folder, may give a pointer to the problem, which must be something like " no active campaign" or something similar.
The DBW install is unlikely to be the problem, and if it's put as a complete package in jsgme mods as designed there shouldn't be a problem, probably more to do with the DCG generation sequence.
Install the package into jsgme (do not move anything manually) and enable.
Open DCG and set the 3rd party campaign option, make sure you select the campaign in your Missions directory, not the one in jsgmemods (though it should still work even then...).
Close DCG (do not use the globe to select a campaign) and open IL2.
Go to campaigns, choose nation etc, the usual procedure.
If IL2 cannot then find the campaign to generate then there's probably something wrong with the 3rd party campaign set up in DCG, as it's not generating the campaign files correctly, if at all. Open DCG and see what it shows, campaign name with pic or standard pic with "no campaign active" message. Check if there is an incompletely generated campaign in Missions/campaigns/NationID/CampaignName, or nothing at all, might give us a place to start. I'll try and recreate the same error here, I'm good at screwing things up...

mac1

• Modder
« Reply #99 on: April 06, 2012, 04:09:57 AM »

hey slink thanks for taking the time to respond, yeah im getting a No Campaign selected error when i try to generate the campaing in il2. when i select the 3rd party campaign data I get a "no campaign selected" screen in dcg with the "warning: no active campign" , Im not overly familiar with the program so Ive no idea what im doing wrong....

3dwa21

« Reply #100 on: April 06, 2012, 01:42:18 PM »

I've got a problem with that fantastic campaign
I installed everything like i should, started the game and created a new campaign
after loading the first mission i started in the air with an inoperable engine and all other planes exept an enemy Bf-109 (which also had an inoperable engine) were destroyed.

3dwa21

Slink

« Reply #101 on: April 06, 2012, 04:18:51 PM »

The no active campaign error means it's not set up correctly in DCG, you're trying to generate a campaign that isn't actually there. Check the instructions in the first post, the exact procedure is described in detail, and follow it step by step. Start from fresh though, disable in jsgme, disable 3rd party campaign in DCG, clean out the backup folder in your DCG install, start IL2 and delete any existing campaigns, and check in the Missions/Campaigns/Nation/folder that there are no junk directories left over, completely clean from scratch. It's not always easy using DCG at first, can seem a bit complicated at first glance but once you get more familiar with it everything is much easier. If you still can't get it to work come back and I'll do a step 1,2,3 list for every mouse click, but it's pretty much all in the instruction in post#1 already.

Starting with engines off and exploding spawns is new. Which campaign section is this? There was a post here somewhere (in one of the help sections) about engine off airstarts, and I've had it myself occasionally updating old campaigns, but never with this one, yet... I'll search for that post and meanwhile try to remind myself what the problem was and how I fixed it...

3dwa21

« Reply #102 on: April 07, 2012, 02:01:19 AM »

I already found out, what the problem was.
i made no tick at the ''Air Starts'' option.
Now it's working fine

3dwa21

mac1

• Modder
« Reply #103 on: April 08, 2012, 01:16:34 PM »

Hey Slink, feeling pretty stupdi but I tried all the steps and Im getting this new error now

[2012-04-08 20:14:46.545] Logfile = eventlog.txt
[2012-04-08 20:14:46.968] No "BoB7/" Campaign Found. Creation Failed.
[2012-04-08 20:14:46.971] Parameters processed.
[2012-04-08 20:14:46.974] Form Create Complete

Is there a windows 7 compatability issue that anyone knows of?

Slink

« Reply #104 on: April 08, 2012, 04:21:21 PM »

a Don't feel stupid, took me quite a while to get the hang of DCG at first, we all have to start somewhere.
b No, it was built in Win7.

Just loaded it up again, enabled as 3rd party campaign in DCG, went into IL2, started a new campaign, began at the beginning, and it generated the campaign without problems... so I have to assume that if the campaign shows up in IL2 then the files should have been transferred correctly in jsgme, particularly if everything else shows up too, leaving only the third party campaign set up in DCG as questionable. The error you're getting is saying the campaign files aren't there, which normally means it hasn't been enabled as 3rd party in DCG so DCG is looking for campaign files it hasn't created yet, hence the error message.

Check again that it really is enabled as 3rd party in DCG, you should get a window asking to navigate to the campaign directory (Missions/!DCG Clash of Eagles BoB 1940) and once you open this directory you should see an allcampaigns.dcg file, alone, nothing else. Double click on it or click OK, same thing, and the campaign is enabled in DCG. Then close DCG, open IL2, go to campaigns, select CoE etc, and it should then work, unless something is drastically wrong like you have DGEN active not DCG, only have one of the 2 downloads, or a download is corrupted, something is screwed up in jsgme, or you have gremlins.

Just to be sure, open DCG, open the Files menu, and there should be an entry "Optional Third Party Data Folder". If this isn't ticked then the campaign isn't enabled. If it is untick it, and go through the procedure again to make sure it's the right campaign and you don't have some other campaign enabled. Check under Mode for Off-Line Career (Full Auto Generation) and Replace Career generator (DGEN), both should be ticked.
Look in the DGEN folder for a confgb.ini file (or de), open this and see whether it points to the CoE campaign (BoB7), and the actual generated campaign files.

Pilot,RAF,York,1912
gb01
dir=missions\campaign\gb\DGen_!_BoB7pilot0   <----------- this is where your campaign files should be
Language=Russian
instant=false
BoB7 HurricaneMkIb
BoB8a HurricaneMkIb
BoB8b HurricaneMkIb
BoB9 HurricaneMkIb
BoB10 HurricaneMkIb

Go to this directory and look inside, should be a load of files. If there are only a few then the campaign isn't generating correctly for some reason (usually an error in the campaign, but we already know it works). If there is a squadrons.dcg file in there, you may have to reset the active campaign in DCG, can happen. Open DCG again, click on the little folder icon, opens another window asking for the squadrons.dcg file, point it in the right direction as above and again double click on the squadrons.dcg file, this will tell DCG to use this as the active campaign if it got lost somehow.

Otherwise, well, apart from from coming over there and looking at your screen it's hard to say, but everything points to it not being enabled as 3rd party in DCG...

Still, I'll update the files and put it all into an exe file and reupload, (hang on a bit) but you'll still have to set up DCG yourself of course.

Peroni

« Reply #105 on: April 09, 2012, 10:42:51 AM »

Slink thank you for the reply.  Reinstalled the whole campaign and still have the same problem.  Here is the DGN log file.  I suspect something is not right here? 

I will play with it some more later tonight.

[2012/04/09 12:47:36.312] Parameter String0 = C:\Program Files\IL2 1946 DBW\IL2 1946\DGen.exe
[2012/04/09 12:47:36.328] Parameter String1 = de
[2012/04/09 12:47:36.328] Parameter String2 = 6
[2012/04/09 12:47:36.328] DCG.ini processed.
[2012/04/09 12:47:36.328] Loaded messages processed.
[2012/04/09 12:47:36.343] Game version checked [1946].
[2012/04/09 12:47:36.343] Game version includes IL2AEP [True].
[2012/04/09 12:47:36.343] Game version successfully set up.
[2012/04/09 12:47:36.343] Begin Parameter Check
[2012/04/09 12:47:36.359] Setting new log file date.
[2012/04/09 12:47:36.359] Game Path = C:\Program Files\IL2 1946 DWB\IL2 1946\
[2012/04/09 12:47:36.359] Finding configuration file to determine log file name.
[2012/04/09 12:47:36.359] Logfile = eventlog.lst
[2012/04/09 12:47:36.890] No "BoB7/" Campaign Found. Creation Failed.
[2012/04/09 12:47:36.890] Parameters processed.
[2012/04/09 12:47:36.890] Form Create Complete

Slink

« Reply #106 on: April 09, 2012, 11:17:41 AM »

A quick flash of possibly misguided inspiration, looking at your game path...

C:\Program Files\IL2 1946 DBW\IL2 1946\DGen.exe

Now this actually is a Win7 issue, installing IL2 (or games, or anything...) to Program Files is highly NOT recommended, as Win7 has a tendency to prevent anything in there being altered, as an anti user/virus security measure... which means if you transfer and overwrite files (like with jsgme) it will often as not reject it and put everything back as it was... on the other hand all the screens etc do show up, so maybe not, but it would be a good idea to move your install to somewhere more "reliable"... equally if DCG is installed in and writing to Program Files you may have to set it to use Administrator rights so it can actually do anything... which is always a good idea, but does standard DCG work anyway..? Could be worth a try shifting the install out of PFiles, usually helps with a lot of things generally... I switch off all the Win7 crap as soon as I install, going back to the old GUI being the absolute first thing before it drives me nuts, and it's so much smoother afterwards... you can do all this fairly quickly using GodMode, just make a directory on your desktop and copy/paste this in as the folder name:
GodMode.{ED7BA470-8E54-465E-825C-99712043E01C} including brackets, but don't play with anything intricate, I'll have to pay HG to come here and fix it...

mac1

• Modder
« Reply #107 on: April 09, 2012, 11:59:01 AM »

Thanks Slink! 100% a windows 7 fault, moved out of programfiles and voila. once again thank you for the time to troubleshoot this! Now time to play! :D
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12   Go Up

Page created in 0.069 seconds with 26 queries.