Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 6   Go Down

Author Topic: C.U.P.- Module 03 - World at War Pt-20  (Read 31320 times)

SAS~Monty27

• SAS Team
  • Action and Adventure!
    • SPEEDMACHINE
C.U.P.- Module 03 - World at War Pt-20
« on: February 03, 2016, 09:22:49 PM »

C.U.P. DESIGNED TO ERADICATE IL2 UNCERTAINTY!

C.U.P. WORLD AT WAR PART-20

RESTORE POINT INSTALL TYPE: 
Make sure you are up-to-date to WAW Part-19 from previously.

1) JSGME DISABLE everything

2) In your Main Il2 directory rem out (rename with a -) your current #WAW to -#WAW .

3) UnZIP/UnRAR 'C.U.P. WORLD AT WAR PART-20' direct to your Il2 Main Directory and allow overwrite.

4) ENABLE JSGME Options to taste.

5) Delete old -#WAW  at your convenience.

AIRCRAFT UPDATE:

This is the last aircraft update for the time being.  The new ships are currently under testing and will comprise the next major WAW update.

Blohm and Voss Bv-237-A1, Version 2.0 mikoyan99
https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,38541.0.html

One of mikoyan99's first mod projects (all of her sisters are already in C.U.P.) he once stated that for a game called 1946 it could do with a lot more of the Secret German Projects (SWOTL's).  I agree and he has since given us many more of them.  The Blohm and Voss Bv-237-A1 is particularly impressive in C.U.P. though.  There is a lot of other FMB material to back it up and it comes with a fantastic variety of loadouts as well.

TB_1_ANT_4 series (beta) Mission_Bug and Bison_M
https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,39984.0.html

TB_3M17 and 3M34 series (beta) Mission_Bug Bison_M and SAS~Storebror
https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,39987.0.html

This superb series of projects aired in The Golden Age but is equally at home here in World at War.  The twin engined variants are wonderful and now we have one of the largest floatplanes ever built.  Flying it is pretty easy though.  She is tough as old boots and can't wait to get airborne with those wings like barn doors.  I particularly like the enclosed cockpit versions and that picture of Stalin over your shoulder -  'Big Brother is watching you!'

TB_4_ANT_16 (beta) Mission_Bug and Bison_M
https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,39986.0.html

D.3800 and D.3801 Swiss Morane variants CWatson
https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,41764.msg469602.html#msg469602

With a distinctly Gallic flavour to these next aircraft addons the French flightline is further rounded out.  It is almost at the point where the French aircraft should have their own section in the Air.ini and planelist.  The opening invasion of the 'Low Countries' is now well catered for in terms of maps and equipment.  Some of the stellar campaign makers of recent years have covered the period previously.  Now it is time to get those old campaigns out, dust them off, and give them the full treatment. 

Only a C.U.P. install has the power to fully enhance the old campaigns to their full potential, and then share them across a common platform!  There is stuff in here that most users don't even know about.  But the newest C.U.P. campaigns will surely blow your mind!

Dewoitine D.520 by F_Red Catsy
https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,42984.0.html
Now we have two versions of this aircraft available.  I do like Freddy's cockpit.  However, Ranwers D.520 is also excellent.  Can't we have both?  Of course we can.  Presenting:  D.520 C1 (Freddy's mod) and D.520 S (Ranwers 3d and Freddy's Cockpit).

The two different models are designated D.520 S (for série – production) and the D.520 C1 (for chasseur – fighter, single-seat).

Static Aircraft models:
Thanks to Mission_BUG once again, we got 'em all!

FIXES AND MAINTENANCE:
Bloch MB.152 - Updated FM! MrMoonlight
https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,46477.0.html

This is a great Flight Model for the MB.152 that improves performance in a few vital areas without over-doing the whole thing.  This fine enhancement makes the aircraft more of a favourable proposition for the player to take on.  I enjoyed flying this.

F1M Pete Field Mod WIP ver 1 Zip Comic
https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,35901.0.html
Finally got the hang of these.  Zip Comic did a series of addons, he called 'Field Mods', which made changes to existing mods.  I was never sure, at the time, is this a new model or a new option?  With more research, reading and experimentation I have come to appreciate his work.  In particular the AI Gunners for some of the key floatplane mods are superb and definitely belong in there as 'standard' features.

Seebee's Cockpit for Wild catfish and improved damage model Vlara
Upgrades incorporated in latest WAW70.SFS.

WAW Tartenmuche PBN Fix
PBN Bombsight restored by Tartenmuche incorporated in latest WAW70.SFS.

henkypenky mirror correction on the Aboukir Spitfire Vb and Vc:
Fixes incorporated in latest WAW70.SFS.  The Spitfire MkVb Trop, 1941 is incompatibile with these fixes.  However, a JSGME Option, provided alongside this download, will enable you to load the cockpit for it when required.

Improved Kingfisher
FM and 3do update based on Zip Comic's Field mod which also adds the AI gunner.  The AI Gunner is effective and can kill most fighters with a clear shot.  Unfortunately the Kingfisher can't take sustained hits and a pair of fighters, or more, will mean real trouble for you.  We can still launch from the Iowa too, thanks to the retro fitted EngineMOD in #WAW.  Boost back up to SASEngineMOD2.7+Western's patch using JSGME when you get tired of flying off the Iowa.

Hats off to the magnificent Malone for this superb new Kingfisher skin.  Holy Toledo that looks good from any angle!  Grab it from the link below, say a big thank you to SAS~Malone and lets hope he makes more of these too.

OS2U of BB North Carolina  SAS~Malone
https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,50277.msg548915.html#new

ISSUES:
The Kingfisher could use a fix for the forward sight.  However, its no dogfighter and the sight is not crucial to its role.

The modified Tupolev Series Bombers are picking up a bit of planeshine on the wheels.  We will be looking to fix that issue.

NEW JSGME OPTIONS:

#WAW_Config03-Blenheim MkIV
Frazer Nash Field Mod by Zip Comic
This is the Blenheim MkIV with heavier calibre rear top turret and rearward firing chin turret.

#WAW_Config03-Blenheim MkIVF
Frazer Nash Field Mod by Zip Comic
This is the Blenheim MkIVF with heavier calibre rear top turret and dive bombing capability.  The belly gun pod is removed to open up the bombay and go back to a bomber with a 20mm cannon choice.

READ THE NEW C.U.P. MANUAL V7.0

UNDERSTANDING CUP
The best Sims and RPGs often have a 'Strategy Guide'.  C.U.P. is no exception:  Learn what it is, where it came from, what it does and how to get the best from it.

Be sure to check out the new 8 page section on 'Understanding CUP'.  Many questions are answered with good reference information and things you should know.

Learn more about the C.U.P. collection for Il2 Simulator enthusiasts. 

THE NEW C.U.P. MANUAL V7.0
https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php?topic=49964.msg546300#msg546300

MODDING ON TOP OF THIS SET:
With the level of content now present in 'World at War' we advise caution with adding more content.  The rules for most addons are written for vanilla installs and do not take into account the sheer quantity of content in C.U.P.

Your MOD FOLDER for World at War is #WAW:  We advise mods should be tested in separate folders within this structure.  Load new classfiles at the top of the order and check for conflicts and duplicates.

CUP CLASSFILE BLACKLIST:
4B598398AD1D180C - (Seafire loadout breaker)
08447B2E29097EB0 - (Seafire loadout breaker)
AAF46F6E19676E80 - (Yak-7 Spawn breaker)
2E1ADF6EDF8A6C64 - (TD's every other Liberator breaker)

Don't let these guys in...

SPECIAL INSTRUCTIONS FOR ALL OF C.U.P:
Delete ...Il2/SFS_MAPS/CUPSOUNDS.sfs.
Obselete file actually needs to go completely.
Applicable to all C.U.P. Modules.
No negative effects from deleting this file.

The sounds in WAW are fixed to the point that default now works well and no aircraft fail to load for lack of soundsets.  Tiger33's Flyby sounds are un-affected by any changes.

SAS COMMUNITY UNIVERSAL PATCH - C.U.P.
All mods in CUP are thoroughly credited.
CUP SFS-Mod integration is not 'theft' of mods.
SAS does not condone or practice restrictive modding.

WAW PART-20 DOWNLOADS:

C.U.P. WORLD AT WAR PART-20.ZIP
https://www.mediafire.com/?6t54o4te467b035

Spitfire Vb TROP2.ZIP
https://www.mediafire.com/?t3s6k01kn99k1aw

Re-instate Spitfire MkVb Trop, 1941

Install:

After Installing C.U.P. WORLD AT WAR PART-20.ZIP
UnZIP/UnRAR straight to Il2 main Directory.

This will re-instate the Spitfire MkVb Trop, 1941 in your air.ini and provide a JSGME Option to load the cockpit for it.  This leaves it free at all times for the AI to use and doesn't mess up your other Spit-Pits.  However, if you want to fly this aircraft yourself - JSGME Activate #WAW_Config03-SPIT Vb to load the cockpit.

SAS~Monty27

Peter Lynn

Re: C.U.P.- Module 03 - World at War Pt-20
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2016, 12:21:42 AM »

Thank you Monty! Another superhuman effort! I can barely keep up with your rate of production. Really looking forward to the ships update...

Peter Lynn

SAS~Monty27

• SAS Team
  • Action and Adventure!
    • SPEEDMACHINE
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2016, 12:26:02 AM »

Thank you Monty! Another superhuman effort! I can barely keep up with your rate of production. Really looking forward to the ships update...

Peter Lynn

Well this should clear the decks, so to speak.  All the fixes for all the issues we could find.  This is as steady and stable as WAW has ever been with more in it than ever.  Let's see how people get on with this and get ready to go nautical!

OberstDanjeje

« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2016, 01:08:52 AM »

Bro, please stop, I can't follow CUP that much ;)
Thanks for all your effort, CUP is amazing!!!!

SAS~Monty27

• SAS Team
  • Action and Adventure!
    • SPEEDMACHINE
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2016, 01:36:49 AM »

Bro, please stop, I can't follow CUP that much ;)
Thanks for all your effort, CUP is amazing!!!!

Have to change your tag-line my friend... 8)

Mission_bug

• Modder
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2016, 06:38:27 AM »

Hello Simon, thank you very much for this latest update, ready to install and test, greatly appreciated. 8)

Just something I would like you to add to the credits if you would please with regard to the TB 1 project, without
the intervention of SAS~Storebror those twin engined types would not have been possible. 8)

It was Mike who engineered the java and made the FM, if I remember correctly he also did some hier work to make
the whole project come together, without his timely intervention I would still be wandering aimlessly in the dark looking
for solutions I would never have found. ;) 

Maybe it should be listed as his and Alex's project, I just tinkered at the edges.

Take care.

Wishing you all the very best, Pete. ;D

Dimlee

« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2016, 09:58:13 AM »

Do you ever sleep... ;)
Thanks a lot!

Gaston

• Modder
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2016, 10:02:45 AM »

Thanks a lot, Monty ! but... when do you have time for yourself, man ? be careful ! too much working is illness !

But now, more seriously : as I saw you add the JSGME option for the Blenheim MkIV (not F) with chin turret, I tried it... but no go : the bug mentioned in the thread about it still remains : guns are moving to the enemy, but not shooting, and when I take the upper turret, and fires the gun, no ammunition.

taraboulba

« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2016, 01:34:40 PM »

Hello Monty, Hangar19 & SAS1946

Thanks to all of you for your great work!

Kind Regards