Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: South Vietnam retextured by WhiteCat - Download now v. 1.0  (Read 23647 times)

WhiteCat

• Modder
Re: South Vietnam retextured by WhiteCat
« Reply #12 on: July 17, 2013, 07:16:06 AM »

Oh btw Max I had read your last post but not seen the pictures, they look amazing, very cool palm trees indeed!!!

max_thehitman

• SAS~Area51
  • Modder
  • Beer...Girls...IL2+Mods!
« Reply #13 on: July 17, 2013, 10:09:07 AM »

OK Whitecat, I am back after doing a few tests on my maps. I have already created a nice mud/dirt road
that may be useful for your new jungle and Vietnam maps, also great for WW1 maps which there were still many
dirt roads around. These are all seamless textures in one single little skin-file  ;) So no need to have many
different files and skins.
I placed a few well placed "alpha holes" around the borders and in the middle of the road, so the background
map land texture will be seen through on the road. 
Depending on where the road will be passing through, the effects will be surprisingly very nice. You can either have a
look of a little grass growing in the middle of the dirt road or on the sides of the road or more darker mud-like texture if
 the road passes through some darker terrain land , or even water puddle effects if the road passes through an area on
the map where there is some water.
So it is an "all-in-one" great road texture for many IL2 maps which call for dirt roads.
I have made this texture a little reddish in color so as to match better the Vietnam map textures, but it also looks cool
in a WW1 map.
Check out the screenshot I have posted in the forum... https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,3623.msg392185.html#msg392185
I donĀ“t want to start posting pictures here. It is your map project.
Please show us more pictures of your cool map.

Check your PM box mail.
I am sending you these to you right now

Everything I like is either illegal, immoral or fattening ! Welcome to SAS1946

WhiteCat

• Modder
« Reply #14 on: July 17, 2013, 11:14:48 AM »

Excellent!!  Thanks Max! ;D They show very nice flying low:

And they blend very well flying high disappearing soon:

I'll take a look to the texture file to see if I can play further more with it  ;)

WhiteCat

• Modder
« Reply #15 on: July 17, 2013, 11:54:00 AM »

And with 33% of transparency: Still is very faint for mission builders but it blends perfectly: For a strike from a plane, you can tell anyway where's the road because the textures, and no jigsaw anymore! :)

max_thehitman

• SAS~Area51
  • Modder
« Reply #16 on: July 17, 2013, 12:32:20 PM »

That looks very cool to my eyes.
If your going to release the road skin with transparency, please give it another name
or a number at the end, so that way, it will not mix with the other road textures we
already have in our game folders and might spoil the other maps they were created for.
This will be your personal road skin-mod for your original Vietnam map  :)
Have fun with your new map! I will be looking forward to flying over it one day.

Cheers
MAX

BTW - I almost forgot to ask, please ADD many palm trees around the coastline and river deltas.
There are no palm trees on the other vietnam maps.

WhiteCat

• Modder
« Reply #17 on: July 17, 2013, 05:16:51 PM »

No probs Max, I'll treat it as a new road :)

Regarding palm trees, I think I don't have time to add static objects enough (plus it would be very taxing for the FPS :( ) but....

I'm very excited, I've come up with new tropical auto popup trees!!  ;D  They aren't exactly palms, but I think they look more tropical than the boring typical Alteredbush; it's my first version and still I'm learning but here we go some screenshots, please let me know what you think fellas!

'Central Park' in Saigon from afar

Nearer

Close-up

Integrating with the rest of the forest. You see some spikes, those are the 'spruce' type (clearly non tropical) which I've taken the foliage off but the trunk I can't make it disappear. For the moment let's imagine they are palms without leaves because the napalm  :D

In the middle of the countryside

In the mountain (shit, looking at the trees I crashed :) )

SAS~Tom2

• SAS Honourable Member
  • no sweat
« Reply #18 on: July 17, 2013, 06:03:05 PM »

Alex, I really like your WIP.. ;D
Awesome alternative flushy look.
I also love those details like new auto popup trees and the new roads by Max, :)

There is also a new set of palmtrees by UP~Boomer, here..

https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,35205.0.html

They look quite nice on some tropical maps-. :D

Great job there. :-*

For your problem with high res mod:
I recommend to use the SAS Hi Res mod along with carsmaster's easy version of the Lights in IL-2 mod.

Here I summed up some links and tips for that, really not so much to read. :P

https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,35780.0.html

E.g.
Once you have the easy version of Carsmaster's mod:
https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,14789.0.html

You only need the SAS Hi Res mod, and only the ..."right version for your game activated in JSGME (or manually put in the Mods / #DBW / #UP# etc. folder)..
Then carsmaster's mod, especially the DII files...normally, that should work as well.
"

"do not use the DIIs from the download (the default Hi Res ones) mixed with others, I'd try
carsmaster's light download only.
5 DII files for the main install and the mod folder for your Mods folder. YOu only need the classfiles from it. Make sure to get the right version for your game version (4.09m or 4.101 etc-seems the mod also works in 4.12..).

Cheers

WhiteCat

• Modder
« Reply #19 on: July 18, 2013, 12:20:29 AM »

Excellent Tom, many thanks! Boomer's trees look awesome!!! I'm going to learn more about how these trees and textures work.

WhiteCat

• Modder
« Reply #20 on: July 18, 2013, 06:00:41 AM »

Welcome to Nam...

WhiteCat

• Modder
« Reply #21 on: July 18, 2013, 06:56:20 AM »

LOL :P Amazing film!

max_thehitman

• SAS~Area51
  • Modder
« Reply #22 on: July 18, 2013, 07:52:07 AM »

And your map is looking amazing too! I like that jungle scene. Very nice. Reminds me of the Deer Hunter and
Apocalypse Now films.
Keep up the fine work on it.

I was looking at land textures from Vietnam photos just a few hours ago. To see if the dirt is more red in color or
has some particular color. I notice it is a little bit more red in color than the dirt road I have sent you, so I am
changing the color of my roads to better fit into your landscape coloring.  Looking at the first screenshot you posted with the
airplane flying low over it, it seems a little bit out of place with that color.
I will send you a new road texture in 5 minutes ...

WhiteCat

• Modder
« Reply #23 on: July 18, 2013, 10:54:04 AM »

Thanks mate! I think I'll make that the 'Highway' and no 'Road' at all :) Trees are doing very nicely, expect some surprises :P I give you a clue, you're going to need to tweak the 'Polar bear' and create a new object, 'Panda bear' :D
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6   Go Up

Page created in 0.067 seconds with 26 queries.