Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Inside the 'Stang  (Read 2673 times)

Mick

• Modder
Inside the 'Stang
« on: July 22, 2010, 03:28:20 PM »

Rjel

Re: Inside the 'Stang
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2010, 06:43:10 PM »

Pretty cool. Thanks for posting that. I placed my view where I imagined the pilots view might be looking over his shoulder. It was not as constricted as I imagined. Not like a bubble canopy I imagine but certainly not completely blind either.

WhoDatNotSayin

« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2010, 10:05:00 PM »

placed my view where I imagined the pilots view might be looking over his shoulder.
Er, no. This P-51 has clearly had its pilot's armour taken out, and a rear seat fitted. The view backward from a standard early P-51 would be much more restricted.

RGA

« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2010, 12:12:03 AM »

Very nice.
One small question, there's one sign saying: "Move stick forward to unlock tail wheel" and on the other: "pull the stick fully backward on take off". Does it mean that there's an automatic mechanism to lock the tail wheel using stick?

michel_boonstra1974

• Modder
    • Michel's video corner
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2010, 12:47:56 AM »

Very nice pic, gotta love these kind of FP interactive views.

Mick

• Modder
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2010, 02:21:04 AM »

Very nice.
One small question, there's one sign saying: "Move stick forward to unlock tail wheel" and on the other: "pull the stick fully backward on take off". Does it mean that there's an automatic mechanism to lock the tail wheel using stick?

It looks like this was the case, and I believe other birds had the same trick, like the 190s, take a look at what Claymore has just modded (last bottom post)

https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,6087.30.html

stansdds

« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2010, 05:17:31 AM »

Very nice.

Yes, North American might have been the first with this, the P-51 was the first to have this feature, then later production T-6's.

Rjel

« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2010, 07:59:53 AM »

Er, no. This P-51 has clearly had its pilot's armour taken out, and a rear seat fitted. The view backward from a standard early P-51 would be much more restricted.

So it has. From the perspective of the rear view I was using, I thought I was looking around the armor plate. Never saw the second seat.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.089 seconds with 29 queries.