Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Black and white effect from Flare  (Read 325 times)

Dark_Hornet19

Black and white effect from Flare
« on: April 27, 2024, 04:37:20 AM »

Greetings everyone! Do you get the same effects from the flares at night or is there something wrong with my graphics? I wanted to do a night mission with flares, but I ran into this black and white effect. The same in BAT. I use standard IL-2 4.12 with SAS Modact and IL-2 BAT 4.2.2

Dimlee

Re: Black and white effect from Flare
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2024, 12:36:55 PM »

I did some night missions with earlier versions of BAT (pre-4.0, I guess). I was pretty sure that it was not black and white.

Knochenlutscher

• Flying Ass Clown #10
  • Modder
  • aka Segfej
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2024, 05:22:07 AM »

I was responsible for the Swordfish weapons Upgrade.
The Flares are stock, unchanged.

Look up here why

In Weapons.ru all these can be named simply Flare, when they are not the same.

This brutal flare is called BombGunParaFlareUK/BombGunParaFlare used in the Original Swordfish assembly.
To my knowledge no changes where due to this stock inventory.

Andy and me had a discussion over Flares, we found out doing alternative Loadouts and drilling out Cream of the Top
look and search what may suit everybody's liking is a pain in the ass literally. Some simply showcase the Game Engine capabillities,
it's not Cyberpunk or Halo, and we can't overpolute the Loadouts for god's sake. Who should sit here excavate every Flare and type the necessary Weapons.ru for it.
Flare brutal, Flare Medium, Flare soft (really?)

Question, the Swordfishes and Albacores representing these Loadouts were long in the WIP section to be tested, excavated.
Long enough for everybody with conceirns to BlaBla.

https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,66807.0.html

I'm no Effect Master, maybe ask someone skilled to tackle this crap Stock piece of candle.

Best wishes
Tobias

Wiseman : "Did you speak the exact words?" Ash : "Look, maybe I didn't say every single little tiny syllable, no. But basically I said them, yeah."

Whiskey_Sierra_972

• Modder
  • In memory of my beloved hero: Saburo SAKAI!
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2024, 07:32:41 AM »

Hi!

Maybe an expert like WxTech could give his opinion about....

Anyway the templates are no more available to download , the planes still yet....

Knochenlutscher

• Flying Ass Clown #10
  • Modder
  • aka Segfej
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2024, 09:20:55 AM »

This Thread is getting better and better.

Simply change ParaFlare to whatever Flare you want or edit the cod.
It's not that hard.

Waiting for the Rant police. DummDiDummDiDumm

Wiseman : "Did you speak the exact words?" Ash : "Look, maybe I didn't say every single little tiny syllable, no. But basically I said them, yeah."

Knochenlutscher

• Flying Ass Clown #10
  • Modder
  • aka Segfej
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2024, 10:03:07 AM »

BTW. the bitter taste of such flamboyant Threads is, boarderline habbit, discrediting of old respected Mods.

https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,14919.0.html

This Black and White Effect is no Glitch, claiming this is very unpleasant.
The Modders intention with the Weapon is preserved in BAT.
A minority disliking it will not force us to leave our path.

You don't like a Mod, don't use it. Who is forcing you.

My only wish, keep your balls flat, reconnaitre a lil bit deeper before calling for a glitch.
Get to know our past better, if you came 11 Years too late, it's not our Problem,
if you missed 2 Years to chant a out a wish, it's not our problem.
I will make sure Docholiday's Mod will be preserved in any official BAT Update.
What you do privately is not our conceirn.

That was no rant, but a friendly reminder. I hope we have no issue over this.

Best wishes
Tobias

Whiskey_Sierra_972

• Modder
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2024, 11:50:13 AM »

Hi Tobias!

I hope you don't take my post as an offence because it was not the case and my language barrier doesn't allow me to understand your reply feelings....

I was only saying that WxTech is agreat expert about effects and relative textures and maybe could tell if this b&w effect is normal or it could be improved by editing some java code....this thought isn't related with the quality of the mod that is for sure good and fully usable....

About the link you provided I was only poniting that the aircrafts link is working while the links for the 2 template are not....

If I ever bothered or offended you please accept my sincere apoligize and please be aware that it wasn't absolutely my intention!

Sorry for the misunderstanding.....

Whiskey_Sierra_972

• Modder
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2024, 01:41:58 PM »

Anyway as I dislike to write without test I have tested the Swordfish flare in my BAT 422HF4....

What seem from the flare dynamic is that the high lumen source flatten the colors below it....I think that could be historically correct as flare have a white light that in cotrast with night could give a b&w perception....

Here a couple of screen from Finland BAT QMB , summer map , red none , 02:00 , plane height 500mt....

Moreover in night low light the shadow projected from the objects between POW and FLARE make the dark seem more black by contrast....

https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.usarcent.army.mil%2FNews%2FArticle%2F2094395%2Fus-kuwait-artillery-light-up-the-night-sky%2F&psig=AOvVaw1SenChiMKNztgty7NvqUDe&ust=1714419549614000&source=images&cd=vfe&opi=89978449&ved=0CBIQjRxqFwoTCODF_9jU5YUDFQAAAAAdAAAAABAT

WxTech

• Modder
« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2024, 08:35:41 AM »

If the lightpointactor is set to be quite intense and the assigned color is pure white, oversaturation can indeed give a B&W appearance. But in the outer periphery of the light spot, where the intensity is much lower, the landscape textures should exhibit some color.

It's worth pointing out one unfortunate aspect of this scheme of the light source as implemented, the layered forest is not illuminated along with the underlying terrain; the forest remains 'black'. I wonder I this might be the result of the lightpointactor being placed on the ground--or even beneath--and hence not be able to shine on the upper surfaces of the layered forest textures. I'll have to look into that.

Oh. I'm hardly an expert; I am a unibrowed, knuckle-dragging Neanderthal!  ;)
Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people. - Hyman Rickover (but probably predating his use.)

Whiskey_Sierra_972

• Modder
« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2024, 10:22:22 AM »

Thanks for your look at how the flares are managed!

Maybe this could be useful:

http://www.bits.de/NRANEU/others/amd-us-archive/FM20-60%2870%29.pdf

Is the US Army FM 20-60 about battlefield illumination.....

Anyway I have to point that for pure evolutive ages reference , if you coages Neanderthal I can date myself at Ardipithecus level....

:D
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.084 seconds with 25 queries.