Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: My driveable Jeep is not working  (Read 311 times)

WxTech

• Modder
My driveable Jeep is not working
« on: April 22, 2024, 08:38:54 PM »

I just tried out for the first time the driveable Jeep (with and without .50) included in my B.A.T. 4.0 game. At spawning the thing does a rollover crash and the game is over. An error says hook Engine1ES_01 is not found. I tried adding such a hook, but to no avail. The new error is

INTERNAL ERROR: HierMesh: Wrong chunk idx (-1, N:19). I note that my newly added hook in CF_D0.msh is 19th (and last) in the list.

I looked at the model in the mesh viewer. What a mess! For starters, the nice tires are floating in the air. Not of importance, of course, is the presence of other aircraft meshes and hooks that weren't removed/cleaned up what making this new 'aircraft'. ;)

Anyhoo, where can I find a working version? I wanted to test out behaviour with my new treatment of the layered forest. If the driveable vehicles are treated as aircraft, I would need to add an exception (or other code if I want to create certain consequences) for these if we don't want them to be stopped/damaged/destroyed when abutting a forest edge.
Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people. - Hyman Rickover (but probably predating his use.)

Frankiek

• SAS Team
Re: My driveable Jeep is not working
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2024, 08:47:44 PM »

Try the kurogane maybe it will be easier to handle better than the jeep. This is also what the majority of car drivers around the world thinks

WxTech

• Modder
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2024, 09:17:19 PM »

I did in the meantime use the Kurogane. And verified that these 'aircraft' are treated like planes as regards their interaction with the forest. With my new treatment, the vehicle is rapidly slowed to a stop, with accompanying audio of the contact indicating damage accrual, and the chance of flipping over. And so for the moment I've added a line of code that bypasses consideration for the 4 classes for the driveable vehicles, allowing them to trundle unhindered through the forest.

And it sure is hard to tell when one is inside the forest from that low perspective. The sky is essentially completely unobstructed. Only when a sufficiently steep slope which is forested and is nearby can you get a clue that you might be within it.  ;)

An additional bit of code could be constructed so as to cause some slowing without damage, I suppose. But in the meantime, fear of insta-death upon the slightest contact with these formerly insidious forests will be but a memory...
Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people. - Hyman Rickover (but probably predating his use.)

Knochenlutscher

• Flying Ass Clown #10
  • Modder
  • aka Segfej
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2024, 05:03:59 AM »

Jeep + Jeep 50cal isn't crashing in a latest B.A.T. v4.2.2 Update + hotfix 4

4.0, what do you want with that outdated version?
Wiseman : "Did you speak the exact words?" Ash : "Look, maybe I didn't say every single little tiny syllable, no. But basically I said them, yeah."

Dimlee

« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2024, 02:34:18 PM »

I have no issue with a Jeep in 4.2 as well.
A wonderful aircraft vehicle. When you are bored with the usual flights...  8)

wheelsup_cavu

• Mission4Today
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2024, 08:22:57 PM »

Did you leave the parachute modeled for the driver?  ::)

Cliff Driving

Code: [Select]
Cliff Driving

https://youtu.be/_t87AAv4rvU

Wheels

Dimlee

« Reply #6 on: Yesterday at 11:54:33 AM »

This is cool, Wheels. I have to check it someday. Now I know what to do if I'm in my Jeep chased by the enemy vehicles.  8)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.076 seconds with 25 queries.