Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Disembarking crews after a crash land  (Read 229 times)

Cycle

• Modder
Disembarking crews after a crash land
« on: April 21, 2024, 06:09:55 AM »

While I was testing the airfields, I noticed that some crash-landed crews stayed in their planes although their planes were no longer able to move!
Sometimes it happens that following aircraft crash into them when landing. Would this be possible to change? Thanks! (All Mod Versions)

"Lenin sagte einmal, der ungebildete Mensch stehe außerhalb der Politik. Heute aber haben wir ein gebildetes Volk. Wie wir in den letzten Jahren handelten, bedeutete, es aus der Politik herauszuhalten. Das ist eine Mißachtung des Volkes. Das ist eine Art Elitedenken." Michail Gorbatschow

WxTech

• Modder
Re: Disembarking crews after a crash land
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2024, 01:34:01 PM »

I haven't delved particularly deeply into all the related aspects, but it's my impression that some particular condition must be met before a crew will desert the plane. For instance, they will sit contentedly until a fuel leak drains the tanks, upon which will follow an immediate departure. It's not unlike the triggering of a bail-out.

The consequence of such a departing of the plane is its subsequent disappearance from the game and its counting as a loss (I strongly suspect--not fully certain.) The pilot/crew remaining aboard is related to the plane remaining as not a loss.

It might require some tricky code changes to have crew leave while the plane remains in existence.

Again, I don't have the full picture of what goes on here. Just a surface understanding of certain aspects as I look into such matters as RTB-ing or bailing out when certain damage is incurred.

But the existing PAL mod involving jumping into and out of planes/vehicles will already have dealt with at least part of the issue.
Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people. - Hyman Rickover (but probably predating his use.)

Cycle

• Modder
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2024, 04:46:34 PM »

I can only remember that in DCG (Dynamic Campaign Generator) Missions an enemy aircraft is only counted as a loss for a squadron if it has obviously been destroyed! Aircraft that have been taken out with or without damage are not included. Apparently there is a log file text that describes the difference, I suspect "Destroyed" or Removed" which DCG reads.
"Lenin sagte einmal, der ungebildete Mensch stehe außerhalb der Politik. Heute aber haben wir ein gebildetes Volk. Wie wir in den letzten Jahren handelten, bedeutete, es aus der Politik herauszuhalten. Das ist eine Mißachtung des Volkes. Das ist eine Art Elitedenken." Michail Gorbatschow

Frankiek

• SAS Team
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2024, 04:56:06 PM »

the file that records all mission results is called event.log and can be found in the main IL-2 folder
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.068 seconds with 25 queries.