Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: French Carriers Mod.  (Read 251 times)

DEEGE

French Carriers Mod.
« on: April 18, 2024, 02:56:10 AM »

Hi,
 I have a question for  anyone who has installed  the  original  IL-2 1946 ver4.12.2m. French Carries  mod into DBW.
The readme that accompanies the mod  refers to  #SAS as the mods folder
containing the  STD files to be edited  I assume from an installed SAS modac folder
As DBW does not have #SAS folder  does this mean the #DBW STD is the folder to work with.
Also any general advice on installing the mod
Thanks for any help.
Regards
DGB.

Hubberranz

• Modder
Re: French Carriers Mod.
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2024, 06:40:00 PM »

Yes. that's it.        Your STD works the same.

Convert any #SAS as being #DBW, it is your way to go. Success however not guaranteed. Worth the try.
#SAS refers to a mod activator id, (i.e. SAS modact). Your is DBW.

One:  As a rule of thumb while installing a pack, try  on a final step to do the ship.ini activation dual entries for only one ship at a time, or very few.

I do not run DBW in my 412. But I have Clemenceau and SAMs running in my DBW /410 of old. So there is hope after all.
...or you meant a 412 mod into DBW/410. The answer remains the same.
SAMs may require prerequisites mods however: Jet war, common utilities, engine mod et.c   ..plus the SAM mods themselves.

My DBW for comparison purpose,  has:
Code: [Select]
! SAS_Common_Utils_110_any409-413
!!SAS_Engine_Mod_v26_Hotfix
!0000_Countermeasures
!SAS_Engine_Mod_4101m_v26jui
_00_1956_Core_v133_00
_SAMs v2.0
_Arms_France
SAM CrotaleSAM
SAM MistralSAM
SAM_Generic
Ship_FSClemenceauCV
..in 412.2m, just a few similar...
Code: [Select]
! ! ! eSailors__Carrier Crew v5
! ! SAS_Engine_2.7.4w_full_20170604_FullThrottleFlame
! ! SAS_Engine_Mod_GuidedMissiles_2.8.20w!
 _AerialTorpedo_class_upgraded
! _AerialTorpedoes
! 00__WeaponsPack_Gen2016_iii_20200725release
! 00_WeaponsPack_V1.3_20160923
! SAS   Common Utils_v 1,13
! SAS Common Utils_v1,9_
_Arms_France00
_SAMs v2.0
000_1956_Core_v14
000_1956_Core_v133
01__Weapons_France
Ship_ CrotaleSAM
Ship_ MistralSAM
Ship__FSClemenceauCVpack_1.30JBD
Ships are the toughest to install. Some may require other ships already in.
Second tip: save a copy of all the .ini 's  your are going to mess up. Good to fall back to some sanity after some rough times.
Third advice: do not install stationaries. Keep them as an after thought; way past your basic install, next month perhaps ?

Introduce files of mod; include installations files as well; check path is not exessive: #DBW/ ONE-title-file-of-mod-to-install-right-here/ 3Do/...
Check if game runs immediately with files duly present; conflicts or inadequate classes might emerge and save you the trouble to proceed.
Cannons and weapons are to install first, if any new is offered at all; if so offered, then search for them for already being in threre at the top of the proper .ini file.
Do your Tech.ini; do your chiefs.ini carefully; then lastly activate one by one your ship(s) ( by dual entries in the ships.ini, at two different places: line .mat first, up there; then the two lines of activation way down under.. ).
Select this final exact place with logic, to now know precisely where and after what, your new ship should appear in the sim as a selection.
Run and check if it's there. Not there is a screw up: recheck the .mat line; check proper spelling. Each character counts. Check log for clews.
Test-run each ship separately. It's a step by step approach, task by task install, only way to not fully screw up.

Good luck with your French Carriers.

After though:  ...you may install a simplest ship mod first, to try your hands at how it is done.
                     ...practice and experience of smaller deads leads to the greater challenges.

BoB

PS: Some of todays ship mods utilize HighDef skins, specially when they are imported. They require a HD mod (DLL) working in your game.
      https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,42744.0.html

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.077 seconds with 25 queries.