Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Loading quick missions  (Read 259 times)

Butchers

Loading quick missions
« on: November 09, 2023, 03:44:57 AM »

I have updated to 4.2.2 Flashpoint, I want to load quick missions to get back into the game. However in quick mission builder load is only seeing 12 missions from the 'Quicks directory' which is in the root folder, and these all give a load failed message.
I have noticed that in the 'Missions directory there are 2 folders, 'Quick' and 'QuickMBPro' that contain mission files. I would appreciate any help as to how I can get the Quick Mission load screen to see these 2 directories. I have searched for answers here but can't find any help with it.
Flying by he skin of my sausage

SAS~tsisqua

• Tsisqua Tsigawonisgi, but you can call me Bird!
Re: Loading quick missions
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2023, 07:25:33 AM »

I have updated to 4.2.2 Flashpoint, I want to load quick missions to get back into the game. However in quick mission builder load is only seeing 12 missions from the 'Quicks directory' which is in the root folder, and these all give a load failed message.
I have noticed that in the 'Missions directory there are 2 folders, 'Quick' and 'QuickMBPro' that contain mission files. I would appreciate any help as to how I can get the Quick Mission load screen to see these 2 directories. I have searched for answers here but can't find any help with it.

Hello!
  Sorry for not seeing this post for days. The missions in the QMBPro are the templates for the map locations you select from the drop-down menu. Unless you create a mission on that template, creating a scenario by adding enemy planes, friendly planes, mission type, etc., you will be flying in an unpopulated world as you probably already know. Now, some missions are in the original vanilla IL2 folder . . . but you have a (GREAT) modded version of the game. Those old leftover missions may not load because the objects, planes, and so forth are not all there in the code any longer, or have been modified. You have to create missions you like, then if you want to keep those missions you can save them and they will be there the next time you click the load button. You can also find some of our folks have created and shared their own quick missions here or at M4T.
  So to summarize, the quick mission folder contains mostly location scenarios rather than actual missions, and that is what you select when you choose a map.
  If I misunderstood any of what you are asking I apologize. But I hope that I was able to help :) .

Good Hunting!
Bird
"When you have to kill a man, it costs nothing to be polite." Winston Churchill

Butchers

« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2023, 06:12:43 AM »

I think I understand, I managed to load some of these in FMB and they open in QMB. They are Scenarios e.g. ground attack, scramble, base defence etc. you then have to choose your red and blue flights from the drop down boxes.

Many thanks
Flying by he skin of my sausage

SAS~tsisqua

• Tsisqua Tsigawonisgi, but you can call me Bird!
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2023, 11:05:53 AM »

I think I understand, I managed to load some of these in FMB and they open in QMB. They are Scenarios e.g. ground attack, scramble, base defence etc. you then have to choose your red and blue flights from the drop down boxes.

Many thanks

Exactly!
Glad to be of some assistance.
]cheers[
Bird
"When you have to kill a man, it costs nothing to be polite." Winston Churchill
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.076 seconds with 26 queries.