Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: AMD driver woes  (Read 2284 times)

Frankiek

• SAS Team
Re: AMD driver woes
« Reply #36 on: April 25, 2024, 12:11:49 AM »

When using the new drivers it is important to revert to openGL in the conf.ini if you use directx you won't have perfect mode enabled
[GLPROVIDER]
GL=Opengl32.dll

SAS~Storebror

• Editor
  • Taking a timeout
    • STFU
« Reply #37 on: April 25, 2024, 04:50:39 AM »

Anyone who hasn't updated their AMD drivers for some time and who is still on 23.x or older, should update their drivers anyway:
https://www.amd.com/en/resources/product-security/bulletin/amd-sb-6012.html

]cheers[
Mike
Don't split your mentality without thinking twice.

JamesMRaynor

« Reply #38 on: April 25, 2024, 07:32:56 AM »

I can confirm that as of driver 24.3.1 I am able to run Perfect graphics flawlessly on my 6950XT.

That being said, I tried changing the OpenGL portion to enable them initially and the settings would not take. In addition I had black oceans and various artifacting.

I reinstalled 1946 and UP 3.4, starting with a fresh config file and was able to set perfect graphics. I copied the [OpenGL] portion of my new conf.ini back into my old 1946 instance and it didn't solve the graphics issues. Copying the entire conf.ini file and overwriting the old one did fix the issues.

I had the same issue with artifacting. It's strange. Did your vanilla 1946 allowed to set perfect landscapes? Or you checked only after the mod installation?

When using the new drivers it is important to revert to openGL in the conf.ini if you use directx you won't have perfect mode enabled
[GLPROVIDER]
GL=Opengl32.dll

I confirm I was using OpenGL as driver backend.

My card is a Radeon RX 6600M

Thx in advance

JamesMRaynor

« Reply #39 on: April 26, 2024, 08:35:31 AM »

I've just did a fresh install of IL-2 1946 and checked again I was using OpenGL as GLProvider.

I'm using GOG version on windows 11 in case it is important. I've tried out version 1.10 (Legacy beta channel) and 1.13 (no beta channel)

It just doesn't work for me. Perfect mode is greyed out. I don't understand...

The game runs great otherwise, solid fps. If I set the game to DirectX the cloud artifacting disappear, but I would like to use OpenGL and Perfect mode

Edit: Tried the Steam version as well to no avail

jg1234

« Reply #40 on: April 30, 2024, 12:44:10 PM »

Hi Folks,

I ran into another snag while playing with my AMD drivers. I have a Dell laptop and am hitting the error below. Is it safe to say this is because it's a Dell that I am stuck? Is there any way around this? Sorry if this was asked before. I searched here but didn't find it.

Error 182 – AMD Software Installer Detected AMD Graphics Hardware in Your System Configuration That Is Not Supported

Possible cause - (Customized AMD Radeon™ Graphics for original equipment manufacturer (OEM) systems)

Frankiek

• SAS Team
« Reply #41 on: April 30, 2024, 04:49:50 PM »

It seems that the only way around this would be to get GPU drivers from Dell support rather than AMD

jg1234

« Reply #42 on: April 30, 2024, 06:53:50 PM »

Thanks Frankiek. That is what I figured.

I have the conf file hardware shaders set to "1" even though in game the "perfect" option is greyed out. All in all, the game looks pretty good for my travel laptop needs.

JamesMRaynor

« Reply #43 on: May 03, 2024, 06:24:59 AM »

I've just did a fresh install of IL-2 1946 and checked again I was using OpenGL as GLProvider.

I'm using GOG version on windows 11 in case it is important. I've tried out version 1.10 (Legacy beta channel) and 1.13 (no beta channel)

It just doesn't work for me. Perfect mode is greyed out. I don't understand...

The game runs great otherwise, solid fps. If I set the game to DirectX the cloud artifacting disappear, but I would like to use OpenGL and Perfect mode

Edit: Tried the Steam version as well to no avail

Nobody else with regular AMD adrenalin and current drivers with the problem of not being able to enable hardware shaders and perfect landscapes??
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up

Page created in 0.071 seconds with 25 queries.