Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Track for IL-2  (Read 1531 times)

sgt.wingspan

• /][\[l//\
Track for IL-2
« on: July 24, 2023, 07:51:03 PM »

Hi all;

This will make headtracking an experience . All you need is a webcam. The download will include my instructions and the app. ;D
  I'm unsure if this is the right place for this thread, if not just change. 8) this post is inappropriate mistake.. deletion requested 26jul23

Also follow these on how to adjust or tweak head movements like the pitch,yaw,roll, etc. its just the same
principle. It must be well centered prefer the sight as preference. Disable roll, x,y,and z in the mapping properties. If you want to get farther view at the back of the fuselage in a slight head turn or the same with looking up and down the adjustments is on the mapping. These are
just are the highligths.
Yt

Adjustment particularly yaw and pitch, roll is disabled because its a headache and also x.y,&z[in the tutorial].
Its kinda jittery at the center.

Not far

SAS~Storebror

• Editor
  • Taking a timeout
    • STFU
Re: Track for IL-2
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2023, 11:57:57 PM »

All you need is a webcam
Please elaborate.
TrackHat is selling their own sensor and clip to get things working, and you say that it works with a webcam only? How?

]cheers[
Mike
Don't split your mentality without thinking twice.

sgt.wingspan

• /][\[l//\
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2023, 01:14:32 AM »

All you need is a webcam
Please elaborate.
TrackHat is selling their own sensor and clip to get things working, and you say that it works with a webcam only? How?

]cheers[
Mike

I dont have that  :-X someone may try as I sampled on my video. Also my usb ports are now full including the webcam. 
Not far

shardana

« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2023, 02:02:23 AM »

I’ve been using it for ages. I fly dcs Bat and il2 bos with it. Great software

SAS~Storebror

• Editor
  • Taking a timeout
    • STFU
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2023, 02:29:00 AM »

Guys this is confusing.
What is "it"?
The OP provided a custom archive consisting of a publically available image and another publically available archive of the "TrackHat opentrack" software.
I'm asking here because:
  • Why download an arbitrary version when you get the latest one from original source? https://www.trackhat.org/trackhat-opentrack
  • What is it that makes the creators say you need two dedicated pieces of hardware when you say you don't? Where's the catch?

Later, the OP added further videos to 1st post, of which at least no.2 takes reference to a different piece of software, namely the Open Source version of OpenTrack.
Note however that "TrackHat opentrack" and "Open Source OpenTrack" are two completely different beasts.

What exactly are you using?
Which hardware, which software?
Which settings?
Any guide?
What works, what doesn't? E.g. 3DOF vs 6DOF, required light conditions, required webcam hardware, any other requirements? PC? Hat? Clip? Name it.

So far I'm afraid to say that this whole thread is pretty useless to me, and I don't consider myself tech illiterate.

]cheers[
Mike

sgt.wingspan

• /][\[l//\
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2023, 07:23:52 AM »

Guys this is confusing.
What is "it"?
The OP provided a custom archive consisting of a publically available image and another publically available archive of the "TrackHat opentrack" software.
I'm asking here because:
  • Why download an arbitrary version when you get the latest one from original source? https://www.trackhat.org/trackhat-opentrack
  • What is it that makes the creators say you need two dedicated pieces of hardware when you say you don't? Where's the catch?

Later, the OP added further videos to 1st post, of which at least no.2 takes reference to a different piece of software, namely the Open Source version of OpenTrack.
Note however that "TrackHat opentrack" and "Open Source OpenTrack" are two completely different beasts.

What exactly are you using?
Which hardware, which software?
Which settings?
Any guide?
What works, what doesn't? E.g. 3DOF vs 6DOF, required light conditions, required webcam hardware, any other requirements? PC? Hat? Clip? Name it.

So far I'm afraid to say that this whole thread is pretty useless to me, and I don't consider myself tech illiterate.

]cheers[
Mike
There must have been a confused presentation as I can consider it hard to understand or whatever my English is weird. I will decide tomorrow if its meant to be as needed as there are no reaction expected from what others think. The tutorial is in the other 'beast' becuase theres not on the other [Im out of language if Im going to put it 1 by 1]
Right now Im figuring it how to be remove, if that would be unrespectful but then its the only way.
Not far

SAS~Storebror

• Editor
  • Taking a timeout
    • STFU
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2023, 08:23:55 AM »

Don't get me wrong, I'm not mad about you or anything you posted, I'm just trying to understand what is needed, what is working and what is not.

]cheers[
Mike

sgt.wingspan

• /][\[l//\
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2023, 08:52:41 AM »

Don't get me wrong, I'm not mad about you or anything you posted, I'm just trying to understand what is needed, what is working and what is not.

]cheers[
Mike
I wish you wont get mad if I request it removed, I have 2nd thoughts. Everybody makes mistakes . I just cant say what to say right but now Im okay. I used it in Great battles and improved my game in a way.. if you agreed with my request that would fulfill my 2nd thoughts.  ]salut[ I mean remove it if thats the word
Not far

SAS~Storebror

• Editor
  • Taking a timeout
    • STFU
« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2023, 10:04:41 AM »

No really come on, let's try to get this right for everyone to learn.
If you got it working, please share your experience and let us know what we need to do to get to the same result like you did.

]cheers[
Mike

sgt.wingspan

• /][\[l//\
« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2023, 12:08:31 PM »

No really come on, let's try to get this right for everyone to learn.
If you got it working, please share your experience and let us know what we need to do to get to the same result like you did.

]cheers[
Mike

Its a mistake I was lack of sleep its my fault. No words here but this is  :-[ . Free me
from my own misery.  ::(
Not far

Frankiek

• SAS Team
« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2023, 03:56:36 PM »

Really If I could find a tracker that just need a camera looking at my face without using funny gadgets I would be so happy

genXgamer

« Reply #11 on: July 25, 2023, 04:05:35 PM »

This was discussed just recently.
OpenTrack plus AITrack simply locks on to your face.

Sorry forgot you're a Win XP guy like myself.
Go in quickly - Punch hard - Get out!
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up

Page created in 0.072 seconds with 27 queries.