Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Water  (Read 736 times)

sgt.wingspan

• /][\[l//\
Water
« on: June 08, 2023, 04:20:22 AM »

Is there a chance for the color of water in the sea and river be tweak? Its just a question. Right now in BAT its more grayish brown.The pics below are photo samples. [The deeper the bluer or shallow is brownish] ::)
https://ibb.co/BLpd7hr
Not far

WxTech

• Modder
Re: Water
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2023, 05:06:24 AM »

The most direct way to make such a change is through a map's load.ini file, where the water color is set via the R, G and B color channels. Note that the texture itself is typically some shade of blue, but by altering the 3 color values one has pretty wise scope for setting a desired color.

A more global change can be effected by use of an after effects application, such as Reshade. There are a variety of  preset video colorizing enhancements which might get you nearer to your desired color palette. Of course, this impacts the entire gamut to at least some extent, and so a more limited alteration of water hue is possible without ending up with a rather radical change to the whole scene.
Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people. - Hyman Rickover (but probably predating his use.)

sgt.wingspan

• /][\[l//\
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2023, 10:10:23 AM »

The most direct way to make such a change is through a map's load.ini file, where the water color is set via the R, G and B color channels. Note that the texture itself is typically some shade of blue, but by altering the 3 color values one has pretty wise scope for setting a desired color.

A more global change can be effected by use of an after effects application, such as Reshade. There are a variety of  preset video colorizing enhancements which might get you nearer to your desired color palette. Of course, this impacts the entire gamut to at least some extent, and so a more limited alteration of water hue is possible without ending up with a rather radical change to the whole scene.

Glad to know about this. This was also explained here `https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php?topic=69721.0'
So I can try this by changing the color codes. ]salut[   
Not far

Thrasher

• I don't drive fast...I just fly low
    • bluejay squadron
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2023, 02:30:27 PM »

I happen to be (born) English and am very familia with the English channel.

One of many things that impress me about the BAT game is how water is displayed.  The English channel for instance is extremely realistic.

Dimlee

« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2023, 12:07:52 PM »

Just to note. Photos can be misleading. Two bottom photos from that link are good examples. I suspect that colours would be different from a different angle of view.

sgt.wingspan

• /][\[l//\
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2023, 02:27:32 AM »

Just to note. Photos can be misleading. Two bottom photos from that link are good examples. I suspect that colours would be different from a different angle of view.

Actually the two pics below are different places than the two above. Its much shallower and the camera is not really high above on the pics below but may also vary from time taken. I wish to change my map on Channel map but sadly I have to do it on a map creating program and save it again as edited but I dont have such knowledge and that its a question which leads to an information :-X
Not far

Dimlee

« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2023, 10:41:00 AM »

Actually the two pics below are different places than the two above. Its much shallower and the camera is not really high above on the pics below but may also vary from time taken. I wish to change my map on Channel map but sadly I have to do it on a map creating program and save it again as edited but I dont have such knowledge and that its a question which leads to an information :-X

What I mean is that light reflection can change the colour - how we see it from our point of view. And then, of course, water depth, time of the day and light conditions in general, water transparency, etc.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.079 seconds with 26 queries.