Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 14   Go Down

Author Topic: WxTech's Effects Pack v1.6 for B.A.T and 4.12  (Read 11442 times)

WxTech

• Modder
WxTech's Effects Pack v1.6 for B.A.T and 4.12
« on: March 05, 2023, 12:01:03 PM »

UPDATE #4, Mar 15, 2023:  I inadvertently supplied two versions of Bullet.class, in which I had altered the behaviour of ricochets against land and water. This is hashed class
  8D6CE2FE0EE939B2

The correct one is located in the main effect folder,
  !0_WxTech_Effects_v1.6_ALL-game-versions

The one located in
  !0_WxTech_GUN_classes_ALL-game-versions
should be deleted. (If my main effect folder sits above the GUN classes folder, the correct one would be used already.)

What I changed in the ricochet behaviour is to make the speed not decrease so much as it could before, because a very slow ricochet retaining the same long tracer line looks utterly bizarre. (If only we could make tracer line length scale dynamically as the speed!) Also, the range of angle of dispersion from water hits has been reduced as compared to land hits. And the water ring effect has been made smaller than for a non-ricochet hit (mainly so that the small calibre bullets don't make the same large splat as for larger calibre hits.)

The archive has been updated accordingly.

================= END OF UPDATE #5=================

UPDATE #5, Mar 16, 2023:  I have just noted a user-reported error in which my new "Vehicle" type of House object is not included in the list of allowed "House" type objects. This tells me the 3 hashed classfiles for House.class, compiled very recently, might have inadvertently been of the older v1.5 version of House.java. Or it could be due to some other end user cause. Just to be safe, this little update comprises those correct 3 classfiles, which are taken from my own working install. Drop into the main effects folder, overwriting those already there.

If you are not seeing in log.lst the following error, there should be no requirement to update these classfiles. Especially if you've edited any static.ini entries to the new body type, "Vehicle."

Allowed body types are:WoodSmall,WoodMiddle,RockMiddle,RockBig,RockHuge,FuelSmall,FuelBig,Flesh

Readme file included.

I've also updated the main effect pack archive with these correct files, for those who've not yet downloaded the full mod.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/884sw33jq68kzwa/Corrected_House_class_for_Effects_v1.6.7z/file

================= END OF UPDATE #4=================

UPDATE #3, Mar 7, 2023:  For those who prefer flak bursts (particularly the smaller stuff) to be more visually prominent, I've made up an alternate set of effects. Readme file included.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/uiqpv98s5vcslw6/Alternate_WxTech_v1.6_Flak_effects.7z/file

================= END OF UPDATE #3=================

UPDATE #2, Mar 5, 2023:  I had overlooked to update the Guncam tracers properly in this pack. They are now correctly integrated into the main "Effects_v1.6" folder. Also updated are the gun classfiles in both of the "GUN_classes" folders. Note that now you will require to select one or the other of the GUN classes folders; you don't need both. This means all game versions will utilize 8 of the 12 folders. If you have my recently released Guncam Tracers Mod, you should delete it. The readme file has been updated, and reproduced below:

You may still require to have the Gear.class, as supplied immediately below in UPDATE #1.

================= END OF UPDATE #2=================

UPDATE #1, Mar 5, 2023:  An early report of gear retraction upon mission start on the ground when using the gear damage mod suggests to include Gear.class, in which I've also made a few little changes. Here is the link to just this Gear.class, for the 3 main game versions. A readme file is included:

https://www.mediafire.com/file/udpqfm5xw6qcrr4/%25210_WxTech_Gear_class_for_Effects_Pack_v1.6.7z/file

================= END OF UPDATE #1=================

Get the full v1.6 Effects pack here:

https://www.mediafire.com/file/fa4eq1bj436eoy7/WxTech_Effects_v1.6_for_BAT_and_4.12.7z/file

From the included and updated readme file:

WxTech Effects pack, v1.6
=========================

This mod pack completely supersedes any earlier version (up to v1.5). As for v1.5, this one pack serves for ALL 4.12 and B.A.T. game versions; you pick the folders appropriate to your game version. More below.

To see what has been changed, review the file, "!_Changes all versions.txt".

###########################################################################################

FIRST.

If you already have version v1.5 of my effects pack, I recommend a COMPLETE replacement due to the fact of most content having had alterations made in the interim.

My recent Guncam tracers and increased bullet live time mods are included here.

I recommend to run classcheck.exe after installing, to see where any potential classfile conflicts might crop up.

###########################################################################################

In this compilation I have the folders named so that it should be clear which ones apply for your installation. To make this selection simpler, I list below the folders to select and copy over into your mods folder (e.g., #WAW3, #SAS, etc.) based on your game version. In all instances, you will be selecting 8 of the 12 available folders.

The CRUCIAL folders are:

- "Effects_v1.5"
- "AircraftState_classes"

The others are less important, and can be omitted if you have some other desirable mod including their resources, or if you are suffering errors/conflicts which require their removal.

#1) For B.A.T. 4.1.2 and later:
------------------------------
  !!!0_WxTech_GUN_classes_BAT-BSMU
  !0_WxTech_AircraftState_classes_BAT
  !0_WxTech_Full_Throttle_Smoke_Mod_BAT-4.1.2+
  !0_WxTech_BigShipGeneric_classes_BAT-4.1.2+
  !0_WxTech_PAL_Tracer_Smoke_ALL-game-versions (requires to add entries to conf.ini)
  !0_WxTech_ROCKET_classes_BAT
  !0_WxTech_TRAIN_classes_ALL-game-versions

#2) For B.A.T up to 4.1.1:
-------------------------
  !!!0_WxTech_GUN_classes_BAT-BSMU
  !0_WxTech_Full_Throttle_Smoke_Mod_to-BAT-4.1.1
  !0_WxTech_BigShipGeneric_classes_BAT-to-4.1.1
  !0_WxTech_PAL_Tracer_Smoke_ALL-game-versions (requires to add entries to conf.ini)
  !0_WxTech_TRAIN_classes_ALL-game-versions (may? require to install the New Train Mod*)

#3) For 4.12 modact WITH the Engine Mod installed:
-------------------------------------------------
  !0_WxTech_Full_Throttle_Smoke_Mod_to-BAT-4.1.1
  !0_WxTech_BigShipGeneric_classes_BAT-to-4.1.1
  !0_WxTech_TRAIN_classes_ALL-game-versions (may require to install the New Train Mod*)

#4) For 4.12 modact WITHOUT the Engine Mod:
------------------------------------------
  !0_WxTech_AircraftState_classes_4.12-modact
  !0_WxTech_Full_Throttle_Smoke_Mod_to-BAT-4.1.1 (May or may not work)
  !0_WxTech_BigShipGeneric_classes_4.12-modact
  !0_WxTech_ROCKET_classes_4.12-modact
  !0_WxTech_TRAIN_classes_ALL-game-versions (may require to install the New Train Mod*)

Each of the folders enumerated above has its own readme file.

* The New Train Mod is included in B.A.T., but for 4.12 you can find it in this thread:
  https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php?topic=40779.0

I recommend to install my Ships Fix mod, available in this thread:
  https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,67914.0.html

Further notes:
=============

If you are using vpmodpack, consider it a 4.12 game, and choose based on whether you have the Engine Mod installed or not. It's been reported to work for some, but not for others. In the end, the specific array of mods in use will play a role in compatibility...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Depending on how the various folders are named in your mod folder, there's a chance you may have to alter the prefix characters in my folder names. Currently, this prefix is "!0_" for all except the one starting with "!!!0_" (so assure it sits highter so as to take precedence). A simple way to move folders higher in an alphanumerically hierarchical listing is to add additional "!" characters. For instance, my "!0_" could be changed to "!!0_", or "!!!0_" to move the folders higher in the listing. The reason for this is to assure that the modded classfiles contained herein are read before any stock or other modded classes having the same name.

I can't recommend too highly a handy utility called classcheck.exe. You place it in your game's root folder. When you run it, it will generate a listing of all possible classfile conflicts in a file called "doubleon.txt". Where doubled (or tripled!) classfile entries are identified, it's up to you to choose how to proceed, mainly by selecting the version of the class to give priority to and moving the folder containing it higher in the listing. That's the simplified overview; things can get more fraught when you have a great many mod folders containing in total a great many classes.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There's no guarantee that your game will be happy with all these classfiles. If you are experiencing problems, you could try a process of elimination. Obviously, the most important folder is

You could start with just this by itself to begin with. If this one can't be made to work, all the other folders are superfluous. If success obtains with this, proceed by adding folders one at a time. In pretty much decreasing order of importance:

Full_Throttle_Smoke_Mod_classes
  AircraftState_classes
  BigShipGeneric_classes
  Train_classes
  GUN_classes
  PAL_Tracer_Smoke
  ROCKET_classes

This pack is a collection of at least 8 (more than a dozen, actually) individual mods. There's no reason you have to keep these all separate. If you're comfortable with file handling in Windows, and you're familiar with the mod folder structure, you could combine all these folders into one, thereby reducing the total number of mod folders you have to deal with. If you do so, the natural folder to combine everything into is the fundamental, crucial folder

But that's completely optional, of course.

This pack includes the following additional mods in the main Effects folder (along with a readme providing more info, "!_Readme Effects v1.6.txt"). None are crucial to operation, although the House.class mod makes a notable difference in variety of effects for destroyed stationary objects:
- Zip.class, or lightning in thunder weather.
- House.class, which controls effects for destroyed stationary objects.
- TankGeneric.class and CarGeneric.class, introducing new ground dust for tanks and cars.
- Wreckage.class, controlling the behaviour of parts of a destroyed plane.
- Bullet.class, controlling behaviour of ricochets on water and ground.

In many of the sub-folders there will be found various readme files and such, which will provide insight into what does what, as well as, in certain instances, instructions for further customizing. Particularly for the tracers. Explore! With very nearly every possible effect-related file now at your disposal, you have the power to start modding, if you've not yet dipped your toe into these addictive waters.

As always, this work is offered for use by any and all, for any purpose, without restriction.

WxTech
Mar 5, 2023
Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people. - Hyman Rickover (but probably predating his use.)

pied

Re: WxTech's Effects Pack v1.6 for B.A.T and 4.12
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2023, 01:57:56 PM »

Aloha Glenn!

Downloaded and installed on BAT, most current version.   Have a problem with starting a mission, The Zulu Stabbers campaign, with v1.6 installed aircraft start with retracted landing gear and ends mission, works fine with v1.5.

Pied

WxTech

• Modder
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2023, 02:17:38 PM »

Is this specific to a certain plane, or a more general problem?

It suggests an issue related to the gear damage mod...
Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people. - Hyman Rickover (but probably predating his use.)

pied

« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2023, 02:28:43 PM »

I've only tried the new effects package with the one aircraft, a mk1b typhoon, and only the one mission.  I'll try re-enabling the newest effects and try another aircraft/mission.   I'll get back to you shortly....

pied

« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2023, 02:34:28 PM »

With the v1.6 effects enabled, and the Gear Damage Mod removed, missions start normally.

Pied

WxTech

• Modder
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2023, 02:50:20 PM »

Here's a little experiment to see if the gear issue is resolved with the gear damage mod enabled.

It's just for the latest BAT (4.1.2 and later), for the moment; if this works I'll supply Gear.class for other versions.

Because v1.5 worked with the gear damage mod, but now v1.6 does not seem to like the gear damage, I'm not holding out high hopes.

It would be useful to see if log.lst points to any related java error.

Let me know if this does the trick or not...

https://www.mediafire.com/file/6jg4xi43t4f82dq/%25210_WxTech_Gear_class_BAT-4.1.2%252B.7z/file

pied

« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2023, 02:58:54 PM »

I'll give it a try and let you know shortly!

Thanks, Pied

pied

« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2023, 03:05:26 PM »

Glenn, looks like that does the trick, at least for the two aircraft I tried! Both the Typhoon and the Hurri-Bomber started with gear extended....

Thanks for all you do!

Pied

I've got to say that for a self described 'poo slinging' java chimp you are impressively talented!

WxTech

• Modder
« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2023, 03:08:57 PM »

You're too kind, but I appreciate the praise--however misplaced.  ;)

Compared to the bright sparks hereabouts, I am truly a knuckle-dragger.

pied

« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2023, 03:11:52 PM »

I've discovered another wrinkle in the process, if I disable the "guncam tracers mod", the gear up problem returns.....

Pied

WxTech

• Modder
« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2023, 04:01:42 PM »

Ahhh.. It looks like the Guncam Tracers Mod must be retained. I didn't get around to adding this material; I just knew I'd end up overlooking something!

The Guncam Tracer Mod is available in this thread, if anyone doesn't have it installed:
  https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,70315.0.html

I'll do a proper update of the main effects pack to include this, and will advise once done...

Old_DaD

• Fully engaged in the war on senior moments.
« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2023, 04:30:21 PM »

I've d/l and installed all the BAT 4.1.2 folders as per instructions.
On testing, I've got the dreaded pink plane crashed or nose up in the middle of nowhere.
Log list section:

ERROR [com.maddox.sound.SamplePool@32b8e0] Cannot load sample pool: motor.CartridgeStart
INTERNAL ERROR: Can't open file '3do/effects/tracers/TEXTURES_GunCam/red_curve_7mm.mat'
WARNING: object '3do/effects/tracers/TEXTURES_GunCam/red_curve_7mm.mat' of class 'TMaterial' not loaded
INTERNAL ERROR: Material: Can't load '../TEXTURES_GunCam/red_curve_7mm.mat'
Mission error, ID_04: com.maddox.il2.engine.GObjException: Mesh 3do/effects/tracers/7mmRed/mono.sim not created
com.maddox.il2.engine.GObjException: Mesh 3do/effects/tracers/7mmRed/mono.sim not created
   at com.maddox.il2.engine.Mesh.<init>(Mesh.java:419)
   at com.maddox.il2.engine.MeshShared.<init>(MeshShared.java:37)
   at com.maddox.il2.engine.MeshShared.get(MeshShared.java:27)
   at com.maddox.il2.engine.GunGeneric.loadProperties(GunGeneric.java:375)
   at com.maddox.il2.engine.GunGeneric.set(GunGeneric.java:466)
   at com.maddox.il2.engine.GunGeneric.set(GunGeneric.java:435)
   at com.maddox.il2.objects.air.Aircraft.weaponsLoad(Aircraft.java:3090)
   at com.maddox.il2.objects.air.Aircraft.weaponsLoad(Aircraft.java:3053)
   at com.maddox.il2.objects.air.Aircraft.load(Aircraft.java:2662)
   at com.maddox.il2.game.Mission.loadAir(Mission.java:1324)
   at com.maddox.il2.ai.Wing.load(Wing.java:143)
   at com.maddox.il2.game.Mission.loadWings(Mission.java:1095)
   at com.maddox.il2.game.Mission._load(Mission.java:667)
   at com.maddox.il2.game.Mission.access$600(Mission.java:124)
   at com.maddox.il2.game.Mission$BackgroundLoader.run(Mission.java:412)
   at com.maddox.rts.BackgroundTask.doRun(BackgroundTask.java:155)
   at com.maddox.il2.game.MainWin3D.loopApp(MainWin3D.java:108)
   at com.maddox.il2.game.Main.exec(Main.java:422)
   at com.maddox.il2.game.GameWin3D.main(GameWin3D.java:235)
ObjState.finalize: Object of com.maddox.il2.objects.weapons.MGunMAC1934 NOT destroyed

Tried various aircraft and all suffer same fate.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 14   Go Up

Page created in 0.107 seconds with 27 queries.