Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: can´t get 360 controller to work on il2  (Read 244 times)

Austral

can´t get 360 controller to work on il2
« on: March 04, 2023, 04:33:43 PM »

Hey there:) hope u re all good:)

as the title says i can´t get my joystick to work, il2 setup show that´s all good

but when i enter to the game it show this:

why is it happening? already tried everything to make it work

thanks!!

BlackAce7727

• BAT, UP, DBW
  • Skinner
  • Clown #77
Re: can´t get 360 controller to work on il2
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2023, 12:38:22 AM »

Morning Austral,

Well.. as someone who uses an Xbox One game pad for his flying I'll give you a few directions. :)

Firstly if your Xbox 360 pad is USB that's not an issue as it should be compatible and automatically recognise it as Xbox is effectively Windows, however some PC's don't recognise them which is a brainfart.. ::) The second option is buying a wireless Xbox controller with a dongle which comes with it, that's the way I use one.

Lastly don't fire up IL-2 before the controller is active as it won't work.. there are many times where I've started IL-2 before turning the controller on and I've had to quit and start again! :))

All the best,
B.A
Let the victor be justice...

Austral

Re: can´t get 360 controller to work on il2
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2023, 08:58:49 AM »

Morning Austral,

Well.. as someone who uses an Xbox One game pad for his flying I'll give you a few directions. :)

Firstly if your Xbox 360 pad is USB that's not an issue as it should be compatible and automatically recognise it as Xbox is effectively Windows, however some PC's don't recognise them which is a brainfart.. ::) The second option is buying a wireless Xbox controller with a dongle which comes with it, that's the way I use one.

Lastly don't fire up IL-2 before the controller is active as it won't work.. there are many times where I've started IL-2 before turning the controller on and I've had to quit and start again! :))

All the best,
B.A

Hey there! i wasn´t complete honest, i´m using a ps5 controller (with dual sense) the problem got fixed when i used the wire instead of wireless, i could configure everything except for the circle, it shoots by default and i can´t unbind it lol
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.072 seconds with 27 queries.