Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 21   Go Down

Author Topic: Italian pilots  (Read 24276 times)

Epervier

• 4.09 Guardian Angel !
  • SAS Team
  • I'm French and Rebel_409! Nobody is perfect!
    • Some tinkering here
Re: Italian pilots
« Reply #24 on: May 31, 2022, 04:28:08 PM »

So, when I get Bat loaded up into quick mission, and select (for example) an
Mc-200, the select button will flash, but the plane will NOT load!?
LOG ?
If your results do not live up to your expectations, tell yourself that the great oak was once an acorn too. - Lao Zi -

bestekampfpilot58

« Reply #25 on: May 31, 2022, 05:36:55 PM »

Hi, Epervier,

I just now tried to fly a  mission in  QUICK MISSION, I selected a Macchi MC200 Series 7, 1941 R.S.I (ANR 1943-45) This allowed me to view the
aircraft, however as soon as I selected R.A.-Regia Aeronautica, POOF!,  the plane disappears!!
Here is my logfile...

https://pastebin.com/CmHd8z0i

P.S.
Just had EXACTLY the same result in Vp-modpack! Disappearing planes..So, it's not just Bat that is acting erratically..Sad to say...I hope it is not caused by my old computer!! :(

a 'Snippet' from my log-file.."WARNING: object '3DO/Plane/MC-200_VII(it)/eye.mat' of class 'TMaterial' not loaded", seems like I've seen this type of message in the past? o_O
I don't remember the solution however....

bomberkiller

• Treffen sich zwei Jäger...!
  • Modder
  • Bf-109G-6/R6 = Bomber Killer
« Reply #26 on: May 31, 2022, 07:59:01 PM »

Hello BKP58,

please try the following:

Main Game Folder\ BATDOCS\ BATDLLS-00_SAS-ModAct...

or copy BATDLLS-02_BAT-Alternative to desktop, unpack, put these files back into your main game folder.

You will then be asked whether the existing files should be replaced - then you click yes.

For these different DLL files, there is no one-size-fits-all law. You have to try...!

I copied the BATDLLS-00 into mine so that the 4K (49153kb) skins can be displayed.

With best regards and good luck,

]cheers[

Gerhard
FAC N° 9 ...cheers mein Schatz

bestekampfpilot58

« Reply #27 on: May 31, 2022, 08:51:44 PM »

Hello Gerhard, sorry that didn't work! The airplanes just disappear! I tried two of the Bat files,  BATDLLS-00_SAS-ModAct, and BATDLLS-02_BAT-Alternative.
Same dismal result. But, at least I have a clue the game is looking for and cannot find this...WARNING: object '3DO/Plane/MC-200_VII(it)/eye.mat' of class
'TMaterial' not loaded"

If I can track back in time and remember HOW to help correct the path to this "eye.mat' then I'm sure that at least that problem would be solved?! I hope!
Check back later!  ]banghead[  ::)
Thanks! (Vielen Dank!!)

Horrido!

P.S. SO I de-activated the Italian pilots mod, kept in place all the new .dlls, and the game (Vp_Modpack) runs just fine, sans the Italian pilots of course!!
So, I'm convinced that the missing 'eye.mat' file is the reason for the missing planes, not the .dlls..Barking up the wrong tree as it were.  ]confused2[ If I could only track down
the history of the problem that I had a few years back (2019?) with another missing mat file..I'm sure that the situation would be 'gold!'

bomberkiller

• Modder
« Reply #28 on: May 31, 2022, 09:42:16 PM »

Haha, just checked,

had the same crash (100%) like you.

I made a new mods folder "#WAW3".

In that folder I took only the required mods for #WAW3.

I chosed "Country Italy" - nothing showed up in the "aircraft window".

I chosed "Country Luftwaffe" and the MC-200 Serie7 showed up in game but without the new "Pilot Italy".

It semes we have to wait for repaired mods...!

]cheers[

Gerhard

bestekampfpilot58

« Reply #29 on: May 31, 2022, 10:26:07 PM »

AH_HA!! ]confused2[
Sehr Gut! ]salut[ Just like me!! But wait, it gets better!! I got the FRENCH pilots to WORK!!! Ja! Wunderbar!!! I just had a nice
dogfight in a Vichy French Hawk 75 with a Cool French pilot, against a P40B Tomahawk!   ]blob8[ ]blob9[ SO! Why do the french pilots work?, but not the
Italian pilots? (eye.mat!?)  Plus I saw a PINK Bf109!!??  Because of the eye mat error or the new .dlls? Sheesh? Not sure WHAT to make of this mod(s)
Anyway!! Thanks a lot for cluing me in!!
Cheers!

Horrido!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
WOOO HOOOOO!!! ]hello2[ ]hello2[ ]headbang[ ]headbang[ ]blob1[
In BAT I now have BOTH French AND Italian pilots!!! I think a re-boot helped?, I don't know, but they are there!!!!! JA!!!
I can't get both to work in VP-modpack, but in Bat I DID!!!!! Shazamm!!, those pilots look GOOD!!!!  :o 8)
GOOD WORK GUYS!! Well done!! German pilots next? Fingers crossed that all is well!! 🤞
Cheers!!
Horrido!

bomberkiller

• Modder
« Reply #30 on: May 31, 2022, 10:37:41 PM »

Italian pilots? (eye.mat!?)

Exactly!

Put the "EYES" from french pilot, wasn't a solution either.

]cheers[

Mission_bug

• Modder
« Reply #31 on: June 02, 2022, 01:26:02 PM »

Excellent, thank you very much, really appreciated. 8)

I had a problem with these only showing in some aircraft, even stock stuff like the SM-79 would not load them. o_O

Looking in the folders later it looks like only some Italian aircraft are contained within so just check before a particular type is tested
that it has a folder within the mod, at least I think that is the reason for the no show. ;)

Take care and be safe.

Wishing you all the very best, Pete. ;D

Mick

• Modder
« Reply #32 on: June 02, 2022, 03:42:05 PM »

Excellent, thank you very much, really appreciated. 8)

I had a problem with these only showing in some aircraft, even stock stuff like the SM-79 would not load them. o_O

... well, that's quite normal, since the SM79 is not included in the pack ...  ;)

Only the pilots for these planes are included :

mikojan3

« Reply #33 on: June 05, 2022, 08:11:45 AM »

Hello Gerhard, sorry that didn't work! The airplanes just disappear! I tried two of the Bat files,  BATDLLS-00_SAS-ModAct, and BATDLLS-02_BAT-Alternative.
Same dismal result. But, at least I have a clue the game is looking for and cannot find this...WARNING: object '3DO/Plane/MC-200_VII(it)/eye.mat' of class
'TMaterial' not loaded"

If I can track back in time and remember HOW to help correct the path to this "eye.mat' then I'm sure that at least that problem would be solved?! I hope!
Check back later!  ]banghead[  ::)
Thanks! (Vielen Dank!!)

Horrido!
ufff i have the same problem in any installation of il-2 same error

P.S. SO I de-activated the Italian pilots mod, kept in place all the new .dlls, and the game (Vp_Modpack) runs just fine, sans the Italian pilots of course!!
So, I'm convinced that the missing 'eye.mat' file is the reason for the missing planes, not the .dlls..Barking up the wrong tree as it were.  ]confused2[ If I could only track down
the history of the problem that I had a few years back (2019?) with another missing mat file..I'm sure that the situation would be 'gold!'

mikojan3

« Reply #34 on: June 05, 2022, 08:13:10 AM »

french worked very fine but italian and RAF don t work eyes mat error

mikojan3

« Reply #35 on: June 06, 2022, 06:11:28 AM »

ok air gentlemans i have realized the problem is just the raf pilots
raf enabled italian and raf don t work
raf disabled italian and french worked perfect hmmm strange sure is a conflict in this 2 packs
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 21   Go Up

Page created in 0.083 seconds with 21 queries.