Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Spitfire as dive-bomber  (Read 2457 times)

greybeard

• Modder
  • diligo veritatem
    • Old stuff about RB3D and a tiny "IL2 corner"
Spitfire as dive-bomber
« on: May 14, 2020, 01:46:23 AM »

Starting with campaign in Italy during 1944, then in Europe after D-Day, and (possibly) during Burma campaign in 1945, Spitfire was used as dive-bomber. 2nd TAF detailed also techniques in its manuals:

I tried (successfully, after many attempts) to introduce in game this feature; result is file at following link (provisional, until I'll upload on a definitive site):

https://we.tl/t-cf2cK04LMF

Permanent download link

From its readme:
"Makes all marks of Spitfire (and Seafire too) act as dive-bombers (if they have at least one bomb in their loadout inventory!).

Historical attack altitude was 2000 m, which works also in game. Keep this in mind when planning your missions!

Drop this folder into your MODS (or #SAS, #DBW, #UP#) directory. Be sure it is loaded FIRST of any other mod dealing with Spitfire and including this same file. This could cause compatibility issues.

Hope you enjoy,
Greybeard
"

I would just like to add (at the cost of being foolish and pathetic) to the friends that I have so often harassed for the changes in JAVA (and who might think that I was unfair), that I have not learned to use it; I can only see a part of it by a simple tool and change some details. This to add a class (or type) was a great success for me, the result of months of countless attempts ]banghead[, even if this could make some "real" modders roll on the floor laughing!
CPU: AMD Athlon 64 - RAM: 2GB DDR @ 201 MHz - MoBo: ASUSTeK Computer INC. A8N-SLI (Socket 939) - Vidcard: 1024MB NVIDIA GeForce 9400 GT (Club3D) - Screen: L1750SQ (1280x1024@75Hz) - Audio: Realtek AC'97 Audio.

Knochenlutscher

• Flying Ass Clown #10
  • Modder
  • aka Segfej
Re: Spitfire as dive-bomber
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2020, 07:19:41 AM »

Nice feature, will try out. thanks

That's sth. the LW had established in their pre War Ground Attack Training pamphlets.

This pattern is the "Angriff im Rechen Sturzflug" Dive attack in the rake pattern

The so called Steckrübenwurf  the Turnips throwing pattern was a low level attack pattern, similar to
the Allied developments of low level fighter bombing. Found out it was exactly the pattern Bert Houle
described of 112 Sqadron Kitty pattern they developped.

The 3rd pattern is a guided (Storch) Formation Steckrüben attack

best wishes
Tobias
Wiseman : "Did you speak the exact words?" Ash : "Look, maybe I didn't say every single little tiny syllable, no. But basically I said them, yeah."

greybeard

• Modder
  • diligo veritatem
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2020, 01:55:21 AM »

Hi Tobias,

glad you're interested. Of course the mod is set for AI, you may dive bombing with anything that can fly with a bomb, lol!

Cool pamphlets! I find its graphic layout quite "modern", like many things of the thirties! Thanks for sharing and also for your comments!

Regards,
Giuseppe
CPU: AMD Athlon 64 - RAM: 2GB DDR @ 201 MHz - MoBo: ASUSTeK Computer INC. A8N-SLI (Socket 939) - Vidcard: 1024MB NVIDIA GeForce 9400 GT (Club3D) - Screen: L1750SQ (1280x1024@75Hz) - Audio: Realtek AC'97 Audio.

Gaston

• Modder
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2020, 04:50:47 AM »

This is very interesting ! Hope this mod will be included in next BAT update !

Knochenlutscher

• Flying Ass Clown #10
  • Modder
  • aka Segfej
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2020, 05:15:25 AM »

Hi Guiseppe, no that's not the original Pamphlets, but a modern graphic.
This particular book has some other nice tuned Graphics like Me 262 attacks, or Me163, Mistel, BoB stuff.
The old Pamphlets are really technical, if you keep reading
you get the glimpse it could be a Physics Course or maths Books.
It's so scientific at stages, I can barely understand what they want.
Old graphics sometimes lack visualition, they are kept simple.
Those Training Manuals where in the style from that Spit Graphic.
Can be found in Bomber crew Pamphlets of Basic Bomber training.
Ausbildungsvorschriften Bomberbesatzung I,II, II and all
subsequent series.

Best wishes
Tobias
Wiseman : "Did you speak the exact words?" Ash : "Look, maybe I didn't say every single little tiny syllable, no. But basically I said them, yeah."

Griffon_301

• SAS Team
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2020, 05:31:40 AM »

Which book is this?

greybeard

• Modder
  • diligo veritatem
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2020, 12:25:01 AM »

Hi Guiseppe, no that's not the original Pamphlets, but a modern graphic.

Ops! Sorry, I misunderstood! :-[
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.075 seconds with 28 queries.