Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: FW-200C-3 ordnance mod  (Read 17202 times)

Twister

FW-200C-3 ordnance mod
« on: June 16, 2010, 01:51:05 AM »

X-4 AAMs now in the role of anti-fighter defensive measures.
In hypotetic '46 scenario, with the increasing Allied air activity, RLM went to desperate measures to cut bomber losses, and initialize development of defensive variant of X-4 AAM.
Here is result...

Rearward-starting X-4 missiles, controlled by AI gunners.

Mod features different bomb loadouts, combined with X-4 AAMs in defensive orientation.
If Zorin's weapon mod, including SB 1000 & PC 1000RS, is installed, this mod will benefits from it. Credits to Zorin these weapons.

Also, mod fixes bug with left chassis cover animation (E70B5C0620D8FE8A - responsible class file).

Mod can be used in two variants: one is a patch for flyable AAA version of FW-200_C3U4 (here I should give a credits, probably to MrJolly, PeaceLovinHippy & Lt.Wolf, however, I don't know for sure, who is a author). For flyable variant U should have AAA FW-200_C3U4 flyable mod installed first.
Second variant expanding weapon list of default FW-200_C3U4 with new weapon loadouts.

UPDATE --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
AI handling of X-4 AAM's improved.
AI now will use forward turrets to attack ground targets. Both pilot & gunners can fire forward turrets guns - lower turret as primary, upper as secondary.
Also, there is some experimenting (non-historical) with different RATO boosters and weapons (bombs, torpedoes, rockets, flares):
4x AB 500 + 2x AB 250
4x AB 1000 + 2x AB 250
2x AB 1000 +2x X-4 ruckwartslauf
2x SB 1000 +2x X-4 ruckwartslauf
4x SB 1000
12xSC50 +2xSC250 +2xX-4 ruckwartslauf
12xSC50 +2xSC500 +2xX-4 ruckwartslauf
12xSC50+2xSC1000+2xX4 ruckwartslauf
4x SC 250 + 2x X-4 ruckwartslauf
4x SC 500 + 2x X-4 ruckwartslauf
2x SC 1000 +2x X-4 ruckwartslauf
2x SC 1800 +2x X-4 ruckwartslauf
2x SC 2000 +2x X-4 ruckwartslauf
2xSC2000 +2xSC250 +2xStarthilferakete
[RATO boosted]
2x SC 2500 "Der Kleine Max"
2x SC 2500 + 2x Starthilferakete           
[RATO boosted]
4x SD 500 + 2x X-4 ruckwartslauf
2x PC 1600 +2x X-4 ruckwartslauf
3x PC 1600 + 2x HWK 109-500             
[RATO boosted]
2xPC1000Rs +PC1600 +2xHWK109         
[RATO boosted]
3x PC1000Rs +2x X-4 ruckwartslauf
4x PC 1000 Rs + 4x Christbaums
5x PC 1000 Rs "Paul"
2xPC1000Rs +2xLT.1B4 +12xSC50         
[RATO boosted]
4xLT.1B4 +4xChristbaums +2xHWK109   
[RATO boosted]

Issues:
RATO units and torpedoes on under-fuselage pilons isn't visible on loadout screen.
After bombardment, if not satisfied with results, AI descends and trying to finish work with guns. This is not always credible.
AI commits only one torpedo attack, even if it has more torpedoes.
If unlimited ammo option enabled, visual artefacts is possible.

UPDATE ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Now FW-200C-3 can be operated as a carrier for pair of Fi-103 cruise missiles.
U will need this mod installed at first: https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,5316.0.html

Download link: http://www.filefront.com/17750175/FW-200_C3U4.rar
Recommended update: https://www.mediafire.com/file/gjbtobpwbxtvr2b/RocketXseries.rar

To install, unpack the RAR folder to your \MODS directory.
(!) If U have AAA flyable FW-200_C3U4 mod, uncomment commented classfile in my mod folder - remove minus sign in file name.
Overwrite, if prompted.

Watch your six for a show !

LV 426

Sweet idea! I think the Su35 have this kind of possibilities: fire to his rear but i'm not sure.
Sorry for this question but i don't understand well english and my condor is the flyable version who is in the UP2 pack: What mod i have to download? The flyable version? Or the other?

Thanks for this very interesting mod Twister! :) Maybe you can modifie a latest H111 whit this mod, whit the X-4 AAm hide in the rear cone of the tail who will be eject when you fire... Just a idea i haved :D

LV 426

I know during the battle of britain, a german pilot install a Flame thrower in the rear of his Do17Z but when he was attacked by this english fighter, his "secret" weapon just excited more the ennemi pilot who haved just believe touch him... so your mod is no so fictionnal! :) Unfortunatly, we don't have the Do17 in Il2... :'(

Twister

Sweet idea! I think the Su35 have this kind of possibilities: fire to his rear but i'm not sure.
Sorry for this question but i don't understand well english and my condor is the flyable version who is in the UP2 pack: What mod i have to download? The flyable version? Or the other?
I dont' know for sure, is UP2 version the same thing, that is AAA version, but if U have flyable version, there is no sense to install non-flyable one.

Thanks for this very interesting mod Twister! :) Maybe you can modifie a latest H111 whit this mod, whit the X-4 AAm hide in the rear cone of the tail who will be eject when you fire... Just a idea i haved :D
IMHO, He-111 is pretty obsolete for '46, it's pre-war aeroplane. I think about Ju-88.

LV 426

Thank for the answers Twister! Will download this quickly!

Twister

I don't have the X-4s showing up in the loadout :(
In other hand, there is possible mod conflict, if U have some FW-200C3U4 mod installed. Check for classes, matching with 384C8BCE90B062C0.
Just in case, check your install. There two folders should be copied in MODS directory: FW-200_C3U4 and RocketX4homing. In case U installed flyable version, contents of FW-200_C3U4 directory should be copied to your flyable mod directory.
If everything is o'k, new loadouts should be appearing in weapons list BEFORE the "default" loadout.

Pursuivant

Good idea.

Historically, the Soviets fitted reward-firing unguided missiles to SB-2 bombers to achieve the same goal, albeit with minimal success.

Twister

Sorry, kameraden  :-[
Due to bad source files organisation, I omit in the mod install one folder (named RocketX4+backfire) with classfile, linked to mod, but not having explicit relationship to it. So I did not notice it.
Now it should work. Links updated.

Mad026

• Modder
  • F.A.C. Tailnumber 26

hi
 Great UPDATE, It works for me now :P :P :D :D

Twister

FW-200 C3 weapons update & AI fix.
« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2010, 09:31:16 AM »

There is another update with some experimenting (non-historical) with different RATO boosters and weapons (bombs, torpedoes, rockets, flares).

RATO units (starthilferakete) to facilitate take-offs from short airfields with heavy payload.

Awesome SC 2500 "Das Kleine Max"

LT.1B4 Pfau acoustic homing torpedoes.

Some other torpedoes, bombs & rockets loadouts with HWK 109-500 RATO units.

Now both pilot and gunners (player & AI) can fire forward turrets guns - lower MG FF as primary, upper turret MG 15 as secondary.
AI will use forward turrets to attack ground targets. AI handling of X-4 AAM's also improved.

stromer

Re: FW-200 C3 with different bomb & torpedo loadouts, RATO, and defensive X-4
« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2010, 09:45:12 AM »

Hello i have a little trouble,I cant Bombadier with the Torpedos!?The Taste for Bombing not going.

WulfPack3

Re: FW-200 C3 with different bomb & torpedo loadouts, RATO, and defensive X-4
« Reply #11 on: October 18, 2010, 11:15:04 AM »

Great New Loadouts :)
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up

Page created in 0.069 seconds with 26 queries.