Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Just a quick question about Sealion  (Read 1478 times)

NIGHTFIGHTER

Just a quick question about Sealion
« on: September 23, 2019, 08:27:11 AM »

just discovered sealion in the single missions department and found one of the missions uses the Bolton Paul Defiant.  Having flown the mission and made contact with a bunch of JU-87s and tucked into ones lower 6 I pulled the trigger and nothing, ok me thinks perhaps I have to use the rear turret only to find there is no rear turret.  Question is what is the point of this mission, God knows ( given my track record with IL-2 ) It must be something im doing......Just wondered if anyone else had tried these missions.

SAS~Storebror

• Editor
  • Taking a timeout
    • STFU
Re: Just a quick question about Sealion
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2019, 09:08:15 AM »

there is no rear turret
There's the issue.
Of course the BAT Defiant has a (player and AI controllable) turret.

]cheers[
Mike
Don't split your mentality without thinking twice.

NIGHTFIGHTER

« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2019, 09:23:51 AM »

Ah-ha thanks alot Mike, thought I was going mad.  Shame that it is, It's something to look foreword to in the future.  However it was a strange feeling flying side by side with the 87 and no-one was firing...Strange Mission!!

SAS~Storebror

• Editor
  • Taking a timeout
    • STFU
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2019, 09:28:16 AM »

I think you misunderstood: The Defiant has a turret. No idea why yours doesn't.
Logfile maybe?

]cheers[
Mike
Don't split your mentality without thinking twice.

Vampire_pilot

« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2019, 09:52:47 AM »

Just did a quick test and my Defiant backseat jockey shoots at the Stukas. But he does not hit squat unless set to ace and has some angle limits....

Beware that the Defiant is treated by AI like a bomber. Anything that does not have fixed forward firing guns is (WW1 cracks can sing this song quite well). It is a general game thing, nobody ever had found out how to make an AI Defiant attack another plane by itself.

Basically.... the Defiant wasn't much fun to fly into battle and is not much fun to play either. One could say, it's realism.

NIGHTFIGHTER

« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2019, 12:26:31 PM »

Thanks Vampire, the defiant wasn't too much fun for the Luftwaffe either.  The first encounter with it ended up with 4 109s being shot down before they worked out it wasn't a Hurricane ( the aircraft from the rear, has the same outline as the Hurricane ) and attacked it from the front......Anyway as to my problem, tried to get a logfile, so did a test flight and during this engaged auto pilot and went to rear turret, only to have a black screen, changed to manual still black screen, then due to missfortune caught the mouse ( I usually just fly on keyboard and joystick ) and up came a fully working turret with movement and firing capable....Strange! still didn't get a logfile that wasn't 17 miles long..But it's a step in the right direction....Before posting this question, I did do a search about Sealion missions and found another young french lad with my same problem only on Defiants and Welingtons..but he never did get a reply.....Look many thanks for the helps Folks, without you guys us lesser mortals would be lost. :-|

Vampire_pilot

« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2019, 12:56:46 PM »

log is useless, that's no error. everything is as its "supposed to be".
All turrets are mouse controlled

NIGHTFIGHTER

« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2019, 01:10:06 PM »

And that as they say is why Im a pilot, not a gunner :D the only time I have played as a gunner the only thing i hit was my own aircrafts tail ;D Thanks Mike and Vampire...your wisdom is endless..

221teddy

« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2021, 01:39:37 PM »

I have a problem with the Defiant: sitting in the turret I have only a firing angle of approx. 90° backwards. The AI Defiants seem to have a significantly larger firing angle of more than 180° (up to 270°, even in the forward direction). Represents the behaviour of my turret an error or has the player's turret such a limitation? Is there a possibility to enlarge the firing angle to a comparable extend like the AI planes?

Teddy
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.068 seconds with 27 queries.