Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Map of Catalonia - Screenshots  (Read 10648 times)

agracier

• Modder
    • The Great War in a Different Light
Map of Catalonia - Screenshots
« on: May 31, 2010, 02:56:22 PM »

Here are some screenshots of a Spanish Civil War map in progress. This is of Catalonia. The map is virtually finished as far as the texturing goes. Fields are in place, roads, railways and some 20 plus airfields. Most in historic locations.

Only populating still needs to be done, but for that I am waiting for Lejo's repaints of houses and buildings into a Mediterranean style. A more or less realistic finishing date would be late autumn.

RealDarko

• Modder
Re: Map of Catalonia - Screenshots
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2010, 03:13:52 PM »

Textures are pretty good, BUT you leave out my town. Amposta south of your map! ;)

agracier

• Modder
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2010, 03:34:01 PM »

Textures are pretty good, BUT you leave out my town. Amposta south of your map! ;)

Ha ha ... the map was so big already ... anyway I think Amposta is on the Baleares map if I'm not mistaken ... which, by the way, could do with a serious retexturing ...

cgagan

• SAS Team
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2010, 04:25:55 PM »

Looking forward to it (as always...)! Lejo's repaints are a true treasure for all med maps, including the Aegean archipelago

agracier

• Modder
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2010, 04:37:08 PM »

Looking forward to it (as always...)! Lejo's repaints are a true treasure for all med maps, including the Aegean archipelago

By Jove you're right ... there's a map of the Dodecanese Islands being populated with some additions by the Czech Virtual Squadron ... those houses should be good for this map too ... will probably mean waiting a bit longer though ...

Mick

• Modder
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2010, 07:42:38 AM »

... same with me, can't see Carrer Rector Triado in Barcelona where my dad was born ...  ;D

agracier

• Modder
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2010, 09:55:14 AM »

... same with me, can't see Carrer Rector Triado in Barcelona where my dad was born ...  ;D

That's true, but Barcelona isn't populated on the map yet ... ha ha. As a consolation I did however already put in a number of Republican era posters in Catalan ... that should count for something ...

Mick

• Modder
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2010, 01:26:41 PM »

...I hope you won't forget  Dolores Ibarruri aka "La Passionara" and her "no passaran!"  ;D

Pasionaria por Ana Belén

1937 - Discurso de Pasionaria

Benno

• Retired Airline Pilot
« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2010, 02:29:11 AM »

Yummy,  looking forward to this !!
Benno

Uufflakke

• Modder
« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2010, 06:42:33 AM »

Thanks for the compliment...  :)
As you and Agracier already know the Mediterranean Objects Set will be finished in let's say three or four weeks including damagemodels.
For those who don't know what we are talking about, here are some examples of the stuff I made. At the moment I have about 50 objects: houseblocks, churches, rural houses etc.
As soon as it is finished I will release it here and at the newborn AAA (overthere my nick is Lejo.)

Cheers, Uufflakke.

"The Best Things In Live Aren't Things"

agracier

• Modder
« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2010, 06:58:39 AM »

I've already put some of the new repaints into existing maps to try them out. And even though they are repaints, because they are also stand-alone new objects as well, they will change the whole feel and look of many Mediterranean maps ...

It's really amazing what a new color scheme can do to an object. And I can vouch for many of the color schemes being spot on correct for Spain ...

Blumax

« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2010, 12:29:40 PM »

I love that part of Spain and Barcelona is my favourite city, looking forward to this and seeing how the 'med skinned buildings' look, there are many maps now that would benefit immensely from some med looking buildings.
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up

Page created in 0.181 seconds with 26 queries.