Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Is there any object that adds "solid ground" - HSFX  (Read 664 times)

tomoose

• Modder
  • Iiiiiiiit's ME! Hurrah!!
    • 71 "Eagle" Squadron
Is there any object that adds "solid ground" - HSFX
« on: July 31, 2017, 08:03:55 AM »

SITUATION: Running a coop campaign (Normandy44) with stock Normandy44 map and HSFX.  We (the Allies) are crowded onto the little UK island of the coast of Normandy.

PROBLEM: UK Island airfield and airstrip is very crowded as the Allies don't yet have any captured territory on the mainland.  I have inserted a couple of extra runways using the Test Runways from the Stationary Ships in FMB.  That's working as an ad-hoc solution.

It got me to wondering if there was an object similar to the test runways that I could put on the water and "add" to the UK island (essentially adding terrain with an object instead of going through the long process of modding a map).

ATTEMPTED SOLUTION:  I experimented in FMB by putting together the Boxted airfield plates (from Objects) and then overlaying the large test runways (from Stationary Ships) on top of those plates.  While the airfield plates did indeed look like they sat on top of the water they were obviously not 'solid'.  I was hoping the Test Runway 5 or 6 would act as solid ground on top of the Boxted plates over the water (i.e. a giant invisible aircraft carrier so to speak)........they didn't LOL  So much for that idea.

QUESTION:  is there a "solid" object out there that can be used in a situation like this (i.e. can be added to a map and act as solid ground then subsequently 'layered' with other 'plates' as described above...OR...is there a modified Normandy44 map with an enlarged UK island?

Any suggestions/advice is appreciated.

thanks,
Tomoose

NOTE:  I originally created a scratch-built DCG campaign using the WesternFront44 map and it worked up to a point but I was getting out of my depth with my knowledge of the various .dcg files (i.e. timetable.dcg, territory.dcg, locationsl.dcg, columns.dcg) and despite numerous tweaking/editing attempts could not get the groundwar portion to work properly (i.e. columns were not appearing, the frontline wasn't moving etc ad naus).  That's why I switched to a 'stock' DCG generated campaign with the Normandy map.  It's working great, it's just the real-estate issue on the little island.

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.079 seconds with 24 queries.