Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Black mask removed around Blue Runway Light  (Read 672 times)

Plowshare

• Modder
Black mask removed around Blue Runway Light
« on: April 01, 2017, 09:09:15 AM »

From Post#8 in "WaW Performance Boost" in the BAT Lounge:

And unfortunately I found one good reason NOT to delete, at least, sasup_effects01.sfs, it appears that without it the blue runway light object has an ugly black mask.

I can confirm this when I placed the light in a mission I'll call "ABC." However.....

I got the blue light to appear without the black mask by doing the following:

Without Il2 running reinstall the sasup_effects01.sfs file in BAT00
Start Il2 and go to FMB
Open mission "ABC"
Place the red and green runway lights - both lights should show on the ground in FMB (not sure if this is necessary but it's what I did)
Save mission "ABC" (I didn't run the mission at this point)
Exit Il2
Remove the sasup_effects01.sfs file
Restart Il2 and check the blue runway light in mission "ABC" through FMB

After that I ran mission "ABC", exited the mission, opened the mission again in FMB, placed another blue light, and both lights now appear WITHOUT the black mask.

I also opened a different mission, placed a blue light, and it shows without the black mask.

I have restarted the computer and the lights are still there in both missions without the black mask.

Here's the rub: The red and green runway lights are not available in FMB when the sasup_effects01.sfs file is removed. They were NOT deleted from mission "ABC" above but simply do not show.

All the other lights show just fine.

Of course I have no idea what is going on here but maybe someone with the knowledge will glean a bit of help from this testing.

Bob
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.075 seconds with 27 queries.