Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Flickering Menu  (Read 2602 times)

ryan55510

• Digger of Old Threads
  • Everyone can dream, but only some can do.
Flickering Menu
« on: January 29, 2017, 08:58:27 AM »

Dear all,
Just wondering if any of you have experienced this issue and if there is a known solution. Since installing Windows 10 I've had the menu screen in IL-2 flicker like so:

And I have also been unable to enable perfect mode (worked perfectly on the same install until Windows update)
I don't believe its anything to do with mods since I tried this in a stock install with the same issue.

Any ideas before I'll have to downgrade to Win7/8?

I use a Nvidia GeForce 840M on a laptop. Drivers didn't make a difference during trials.

Thanks in advance,  :-|
ryan55510

western0221

• Modder
  • Live in Japan
    • IL-2 itaki blog
Re: Flickering Menu
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2017, 09:40:01 AM »

I'm not sure, but possible....

Windows10's each applications' resolution and DPI compatibility setting ?

Mouse right button click on il2fb.exe and choose property menu -- open compatibility tab.
Check - Disable scaling on high DPI monitor.

How ?

Captain Dawson

« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2017, 04:43:50 PM »

Windows10's each applications' resolution and DPI compatibility setting ?

Mouse right button click on il2fb.exe and choose property menu -- open compatibility tab.
Check - Disable scaling on high DPI monitor.

Heh, had this problem quite a while. Kindov annoying. Your suggestion fixes it! Thanks Western!  ;D
"It's totally foolproof, until you mess something up." -Captain Dawson My OP rig: CybertronPC Palladium custom desktop computer, GPU: NVidia GeForce GTX 1060 6GB GDDR5, CPU: Intel Core i5-6600K 3.5 GHz 6M Cache Skylake Quad-Core, RAM: 8.00 GB, Motherboard: Intel H110 Chipset, SSD: 240GB, HDD: 1TB, OS: Windows 10

ryan55510

• Digger of Old Threads
  • Everyone can dream, but only some can do.
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2017, 06:39:15 AM »

Apologies for digging up an old thread, but I'm afraid western's solution hasn't worked out for me  :-X

Was playing around with the problem today, and I discovered that switching the game over to DirectX got rid of the flickering and bad anti-aliasing in object previews. Obviously this means I won't be able to use any of my graphics mods, but it'll have to do for now.

Given this new development, I humbly ask our brightest minds if this may offer any clues to a solution?  :-|
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.079 seconds with 24 queries.