Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: FM for SE5a  (Read 2727 times)

KevinHoggard

• Missioneer
FM for SE5a
« on: January 15, 2017, 09:06:31 AM »

With the update of the DoF, for some reason the SE5a will not take off from the runway. Now if I am flying it, I can manually push down on the stick to get the tail up and that works. But the AI goes full throttle and barely moves. If I don't to anything with the stick, I too just barely move forward.

Concerned because I have a 20 mission campaign built that took quite some time, and right now I can't release nor even test it.

Anyone ideas?
4th Generation Intel

henkypenky

• BAT 4.2 Flashpoint & WAW
Re: FM for SE5a
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2017, 12:51:13 PM »

I've got the same problem Kevin  ::(

SAS~Monty27

• SAS Team
  • Action and Adventure!
    • SPEEDMACHINE
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2017, 06:18:19 AM »

From the detailed mission briefing notes:

1917 - ALLENBY'S BOYS

FLYING THE SE5a:

This model has a built in joystick brake.  As you build revs after startup hold the stick fully back and the aircraft will hold station as engine revs increase.  When you are ready to roll ease off on the revs and gradually release back pressure.

Accelerate gently and the SE5a will accelerate smartly and takeoff in a short distance.  If you ignore this procedure, you are more likely to groundloop the aircraft.  Built around the 150 hp (112 kW) Hispano-Suiza 8a V8, the SE5a enjoys a smooth throttle response with less precessional torque than the radial engined Camel.

The B.A.T. Dawn of Flight SE5a lifts off and flys just beautifully.

The AI are just as good, providing their path is not blocked, and I have them taking off as well.  When writing campaigns with taxi routines some aircraft are definately better than others.  The scenery itself is often a factor too.  There are many work arounds, such as restricting the live taxi aircraft numbers, setting others up closer to the takeoff point and introducing other flights already airborne and arriving overhead in a low pass as you start up.  In an imperfect world all of these FMB tricks add to the atmosphere of a busy airfield.

KevinHoggard

• Missioneer
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2017, 06:21:55 AM »

But the AI aircraft cant takeoff???
4th Generation Intel

SAS~Monty27

• SAS Team
  • Action and Adventure!
    • SPEEDMACHINE
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2017, 06:53:11 AM »

I agree about the AI.  The earlier ones were much easier to deal with and behaved really well.  Seems our shitty old frankens for 412 were not that bad after all eh?  So how to have the new upgrade cockpit without all the crap that comes with it?  Welcome to my world. 

You guys can relax.  You flagged the issue and I see what you mean.  I will fix it and the fix will overwrite the updates you already have.   ;D

KevinHoggard

• Missioneer
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2017, 07:23:07 AM »

I agree about the AI.  The earlier ones were much easier to deal with and behaved really well.  Seems our shitty old frankens for 412 were not that bad after all eh?  So how to have the new upgrade cockpit without all the crap that comes with it?  Welcome to my world. 

You guys can relax.  You flagged the issue and I see what you mean.  I will fix it and the fix will overwrite the updates you already have.   ;D

You Sir are a rockstar!!!!!
4th Generation Intel

SAS~Monty27

• SAS Team
  • Action and Adventure!
    • SPEEDMACHINE
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2017, 08:47:18 AM »

OK Fixed.  This is ONLY for those who have done the advanced DOF Update.  NOT for general consumption.  This 'fix' will be included as part of B.A.T. Expansion Pack Six.  Everyone will have it at the right time soon enough.

Its just that, knowing Kevin and Henky, they will not want to wait and I am sure will be happy to test this for all of us and report back.

SE5FIX.ZIP - UnZIP direct to main Il2 install
https://www.mediafire.com/file/jgm80vi9tjdmcb1/SE5FIX.zip

My AI like it...

KevinHoggard

• Missioneer
« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2017, 11:00:30 AM »

Thank you Simon. Early testing and all works!!!!
4th Generation Intel

SAS~Monty27

• SAS Team
  • Action and Adventure!
    • SPEEDMACHINE
« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2017, 02:16:30 PM »

Yep, once again B.A.T. provides the best of all worlds.  ;D   ...part of the upcoming B.A.T. Expansion Pack Six..

Sir Rod

« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2017, 09:49:07 PM »

Monty,
Have I missed something?  I can't seem to get the new SE5a tube gun sight to open.   Is there a new control to do that?
Thanks  sorry for being a pain in the ass 
The rest of the improved  SE5a is a treat  :)

Rod.
i7-930 - 2.93 GHz, Asus P6X58D Premium, GeForce GTX-970, 12GB DDR3,  Samsung 32" , Win10 pro 64bit

SAS~Monty27

• SAS Team
  • Action and Adventure!
    • SPEEDMACHINE
« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2017, 10:47:33 PM »

I don't believe it was modelled.  The Gunsight zooms to the crosshairs on to the left of centre.  In a busy dogfight, getting suicidally close enough for a shot, this is enough for me.  :)

KevinHoggard

• Missioneer
« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2017, 11:14:03 PM »

I don't believe it was modelled.  The Gunsight zooms to the crosshairs on to the left of centre.  In a busy dogfight, getting suicidally close enough for a shot, this is enough for me.  :)

Hahaha yeah I'm still not quite used to off center aim... Hell I can't aim when the crosshairs are dead center :)
4th Generation Intel
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.084 seconds with 25 queries.